Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 09:07 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,521 times

Advertisements

I am just astounded by how our President is handing out money. For anybody to continue to support this blatent irresponsibility on the premise of propping up the economy seriously has their blinders on.

Somebody has handed the president and congress a blank check book, the whole thing, and NOBODY seems to care that we are spending ourselves, our children, our grandchildren, and our great grandchildren into bankruptcy.

I don't support huge government in the first place, but for anybody to not be objective enough to see how detrimental the scale of spending is thats going on is only assisting in the continued collapse of this nation.

Do your research.

http://chekminus.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/us_president_barack_obama_spending_money_for_debt_ policy_speech_strategy_comic_political_cartoon_eco nomist_funny_best_top_free_greatest1.jpg (broken link)

Im truely scared. Not just about how big government is getting, but by how truely irresponsible this is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 09:10 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Run, while you've time. Then you won't have to be afraid of anything.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:14 AM

That speck at the top of the first picture are the proposed budget cuts to facilitate all of the spending. And that is the best comment you could come up with?

Old 10-20-2009, 09:37 AM

I can't believe nobody has anything to say about this.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:30 AM

So.... no Obama policy supporters want to address this problem.

I didn't think so.

Benjamin Franklin = "When the people realize they can vote themselves money, that will hearld the end of the republic"

They know what they are doing... they just don't care. So sad.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:51 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
I am just astounded by how our President is handing out money. For anybody to continue to support this blatent irresponsibility on the premise of propping up the economy seriously has their blinders on.

Somebody has handed the president and congress a blank check book, the whole thing, and NOBODY seems to care that we are spending ourselves, our children, our grandchildren, and our great grandchildren into bankruptcy.

I don't support huge government in the first place, but for anybody to not be objective enough to see how detrimental the scale of spending is thats going on is only assisting in the continued collapse of this nation.

Do your research.

Im truely scared. Not just about how big government is getting, but by how truely irresponsible this is.
Wow, amazingly ignorant.
You and your pretty charts seem to think that Obama started at $0 when he landed in office.

Does the FACT that bush's last budget was 3.1 trillion change your perspective?
Does the FACT that only a small portion of Obama's budget was due to his spending (limited to the stimulus) help your understanding?

The stimulus added 200 billion to the 3.6 trillion dollar budget.
Roughly 5%, or 1/20th of the budget is from Obama's spending.

Get your head out of its current location please.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:57 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,786,757 times
Didn't Bush spend a lot too? Like....A LOT A LOT?

Weren't Republican in control when Bush was spending all that money...?

Both parties want to (bleep) and moan whenever the other party is in control and spending money on things the other party doesn't like.

The deficit only matters when your party isn't in control. Funny how that works.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:02 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Didn't Bush spend a lot too? Like....A LOT A LOT?

Weren't Republican in control when Bush was spending all that money...?

Both parties want to (bleep) and moan whenever the other party is in control and spending money on things the other party doesn't like.

The deficit only matters when your party isn't in control. Funny how that works.
Pretty much, except for the war that both houses supported, no, he wasn't spending the way Obama is while he had control of the congress. Did he spend a hell of a lot, you bet, but that was then, this is now.

One example:

Let's try and make everyone wear a smile!!! What is our Pres proposing now? $250 bonus (not a stimulus) to every senior because we didn't get a cost of living raise this year. There is reason we didn't get raises, we got too much last year. What is this going to cost the tax payers? thirteen billion dollars, and when asked how he would pay for it? His answer, that is up to congress to decide.

Can I use the money? Of course, will I take it? Of course, but I didn't expect it and I don't think, when the average middle class person is getting no pay increase this year and many are still getting laid off those on SS. are entitled to this...

Nita

Old 10-20-2009, 12:06 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Pretty much, except for the war that both houses supported, no, he wasn't spending the way Obama is while he had control of the congress. Did he spend a hell of a lot, you bet, but that was then, this is now.
Bush spent a hell of a lot more than Obama.
Obama's spent so far, a portion of the stimulus.

Why continually parrot false talking points?

Old 10-20-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Wow, amazingly ignorant.
You and your pretty charts seem to think that Obama started at $0 when he landed in office.

Does the FACT that bush's last budget was 3.1 trillion change your perspective?
Does the FACT that only a small portion of Obama's budget was due to his spending (limited to the stimulus) help your understanding?

The stimulus added 200 billion to the 3.6 trillion dollar budget.
Roughly 5%, or 1/20th of the budget is from Obama's spending.

Get your head out of its current location please.
LOL its Bush's fault... seriously? Who said I defended Bush's spending? You have to come to that conclusion to make an argument of relativity all the while being non-objective to the debt issue. Are you more interested in playing politics, or addressing the issues?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies