Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 05:51 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
That is interesting. Crime is inversely related to income. People in Beverly Hills do not rob convenience stores.

If you have kids on meth, then you have bad parents at work. It does not take a genius to spot a meth user, particulary one that lives in your home.

We live in a "whitetopia" area. Crime is low and the quality of living is excellent. We like all the large urban dwellers to stay just where they are.
well, its all upper income houses with white upper income earners here. well over 90 percent white.

like I said, Ive had my car broke in twice, stealing equipment, have had attempted break ins.

this premise that living in a white area will alleviate you of problems is so false its hilarious if people are dumb enough to believe it. the only good thing about living among all white people would be if you prefer a single identity. still going to have the crime, the personal problems, the drugs, like everywhere else.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:53 PM

403 posts, read 534,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
the idea that white people are pure as comical. whites are as deviant and criminal as anyone out there.

like I said, just look at the drug and family problems in the white communities.

That's not wrong, its human nature.

Running to an all white area though, like i said, wont solve the problem.
its just funny how they get settled in their whitopia but when a BLACK or HISPANIC family moves in, they will break their necks trying pack up their **** & leave as fast as possible.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:02 PM

97 posts, read 116,807 times
Quote:
i live in a whitopia,

the white kids are idiots,

Your part white.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:21 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody woodpecker View Post
Your part white.
i know.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:27 PM

97 posts, read 116,807 times
Quote:
i know.
so do you say your half idiot? since white kids are idiots
Is their alot of racism where you live? does it have a large pop. ?

Old 10-20-2009, 06:51 PM

88,513 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStockton View Post
Ha, love the term "Whitopia".

The concept sounds pretty creepy, however.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:52 PM

88,513 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I've lived in all sorts of neighborhoods and I've found there to be azzholes more than happy to steal from you in each of them.
Crime is colorblind and there is no running from it.
I grew up and spent a good part of my adulthood in a mostly white town. Usually when there was a burglary it was the stringy-haired kid from down the street who'd developed a drug habit.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:56 PM

745 posts, read 1,437,732 times
I am not sure I understand the point here. Many of you seem annoyed by these whites fleeing diverse places. The way you write about them would have me believe you should be THRILLED to have them leave. What is the problem?

Now I live in NYC and the neighborhood is diverse and it is fine. I like it.
But- I have no problem if someone else chooses to live in an area that is not as diverse. Why would you care what someone else is doing? Particularly if this someone else lives far away from you?

Last edited by Mike from back east; 10-20-2009 at 07:47 PM..

Old 10-20-2009, 07:04 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
well, its all upper income houses with white upper income earners here. well over 90 percent white.

like I said, Ive had my car broke in twice, stealing equipment, have had attempted break ins.

this premise that living in a white area will alleviate you of problems is so false its hilarious if people are dumb enough to believe it. the only good thing about living among all white people would be if you prefer a single identity. still going to have the crime, the personal problems, the drugs, like everywhere else.

The most crime that I have encountered personally was when I was living in one of THE most affluent areas of Southern California....Rancho Palos Verdes. I had my car broken into and my condo broken into with in a few months of moving in.

Conversely, I was raised in an affluent, predominantly Black area of Los Angeles, View Park, and never experienced anything of the kind.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:15 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,050,618 times
White flight is irrelevant, it's wealth flight (just happened more people doing it were white at the time). What people would want to be around drugs, crime, terrible schools, and poverty when they can afford to move to safer pastures? Do you really think people there want to be around that stuff? Who wouldn't move to better pastures if they could afford to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies