U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 10-20-2009, 10:22 AM
 
8,640 posts, read 5,086,744 times
Reputation: 2841

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I prefer reporting of the news and not someone's interpretation of the news. You give me the facts and I can figure it out. I don't need O'Reilly, Maddow or anyone else to analyze it for me. Fox was really the first at having huge segments of commentary. Commentary is not news reporting. Unfortunately, CNN and MSNBC soon followed with their own brand of commentary.

What ever happened to go ole News REPORTING. What we have now is fastfood news. It is all prepackage from the AP or Reuters and then commented on by the commentators (entertainers). What I would like to see is for the networks to start doing their own investigation and then REPORT the news.
Easy solution. Just watch the news segments/programs. I always watch Beck (he's the only one exposing hussein and his criminal administration), rarely if ever watch Hannity or O'Reilly.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-20-2009, 10:24 AM
 
Location: Upstate
3,903 posts, read 3,142,916 times
Reputation: 2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Murdoch has a nose for business, news not so much...
Can you explain that statement with facts?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2009, 10:26 AM
 
9,824 posts, read 3,686,262 times
Reputation: 3157
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I prefer reporting of the news and not someone's interpretation of the news. You give me the facts and I can figure it out. I don't need O'Reilly, Maddow or anyone else to analyze it for me. Fox was really the first at having huge segments of commentary. Commentary is not news reporting. Unfortunately, CNN and MSNBC soon followed with their own brand of commentary.

What ever happened to go ole News REPORTING. What we have now is fastfood news. It is all prepackage from the AP or Reuters and then commented on by the commentators (entertainers). What I would like to see is for the networks to start doing their own investigation and then REPORT the news.

Try fox between 5pm and 7pm central time.

you will find balanced news the first our being political news with a balanced approach including both liberal and conservative and moderates in a round table discussion about what is happing

the second hour dealing with the rest of the world/national news that has little to do with politics.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2009, 10:27 AM
 
Location: Keonsha, Wisconsin
2,480 posts, read 1,859,126 times
Reputation: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Thanks for serving Hombre!

When I read your comment that Fox is not number 1 in Mexico, is probably because Mexicans are more concerned with what is going on in their own country than in the US. I don't see why it would be number 1 in Mexico.
Hmmm, did I say MEXICO? I thought I typed NEW MEXICO.

Why Do So Many People Think New Mexico Is Part Of Mexico
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2009, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Orlando
7,953 posts, read 7,106,569 times
Reputation: 3724
Well when their attorneys say... they don't have to tell the truth,its entertainment. then It seems you need to pair Faux against similar shows...

Jerry Springer

Maury Povich

(No disrespect intended to those two) They admit to being entertainment... well guess Fox does too
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2009, 10:59 AM
 
9,479 posts, read 3,045,085 times
Reputation: 4252
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
Nothing wrong with the Government "advising" the press like this.
Historically speaking.
There is plenty wrong with the Government advising the press to watch their "free speech".
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2009, 11:00 AM
 
Location: Upstate
3,903 posts, read 3,142,916 times
Reputation: 2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Well when their attorneys say... they don't have to tell the truth,its entertainment. then It seems you need to pair Faux against similar shows...

Jerry Springer

Maury Povich

(No disrespect intended to those two) They admit to being entertainment... well guess Fox does too
Just like Joy Behar on CNN's HLN channel?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2009, 11:01 AM
 
484 posts, read 701,172 times
Reputation: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Now, for those who still feel FOX isn't fair and balanced, could you gives up an example of the cross section on say, MSNBC or CNN?

Nita
Indeed, the cross section for MSNBC or CNN would mirror your analysis of FOX news, just switch conservative to liberal. All the digs on FOX apply to MSNBC and, to a lessor extent, CNN as well. The difference though is that FOX News and many of their fans like to actively deny that they are a Republican mouthpiece. Why not just admit it? Why not brand it "the voice of the conservative movement" or something? You don't see MSNBC so actively pretending to be something that they are not (fair and balanced).
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2009, 11:20 AM
 
9,933 posts, read 7,504,781 times
Reputation: 2482
Quote:
Originally Posted by love.doll View Post
fox news is racist.
The label of racist is quickly losing its power because of random usage like this.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2009, 11:23 AM
 
Location: Upstate
3,903 posts, read 3,142,916 times
Reputation: 2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaingr View Post
Indeed, the cross section for MSNBC or CNN would mirror your analysis of FOX news, just switch conservative to liberal. All the digs on FOX apply to MSNBC and, to a lessor extent, CNN as well. The difference though is that FOX News and many of their fans like to actively deny that they are a Republican mouthpiece. Why not just admit it? Why not brand it "the voice of the conservative movement" or something? You don't see MSNBC so actively pretending to be something that they are not (fair and balanced).
You have a good point, but I wouldn't go as far to say that MSNBC is pretending, their reporting is just as biased to their liberal audience as to Fox's conservative audience.

But the president and the WH advisors don't seem to have a problem with a news network that sees eye to eye with the WH.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top