Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 04:12 AM

403 posts, read 534,657 times

Advertisements

glenn beck is a functioning crackhead
he still thinks that a black man should be his pusha & not his president
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 04:43 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,581,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
It should be noted that recovering addicts often turn to extreme fundamentalism as a way of stabilizing their psyches - whether it be religious (Beck is Mormon, but I'm not sure how devout) or political (he is definitely ascribed to a radical interpretation of economic policy).

Schizoid and fictive personalities are also often drawn to fundamentalistreligion as means to fill a void, they may be sociopaths, but fit in into a nice little box accepted by the masses.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:54 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,314,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Schizoid and fictive personalities are also often drawn to fundamentalistreligion as means to fill a void, they may be sociopaths, but fit in into a nice little box accepted by the masses.
You are apparently a professional within the field of such behaviours, so I won't argue your point, but how does one account for the brazen idolatry the masses of typical Obama followers exhibit?
Surely as an educated individual,you cannot deny such behaviours exists, as this forum is filled with many examples.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:56 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,476,655 times
Quote:
Originally posted by Bluefly
Don't be condescending. The Bible speaks over 2,000 times of taking care of the poor, 0 times about abortion, and tangentially a few times about homosexuality.

The countries with the lowest poverty rates in the world are actually social democracies.

But, somehow, building a system in which everybody isn't at each others' throats begging for mere survival - whether it's only those wealthy enough provided health care or only those wealthy enough able to be sheltered - is now AGAINST Christ's teachings?

Wow. That deserves a big ol' right back at ya.

I'm certainly no advocate of communism - we're simply not advanced enough to handle it yet - but you should re-read your Bible if you think the system we have that worships the dollar is somehow God's will.

I can assure you, it is not.
I know just what you mean. I was listening to James Dobson in the car the other night and he was railing against Universal Health Care and how it will destroy the country, and I couldn't help but notice the irony of a born again christian opposed to guaranteed medical care for the poor. Go figure.

The whole "Jesus was a right winger" belief that permeates the American church is very difficult for me to come to terms with.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:11 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,314,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I know just what you mean. I was listening to James Dobson in the car the other night and he was railing against Universal Health Care and how it will destroy the country, and I couldn't help but notice the irony of a born again christian opposed to guaranteed medical care for the poor. Go figure.

The whole "Jesus was a right winger" belief that permeates the American church is very difficult for me to come to terms with.
You believe that government looks out for the poor and disadvantaged
Many an intelligent self sustaining individual recognizes that government serves only to wrap the poor in chains of dependence.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:28 AM

9,483 posts, read 9,795,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
I think the best question is:

Why did 295,000,000 Americans NOT tune in to watch Glenn Beck?

That puts things into perspective, doesn't it?
LOL, if all 295M people turned in to Beck, you leftie loonies would still be complaining and find a way to slander Beck....then you would say all 295M are sheeps and idiots to follow Beck....all but the couple dozen here on C-D who know better....(but forgot to record it). LOL!!

The lefties are soooo cute when they get mad over this stuff!

Old 10-20-2009, 06:34 AM

9,483 posts, read 9,795,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Don't have time to watch him, but get a kick out of the fact that he is such a thorn in the side for the radicals and anti-America crowd.
Despite the showmanship, his message is spot on and all that gives his opposition to work with are the personal attacks.
Keep on truckin Beck.
EXACTLY!! I've never had so much fun on C-D until these loonies started posting against Beck....heck because of them, I've started watching Beck more, just to get ammo to poke at the left.

Guess they will never learn that all of their hate is just fueling the fire. Fox and Beck could never have dreamt in a million years that they would get his much PR from the liberal press.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:11 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,683,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboy2454 View Post
on health care, hope i am not getting too far off the thread and i apologize for that but my anglioplasty cost 53,000. but if it were covered by health insurance it would only be 20,000. if i wasn't already wiped out by the recession they would have wiped me out anyways. as it is i am down to 3 of my 5 prescriptions because of cost. i cut out the 2 i thought i could live without but i am not a doctor its probably not good. when they say call us if you can't afford it, don't believe it. i asked cvs for a few weeks supply of plavix and they looked at me as if i was nuts and i called my doctor and asked if he had any samples he could spare and they said no. didn't try to get me any just said no. so now i never ask, i die i die, everyone dies eventually. its real easy to talk nonsense on tv but i am one of the many living it right now and i worked all my life.
I know this is OT. Sorry, I could send a DM but people out there should know that drug companies have plans to help people who can't afford their medications. Contact the company directly and ask.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:30 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,548,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I'm always fascinated when people quote numbers, but leave out some of the more important information. For instance, as regards ratings, are you aware of the blatant bias shown by the A.C. Nielsen Company? More than three quarters of their black boxes used to gather information on viewership are located in midwestern states--between Ohio and Illinois, specifically. The rest of the country is grossly underrepresented.

So when you wonder about ratings, you're actually wondering about what people in parts of the Midwest are watching. The Nielsen ratings say very little about the rest of the United States--although of course it is implied that they represent national viewership.
I am always fascinated by people who decry numbers that don't support their position but revel in numbers that do. Really hypocritical, don't you think?

Old 10-20-2009, 07:32 AM

136 posts, read 378,815 times
Default thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I know this is OT. Sorry, I could send a DM but people out there should know that drug companies have plans to help people who can't afford their medications. Contact the company directly and ask.
no doctor ever told me that nor did cvs but thank you i will check it out but i am sure there is a catch to it. i was buying overseas from india from the same companies that exist here for a third of the cost but now i am out and its an easy 10 days getting anything overseas. i usually start taking them every other day for a while and then i even cut them in half and do that evry other day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies