Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 06:39 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,723,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory00 View Post
i don't think religion has anything to do with sexual depravity since people find ways around that while keeping up the front. i don't think young people having sex with eachother is immoral as much as it is very irresponsible. religious people are not anymore moral, in fact some of the worst sinners are religious. they just pretend or do devious things behind closed doors like molestation and even rape. religion has not stopped it. religion/philosophies is supposed to teach basic right and wrong to a society or has that role to some degree but it's really laws that make the biggest difference in curbing crime or sexual misconduct though definitely not all..

three things: welfare reform AND birth control offered on site at schools. it's because parents are not taking responsibility to admit that their kids may engage in sex so don't take them to the doctor or can't afford to get their kids birth control. make abortions free as an option for teenagers. this is much more practical.

i bet most all of them if it were made known to them that they would not be receiving welfare and was offered free abortion, many would choose abortion. also, many wouldn't be pregnant if birth control was more easily provided and they had access without their parent's consent, this was not some hidden issue and it was provided by the school clinic. lastly, of course sex education and why it's best to wait to become sexually active and wait til they finish school even etc.

The most religious states have the highest teen pregnancy rates .... these states also do not believe in contraception, nor sex education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 09:44 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,900,187 times
Girls and guys busy producing the next generation of cannon fodder. It would be cheaper to PAY them NOT TO.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:59 AM

640 posts, read 1,731,883 times
It's no longer seen as absolutely shameful to have a baby before marriage. I know even well educated people who are getting accidentally knocked up and now they just shrug their shoulders and tell themselves "Ohhhh everything will WORK OUT."

Old 10-17-2009, 11:06 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,276,554 times
Default Purposely and willfully misdefining infanticide

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
Such a pragmatic American. Rather than understand the situation or amply historical precedent the technology of mass infanticide will be used to ensure the desired eugenic result while completely ignoring the clear cause of the problem.

While you are at it, you might as well use another well worn American model and outsource the Chicago infanticide to some Chinese sweatshop, I hear they are great at eugenics over there.
You are being dishonest, at best, in your misusing the definition of infanticide.
infanticide - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
Main Entry: in·fan·ti·cide
Pronunciation: \in-ˈfan-tə-ˌsīd\
Function: noun
Etymology: Late Latin infanticidium, from Latin infant-, infans + -i- + -cidium -cide
Date: 1611

1 : the killing of an infant
2 [Late Latin infanticida, from Latin infant-, infans + -i- + -cida -cide] : one who kills an infant

— in·fan·ti·ci·dal \-ˌfan-tə-ˈsī-dəl\ adjective

It must be born to be an infant.

If you have a valid point, why choose dishonesty?
Unless of course, you have no real point.

Don't want an abortion, don't have one.
It's really no one's business what another person chooses to do.
It affects you in no way, unless you are looking for more "welfare whores" to complain about.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:06 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,522,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
The most religious states have the highest teen pregnancy rates .... these states also do not believe in contraception, nor sex education.
I come from a religious state. Not one girl in my high school graduated pregnant or with a baby at home. Even without sex ed we knew about the benefits of using a condom. This increase in teen pregnancies isn't about religion, it's about a relaxed devil may care attitude on the part of both the parents and the students. Kids are going to push the limits of their parents. If there's no limits, then you end up with this type of youth.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWAg View Post
Abortions provide an easy, irresponsible way out for these kids. Abortion teaches that "it's okay if you get pregnant, just come into one of our many convenient locations and terminate your child". It does not teach prevention and should never be an option.

I would stick to education and birth control.
Abortion doesn't teach anything.
I assume you're a man and won't ever have to deal with pregnancy.

Abortion is a verb, it is an action.

Don't want an abortion, don't have one.
Pretty simple.

You don't make the rules, and, in the US, abortion is LEGAL.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:12 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,691,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
More Obama voters.

1 In 7 Girls At Robeson High School Got Pregnant - cbs2chicago.com (http://cbs2chicago.com/local/Robeson.High.School.2.1251642.html - broken link)

The school website: Paul Robeson High School
Here we go, our daily dose of "I'm not a racist BUT"

These teenage girls are pregnant, black and from Chicago
Obama is Black and from Chicago
It must be Obama's fault that Black Teenagers from Chicago are pregnant.

Personally I am more upset that the school is named after an avowed Communist

Old 10-17-2009, 11:17 AM

436 posts, read 874,147 times
1 in 7 boys who know this Chicago High School girls are father already.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:18 AM

Next we'll be hearing that Obama got each one of them pregnant.
I'm surprised that hasn't surfaced yet.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:14 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,102,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Here we go, our daily dose of "I'm not a racist BUT"

These teenage girls are pregnant, black and from Chicago
Obama is Black and from Chicago
It must be Obama's fault that Black Teenagers from Chicago are pregnant.

Personally I am more upset that the school is named after an avowed Communist

Gee, only you could make a race issue out of this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies