Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 06:51 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,229,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I wonder why?
I D.K., maybe because it's not news? beats the hell outa me. USAF Retired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 07:01 AM

484 posts, read 1,214,728 times
Now all the neocons need a new tag line. "Mainstream media" can no longer be code for all those that do not worship the Republican party because, well, FOX is part of the evil "mainstream media". This rating seems to suggest so.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:16 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,381,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
This is for good reason....all truth and fair and balanced.
They report everything!!!!!!!!!! Sorry CNN
Only those that think Kieth O is a straight shooter
or that Mao is a worthy quote will see it differently.
Remember, these are the people that thought Charles Manson was cool
because of his counter-culture life style and his groovy long hair.
They're confused.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:31 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,381,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Rahm, Podesta and friends are duly warning the other networks to not pick up any of Fox's "bad habits" and report things correctly.
Nothing wrong with the Government "advising" the press like this.
Historically speaking.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:29 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,641,661 times
Quote:
The more partisan the others are the worst their ratings will be!

People don't buy it anymore and more and more they seem to get that too.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:47 AM

20,419 posts, read 12,338,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Just because someone says they're fair and balanced 2000 times a day does not mean that they are. Is Glenn Beck Fair and Balanced? How about O'Reilly? Hannity? These are Fox's top ratings earners.

People watch it because they want to see what absurd thing they say/do next. Sort of like how Howard Stern got high ratings before he wen't over to Sirius.

When I worked the night shift, Fox News was on all the time, its the last thing from fair and balanced. CNN and MSNBC are not any better. Few of them really report on an issue, its more conservative/liberal whining about the issue with little perspective.

If you want to be informed, listen to NPR.
Oh my goodness, you dont really mean it when you say listen to NPR do you? LOL! That is funny! First of all, NPR just as slanted as Hannity! Only to the left!

Old 10-20-2009, 08:50 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,889,488 times
People who watch FOX are unbalanced, so of course Fox is balanced to them. Fox thinks FOR them. Top story "26 nuns leap from Empire state building". Not reported on other stations ? SEE ? Fox is on the cutting edge. FOX had the skinny. Fox for president. Fox restaurants all over the world. Fox kindergarten...get' em started early. And Fox beverage : Foxahol. for ahols.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:50 AM

9,451 posts, read 9,742,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
I D.K., maybe because it's not news? beats the hell outa me. USAF Retired.
Thanks for serving Hombre!

When I read your comment that Fox is not number 1 in Mexico, is probably because Mexicans are more concerned with what is going on in their own country than in the US. I don't see why it would be number 1 in Mexico.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:51 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,433,328 times
Quote:
Exactly. I get so tired of hearing how right wing FOX is when it is a known fact at least 1/2 of their commentators are middle of the road or left:

Example: Sheppad Smith
Greta
Geraldo
Juan Williams
Cavuto

Orielly has been more than fair to Obama and his cronnies, and always tries to have both sides represented. Huckabee has, as many libs as conservatives as guests.

There are only a hand full of true, over the tops conservatives on FOX, Sean and Beck, but Beck is more than a conservative. He is out there someplace. I think people are attracted to him more for entertainment than to learn from him.

Now, for those who still feel FOX isn't fair and balanced, could you gives up an example of the cross section on say, MSNBC or CNN?

Nita

Old 10-20-2009, 08:52 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,433,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love.doll View Post
fox news is racist.
In what way and give examples if you can.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies