Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2009, 01:11 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,973,896 times

Advertisements

The only people who helped that black Chicago kid getting beat up/killed outside his school by other blacks were white kids. Be an equal opportunity racist and start a thread about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 01:17 PM

450 posts, read 501,536 times
Lol I can prove I work for the DOJ by posting my ID
because you seem to keep alluding that I'm not

again you are wrong and you can type up as many responses as you want
and no that good samartian law point I brought up wasn't baseless

Generally in America if you cannot be liable civil you won't be charged criminally either

for every point you make about how it could possibly be the child's stepfather, there are many more cases where a child is abducted in America

You have smartly continued to ignore my question as to what would you want bystanders to do if they suspected your child was being abducted....

Old 10-17-2009, 01:26 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,899,589 times
This is one thing that angers me about white people in general. I'm white myself and I would have definitely done something. Disgusting. I can't believe it took "hours'' for someone to intervene.

This could be a cultural/regional thing also. I find it hard to believe that the same thing would have happened in the South.

I've now read that there were a few calls made to the police...i have mixed feelings about this. If it's an old lady or someone with a physical ailment or something than calling the police is the right thing to do. But if you're a man you shouldn't passively call the police and hope they show up on time. This passiveness is a problem in the "white community" and has been fostered by the idea of the nanny state. I will still call the police yes but I won't rely on them for my own safety or the safety of defenseless people.

Last edited by destinedtodave; 10-17-2009 at 02:04 PM..

Old 10-17-2009, 01:54 PM

38,610 posts, read 26,260,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones 1999 View Post
...guess you still cannot judge a book by its cover. Glad these guys helped out!!!

First of all, a big thumbs up for two black guys who interveined.

Your conclusion that "many caucasians stood by and did nothing!" doesn't seem to hold water.

The first two people to walk by were a clearly Asian boy with his Asian parent (assuming).

The second pair were a middleaged couple. The female appeared white while the male may have been Hispanic (hard to tell from the video).

The third one by was a white female.

The fourth group included the two black guys who interveined and, from what was later stated, an elederly woman who called 911 and a male in a van who could have been white or Hispanic (they didn't ask).

If you want the two black guys to be heros, I agree. They certainly are so.

The kid could have been a little better at delivering her lines, but I'll certainly give credit where due.

If you want to smear white males as cowardly perverts who abduct children, I would disagree.

I would have interveined without a second though, even if it were a black child and black would-be kidnapper.

Keep in mind that detaining a person against their will is kidnapping or unlawfull imprisonment.

If the child were just a brat who needed her hide tanned, our two black heros could be arrested and/or sued for detainiong him.

Yes, I would still do the right thing because the price of being wrong is too high, but it isn't without pitfalls.

Old 10-17-2009, 02:09 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,406,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
Ive seen plenty of White ladies clutch their purses in the elevators when I'm on with them alone (many have heard points like this)
And I dont think or assume any one of them were "Racist"
Matter of fact they are smart, They have a fear of blacks (in certain situations)

Sh*t I do too!
All right guys, tone it down a bit. The guys did the right thing. We must applaud them for that. Let's not get crazy about things, and get too off topic. A good deed was done, and we can leave things at that.

On a different note, here's something to lighten the mood about what you said above. It's funny. Enjoy!!

YouTube - a black guy and white girl

Old 10-17-2009, 02:16 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,608,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So "men" walk up and assume things are taking place that arent, (like the video shows), "men" can only react in a way that is agressive, and illegal? Really, thats what you are saying? That REAL MEN punch people FIRST, then ask questions? Not in my neighborhood but I never want to see you complaining about cop abuse because after all, most cops are men, and you just excused them for "punching first"

A real man first makes sure the individual is being abducted, or verifies that they are at least vulnerable. Thats what what happened here..

The man in the video obviously thought thats what was going to take place, he started pointing out the cameras and police officers rather quickly, backing off, raising his hands, thats all a sign of someone who thinks they are about to get beat the crap out of..

And if they were wrong, that the individual was the girls father, and it wasnt a tv show, they could have been charged with assault, false imprisonment, and even worse, helping what could be a runaway girl escape again.

If you are teaching your children to assume and then act, rather than finding out facts, then be prepared to visit your sons in prison.

Yes. I would be proud of my son for stopping a potential abduction.

After all, do you remember Elizabeth Smart?

Elizabeth Smart Abduction

For months her abductor - widely known as a 'crazy' homeless person who suddenly popped up with a young girl - was seen with her. At restaurants, Whole Foods, block parties... People remember seeing them, remember thinking how odd that suddenly crazy old guy and his crazy old wife suddenly have a young teen. But noone did anything. I suppose they didn't want to be embarassed. But they did nothing, and her daily rapes continued.

You tell me who is the hero is these scenarios? The ones that didn't take the chance in fear of 'embarassed' or the ones that acted?

Last edited by camping!; 10-17-2009 at 02:25 PM..

Old 10-17-2009, 02:18 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,608,811 times
Quote:
Then we actually do agree 100%, it was camping which made the ONLY other reason one would call them a punk, racism..

I was pointing out how pathetic it would be to assume that they were punks because they were black.
I questioned that posters need to equate the heros of this story with 'white punks'. I notice he has never come back, so we really don't know his motivation, do we? Perhaps I was being a bit of a wiseazz - but then again, maybe I hit a nerve?
I've been posting here for quite some time, and I don't have a reputation for calling 'racism' for every insult or action. But the way that poster worded his question makes me believe that just perhaps.....

Old 10-17-2009, 04:57 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,293,204 times
Quote:
If you see me hanging off a cliff and choose to help me, and you find out afterwards that I was really standing on a ledge and not in danger, you cant go to jail and there wouldnt be an investigation as to you not saving me.

If however I'm standing on a bridge and you rush over to try to save me, and thereby pushing me off the bridge, even by accident, and it turns out that I work for the bridge inspection company and I was doing an inspection to verify its safety, you indeed could have violated the law.

There is a difference between imminent danger, and perceived danger, and in many states finding an individual you dont know in your own home, and perceiving a danger to the point that you shoot them, does indeed get you charged especially if you shoot the individual in the back. Finding out later that they were a police officer who came to the house to check and make sure you ok doesnt mean that you didnt shoot him and didnt violate laws.
I think you are adding very little to this thread by continuing to harp on this issue. I'm sure this guy was coached by the police to react exactly the way he did should he be confronted by anyone. You continue to harp on the fact that the black kids helping out were wrong because of something you think they might have done. Personally, I don't think those black kids were going to get physical with the guy. You have a right to your opinion. Just don't get so upset when someone disagrees with you.

- Reel

Old 10-17-2009, 05:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,912,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Yes. I would be proud of my son for stopping a potential abduction.

After all, do you remember Elizabeth Smart?
Elizabeth Smart has nothing to do with the topic. She is an unrelated story. That would be like someone arguing not to eat hamburgers using mad cow disease as the excuse, or not getting in a car to drive, because we can all remember tragic car accidents.

Elizabeth Smart was a tragic story, this is not. It could have been had the perpetrator been real, or had the perpetrator not been taking part of a story and then claimed the individuals attacked him for "no reason". It would be his word against their, and even if they would happen to win at trial, they still would not have been a winner due to the inconvenience it would have placed upon their life.

As other posters have commented, some chose to call the police, (which would have been my reaction), other would have chosen to go in and "save" the girl, but abductors dont take part in highly vocal kidnappings, and had this been real, the chances of him having a weapon, thereby turning this from an abduction to a hostage situation for example would have been a far worse outcome.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:18 PM

272 posts, read 214,764 times
My earlier point is that race had nothing to do with their willingness to help. They were willing to help because they were young, in a group and oblivious to the dangers of poking their nose in someone elses business. I did not see a group of nice young white teen agers walk by so we dont know how they would have responded.

The fact that the people here wanted to focus on my terminolgy of "punk" while ignoring the main thrust of my argument is typical of this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies