Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 08:43 PM

436 posts, read 871,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I've never been into cross-dressing, but I can understand what it feels like when society tells you you're supposed to be a certain way and your gut tells you something different. It's easy to say "get on with life" when you've never had to deal with it.
If you want to trace back how each gender recognize their own identity through dressing, go check out Africa tribe.
You can see how they dress while Nobody try to influence you.

People tolerate you =/= agree with you =/= people accept you from their closet gossip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 08:50 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,579,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemeatball View Post
People tolerate you =/= agree with you =/= people accept you from their closet gossip
I wish I understood what you wrote.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:04 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,819,090 times
Right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I've never been into cross-dressing, but I can understand what it feels like when society tells you you're supposed to be a certain way and your gut tells you something different. It's easy to say "get on with life" when you've never had to deal with it.
It's weird and thank Goodness most crossdressing guys have a sense of humor.
YouTube - Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Crossdressing is flat out weird. There is nothing about it that requires acceptance, respect or anything else people want to claim for the sake of letting people do whatever they want. It's really nothing more than wearing a costume, which most people don't do on a daily basis either. Now, if guys want to dress like chicks (and even most women don't wear pantyhose these days!) that's their business, seriously, but the world won't accept it as normal because it really isn't, so they ought to be prepared for a lot of rejection. They can still do it if they want but they should also be in trying to figure out why they want to. Or better still, they can accept this as self absorbed behavior and stop obsessing about whatever the hell it is they are obsessing about and trying to "be me" blah blah blah and get on with life.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:16 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,515,932 times
Oh my god, who the frick cares if someone is a cross dresser or not? You guys need to start focusing on your, what I suspect are sad lives, because you spend waaaaaaaaaaay too much time devoting your attention to others sexual lives. Weird the energy & devotion some of you spend on it if you ask me.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:20 PM
obo

916 posts, read 982,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Oh my god, who the frick cares if someone is a cross dresser or not? You guys need to start focusing on your, what I suspect are sad lives, because you spend waaaaaaaaaaay too much time devoting your attention to others sexual lives. Weird the energy & devotion some of you spend on it if you ask me.
I don't want to see it in public places. You might enjoy it, but keep it behind closed doors. Have some respect and decency for those around you, and for Heaven's sake try and be a normal productive citizen.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:20 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,609,889 times
You guys are way off point.

Morehouse is a PRIVATE school for men. If they want a dress code, students should follow it or go someplace else. There is no freedom of expression when it comes to dress codes.

If students want to cross dress, they should do it on their own time. The campus and the classroom is not the appropriate venue.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
I don't want to see it in public places. You might enjoy it, but keep it behind closed doors. Have some respect and decency for those around you, and for Heaven's sake try and be a normal productive citizen.
Hahaha, that's funny. Guess what obo, it's a public place. Don't like it? Then YOU stay inside in your cozy indoor walled fortress. Because, see, it's not illegal to be a cross-dresser. It's also not illegal to be a bigoted homophobe. So guess what? You all get to live in peaceful harmony as much as that pains you. I always suggest to people in these types of situations that they buy themselves a little cabin in the woods w/lots of land & then wall it off so they can live in seclusion. I suspect many need to do this.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:51 PM

9,873 posts, read 10,777,832 times
maybe they should make the cross dressers spend a night in an all male prison............see how fast they lose the dress and start acting like a man!

Old 10-19-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
maybe they should make the cross dressers spend a night in an all male prison............see how fast they lose the dress and start acting like a man!
Got hit on by a cross-dresser did ya?

Old 10-19-2009, 10:58 PM

436 posts, read 871,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
This is unfair for all the other male prisoner in that same facility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies