Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2009, 02:14 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBxmEGG71PM

Bush lost the political will because of wars. Now with Obama in office everyone seems to have a renewed interest, even the same ones that were utterly against any reform if it would have given any praise to Bush. Those are the same people that still, almost a year later, post threads over and over and constantly blame him for everything from the temperature of their toilet seat in the mornings to why their coffee doesn't taste right.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 12-20-2009, 04:20 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,041,803 times
Default Your post is off topic but...

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBxmEGG71PM

Bush lost the political will because of wars. Now with Obama in office everyone seems to have a renewed interest, even the same ones that were utterly against any reform if it would have given any praise to Bush. Those are the same people that still, almost a year later, post threads over and over and constantly blame him for everything from the temperature of their toilet seat in the mornings to why their coffee doesn't taste right.
I watched in awe when President Obama addressed West Point about sending more troops to war. I heard him acknowledge -- even use the same words as George Bush -- when explaining why we're at war....

During the election, I told people that Obama wouldn't be bringing troops home in a year as he promised - or as he wished to....

It was good to hear an informed President speak to the nation about the reason we're at war.

Old 12-20-2009, 04:24 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Default Your post is OT :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I watched in awe when President Obama addressed West Point about sending more troops to war. I heard him acknowledge -- even use the same words as George Bush -- when explaining why we're at war....

During the election, I told people that Obama wouldn't be bringing troops home in a year as he promised - or as he wished to....

It was good to hear an informed President speak to the nation about the reason we're at war.
No. The poster asked why republicans didn't do anything to change the health care system. I showed, and told them, why. The video was Bush addressing SS shortfalls. Do you know what category Medicare falls under, it appears you don't? If anything you talking about war is OT. Your hypocrisy is funny.

Old 12-20-2009, 04:27 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,041,803 times
Quote:
No. The poster asked why republicans didn't do anything to change the health care system. I showed, and told them, why. The video was Bush addressing SS shortfalls. Do you know what category Medicare falls under, it appears you don't? If anything you talking about war is OT. Your hypocrisy is funny.
I was really responding - agreeing with - the previous poster's comments to your post...

Again, you are really showing your fruit...

and, again... you are a perfect example of the religious sheep that follow the Republican party.

Quote:
You did post the above commentary to the video that you posted ... right??

Obviously, you missed the point of my post...

I was trying to be nice to you.

Last edited by World Citizen; 12-20-2009 at 04:47 PM..

Old 12-20-2009, 11:29 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Health care reform bill passes critical Senate test on a 60-40 vote
Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com

Old 12-21-2009, 05:16 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
I applaud this step toward reform in terms of those who now will be able to get and keep coverage, the opportunity it presents for slowing the cost growth and wider options available for Insurance. Until our nation addresses the reason we have such a need for Health Care services, we will still have a huge and growing problem.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:36 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I applaud this step toward reform in terms of those who now will be able to get and keep coverage, the opportunity it presents for slowing the cost growth and wider options available for Insurance. Until our nation addresses the reason we have such a need for Health Care services, we will still have a huge and growing problem.
It is more like a stumble and trip towards reform. Today the estimate is that there will still be 26,000,000 million without insurance. So at what cost to the rest of the populace to cover these people? This bill is still being written so who knows what the language will be included in it by the time it goes back to the House.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:16 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post

Its 0bama, you have to ask the question - "Does he believe what he says?"

He said he was going to ban all earmarks, ban lobbyists from his administration, and have open door health care debates on C-SPAN. None of those things happened. Now, either those were things spoken by the real 0bama, and someone else twisted his nose and told him he has to do things their way, or he is a liar, or he just reads what is written for him and is just along for the ride.

When 0bama took office, he had a super majority in congress and the most political capital of any president in over 100 years, and he thew it all away As soon as he took office he immediately ceded all power to Pelosi and the congress. 0bama has nothing to show except trillions in deficit and a projected debt that is so massive, our children may never be able to pay off.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:27 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
So you applaud that this bill will force anyone who is self-insured and has a medical savings plan out of their current insurance? You similarly applaud that these people, who were previously responsible & insured, will be forced into whatever plan the HHS deems appropriate or else be fined $15K or serve up to one year in jail? You applaud this type of extortion by the government, is that correct?

You applaud that American citizen taxpayers should be forced to foot the healthcare bill of every individual who crosses our borders illegally?

You applaud that one's medical records will no longer be private but under the scrutiny of the HHS? You applaud that now the HHS will have the power to declare in individual incompetant?

Have you actually read the bill.....the Senate version that was available before the most recent cloture vote? Did you read the House version either?

I did.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:28 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
So why couldn't they have just passed a 20 page bill that addresses preexisting conditions in a way that made sense, and was fair? What we will end up with is a 2,000+ page bill and thousands of pages of amendments.

What will this end up looking like? Will it be like car insurance, where you can just go without paying insurance, and when you smash your car into a brick wall, you simply get the insurance company to to fix your car for $8,000, and then drop the insurance again? And the penalty for this is a fine that will be one tenth of an annual premium? How long could something like that go before the whole concept collapses?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies