Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 03:37 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
i know hell i got 2 nephews over there and have a interest in making sure they are not forgoten by thier gov. screw the elections this is a war not a social invitation
For the purpose of this conversation, I wouldn't care if your mother is in Afghanistan, because I find it quite interesting that for 8 years no one gave a damn about Afghanistan and suddenly in the course of two months it is everyone's most heartfelt concern.

If you are so concerned about you nephews (and I don't doubt that are) I think that spending a bit more time reading about the history of Afghanistan, the current situation, and the options being weighed might do your nephews far more good that jumping up and down about the need for a decision being made yesterday or not sooner. In the long run a judicious review of the situation might actually benefit your nephews more than a great leap into a war that most folks little understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 03:43 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
wow what a stupid post . regards

Old 10-21-2009, 08:35 AM

989 posts, read 2,498,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Obama is not sure of anything.

I have to admit that I'm a little surprised at his reluctance to lead.
Me too. Although I expected his presidency to be weak I didn't expect this level of ineffectiveness. He makes Jimmy Carter look like a strong leader.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:51 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Obama is not sure of anything.

I have to admit that I'm a little surprised at his reluctance to lead. Even though I didn't vote for him and generally don't like his policies, i'm a little flummoxed that he's sitting in the back row of the classroom, instead of leading the class in discussion. Count me as one of those that thought he at least had some leadership ability (although I acknowledge he has no experience to back up that ability). I figured he'd step up to the plate once elected. I'm not seeing any indication of a true leader so far.

Thus, I am not surprised at the two steps forward, three steps back leadership style on Afghanistan.
When he has rahm emmanuel and david axelrod to lead, why should he do anything? obama is nothing more than a puppet, and nothing less.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:01 AM

429 posts, read 1,116,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
Unless the principles of community organizing are transferable to the battlefield, don't expect brilliance here. The guy has zero military experience.
If we're gonna be honest here, the one thing he has proven to me is that he has little experience in EVERY area he should have as president. Foriegn Policy, Domestic Policy, Economics, Business, I could go on and on and on.

He should have been head of Americorps. That, I see him doing well in. President? I don't know about you, but Obama really really disappointing me right now. And I voted for him.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:37 AM

989 posts, read 2,498,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGrad2009 View Post
If we're gonna be honest here, the one thing he has proven to me is that he has little experience in EVERY area he should have as president. Foriegn Policy, Domestic Policy, Economics, Business, I could go on and on and on.

He should have been head of Americorps. That, I see him doing well in. President? I don't know about you, but Obama really really disappointing me right now. And I voted for him.
He is making policy decisions affecting U.S. business but has not run so much as a lemonade stand.

We were warned of this inexperience but people still fell for the hopey changey double-talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies