Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 12:49 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by music2myears View Post
Isn't Obama doing better than Bush ever did though?
Yes, he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 01:06 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,051,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by music2myears View Post
Isn't Obama doing better than Bush ever did though?
Only to those who obviously cannot grasp the fact that the Presidency is a puppet position.

Obama has basically carried out 80% of the Bush agenda.

He has changed nothing of any merit.

The sheep remain blind.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:48 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,517,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The liberals always want to raise taxes and have no clue that isn't working to create jobs!

Neither is interfering with the free markets...let people fail if the do their businesses wrong....if people have a mortgage that they can't afford, let them fail too.....

Government and for sure Obama should stay out of free markets!
good post and I agree!

Old 10-16-2009, 02:02 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obama isnt in charge of Florida, Republican Charlie Crist is, so if the unemployment numbers are bad, he's to blame. Obama only gets the credit when the numbers go down.

Saving liberals the keystrokes to spin it..

btw, the math comes out to $204,648 tax dollar PER job spent in Florida
Lots of people here don't "get" sarcasm. You'll see.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:22 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Well, let's see...

When Katrina took out the Big Easy and Bush's Goobers sat on their hands and played tiddly winks while millions were displaced, it was the Mayor's fault and the Governor's fault and everybody else's fault but the WH Goon Squad's fault that there was no relief forthcoming.

Florida had Jeb Bush in the Governor's seat and replaced him with Charlie Crist, and Floridians are relocating in droves and unemployment is sky high.

Must be a coincidence.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:12 PM

555 posts, read 2,211,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
REALITY CHECK

You have no earthly idea what the job situation would be without the stimulus....the job losses could have been double this amount for all you know.

Nobody promised you that Florida would not see job lossess....only that the job losses caused by the economic downturn which started under Bush would be minimized, and the recovery would begin sooner.
I'll tell you where the stimulus money went in Florida. It saved some governement employee jobs - that's all. And the universities used the money to add more faculty positions, which could be filled with a non-citizen if no american is qualified. The employees with the least education are the ones let go. If any private sector job was saved directly from stimulus money, I would like to know. This approach is so backward. Cut taxes and let the economy grow. Giving money away will not solve anything long term. obama needs to cut taxes now and stop this riduculous spending. Then the jobs can be created.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:16 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelle3 View Post
I'll tell you where the stimulus money went in Florida. It saved some governement employee jobs - that's all. And the universities used the money to add more faculty positions, which could be filled with a non-citizen if no american is qualified. The employees with the least education are the ones let go. If any private sector job was saved directly from stimulus money, I would like to know. This approach is so backward. Cut taxes and let the economy grow. Giving money away will not solve anything long term. obama needs to cut taxes now and stop this riduculous spending. Then the jobs can be created.
We just had a President who cut taxes (mostly for the very wealthy) twice. It resulted in the worst job record for any President since the stats started being tracked in the late 30's....

Old 10-16-2009, 08:17 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,475,235 times
Quote:
I say that if stimulus money ups government jobs, that is a good thing. Nothing beats government benefits and (largely) security. Only government workers can retire by 65 these days. Pfft on the private sector....it's good for $, and that's about it.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:27 PM

555 posts, read 2,211,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
We just had a President who cut taxes (mostly for the very wealthy) twice. It resulted in the worst job record for any President since the stats started being tracked in the late 30's....
Ok so did you see the story about the gm plant and Marion IN. MArion would give them tax breaks if they relocated and it worked. No, I am not buying into the "Bush did that" mentality. Cut taxes for business so they can create jobs. Government jobs only exist due to the private sector, something the current adminstration doesn't seem to get. I am not referring to the wealthy, but business. Maybe these companies aren't always the best employers, but withour them, there would be no government. Where would the revenue come from. I'm not a die hard Bush fan , but obama has done no more for the economy than Bush. Taxing the rich or not taxing the rich isn't going to matter one way or another over time. It is the employment of every one who wants a job that matters. If obama really wants to improve his ratings, he could start figuring out how to increase the number of jobs instead of how to tax everything to eternity.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:53 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Ok so did you see the story about the gm plant and Marion IN. MArion would give them tax breaks if they relocated and it worked. No, I am not buying into the "Bush did that" mentality. Cut taxes for business so they can create jobs. Government jobs only exist due to the private sector, something the current adminstration doesn't seem to get. I am not referring to the wealthy, but business. Maybe these companies aren't always the best employers, but withour them, there would be no government. Where would the revenue come from. I'm not a die hard Bush fan , but obama has done no more for the economy than Bush. Taxing the rich or not taxing the rich isn't going to matter one way or another over time. It is the employment of every one who wants a job that matters. If obama really wants to improve his ratings, he could start figuring out how to increase the number of jobs instead of how to tax everything to eternity.
Create jobs doing what? If money is not circulating, there is no reason for a business to increase production.

My business is growing as a direct result of stimulus money being released for shovel-ready projects, and we made money in September for the first time in over a year. We also hired two more people to handle the increase.

We are, BTW, a support business for manufacturing and construction. We have had to do some unusual things in the past year simply to survive, but we have learned a great deal from the experience, and the lessons will pay huge dividends as the economy grows. One more year and we will be back full strength.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies