Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many guns has the Federal Government taken from you?
1 1 2.17%
2-4 0 0%
4-6 0 0%
6-8 0 0%
8-10 1 2.17%
More than 10 guns 5 10.87%
None of my guns have been taken by the Federal Government 39 84.78%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 08:33 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
But it was. In my lifetime brand new machineguns were quite legal for people to buy. In my grandparents' days, no weapon was illegal to own in this country.
So then why didn't you stock up on those machine guns? It's your own fault if you didn't jump on that bandwagon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 08:37 AM

23,844 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
So then why didn't you stock up on those machine guns? It's your own fault if you didn't jump on that bandwagon.
"So why then didn't you stock up on that free speech? It's your own fault if you didn't speak your piece when you had the chance."

They'll never get it, arctic. Guns=Evil, and that's the end of the thought process when it comes to most of these nuts.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:40 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
"So why then didn't you stock up on that free speech? It's your own fault if you didn't speak your piece when you had the chance."

They'll never get it, arctic. Guns=Evil, and that's the end of the thought process when it comes to most of these nuts.
Do you mean peace by chance? Other than that, your post makes no sense.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:59 AM

429 posts, read 1,116,428 times
they haven't taken one so far, but I hope to get my first one when I get a permanent job!

Old 10-21-2009, 09:00 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Geez, I was hoping for some LAW rockets, got some damn pesky gophers around.
And some of those Claymore anti intruder Gnomes

Old 10-21-2009, 09:24 AM

18,355 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I was still a kid in 1986...

Old 10-21-2009, 09:31 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,740,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I was still a kid in 1986...
Any semi-automatic can be converted to fully automatic by simply filing off the lobe in the receiver. Geez, some people will spend over a thousand on an automatic rifle when about five minutes with a file and a semi-automatic will get you the same gun at a mere fraction of the cost. Gunsmithing anyone? Common knowledge is our friend.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:48 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Any semi-automatic can be converted to fully automatic by simply filing off the lobe in the receiver. Geez, some people will spend over a thousand on an automatic rifle when about five minutes with a file and a semi-automatic will get you the same gun at a mere fraction of the cost. Gunsmithing anyone? Common knowledge is our friend.
Your kidding ...right? LMAO, that is a complete fallacy. Conversion to full auto fire is a bit more in depth than a file to the sear. But you could do it in five minutes aye? Oh, you might get full auto fire out of a given firearm by butchering the sear with a file, if you want to try and hang on to the thing when a full mag goes downrange uncontrolled. yep, ignorance is NOT your friend. By the way, what 'lobe' in the receiver are you refering to? What firearm? Tell ya what, I'll send you a 1911 .45, you perform your magical conversion on it, but YOU get to test it OK I'll make popcorn..........

Old 10-21-2009, 10:54 AM

18,355 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
With the ATF getting people in prison because their semi-auto jammed and let off more than one round, don't think so, unless there really is another civil war in the future. And most semi-autos are completely unsafe converted to ful auto.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:43 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPerson09 View Post
I've made it clear that I am talking about guns which people have had in their possession. I have never owned a motorcycle, so it would be a lie if I said the Federal Government took it from me.

So which guns have the Federal Government taken from you? Do you have the receipts so we can be certain you have owned the aforementioned firearms? How much ammunition was confiscated with the guns? When were they taken? I want to help you get your property back so just tell me what they took.
Your point is silly, and your thought process is irrational. If you cannot accept the fact that government regulation has indeed prevented the purchase of a gun, thus nullifying said ownership, then this thread is pointless. Washington DC, for example, prohibited ownership of guns for decades, thus the ownership/guns taken provision of which you are trying to extract is rendered moot.

Furthermore, you're embarrassing yourself by looking like a typical liberal. The recent explosion of gun sales has nothing to do with "government taking your guns from you," but more to do with the perception of a restriction of citizens' rights to purchase such guns.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 10-21-2009 at 12:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies