Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 08:14 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
If you're not religious, why feel the need to insult atheists? Who's the hypocrite here?
What does one have to do with the other.
Are you confused?
How do you know I'm not an atheist?
Apparently it would seem political ideology trumps any other belief system you espouse or you wouldn't pretend to be so offended.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:14 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
I see you have respect for other's beliefs. You receive what you give out.
Excuse me, did you notice her post? I'm simply responding to it, sorry if you have such a problem w/it. And no, I don't respect people whose beliefs cause them to become nasty judgmental insulting people. Refer to one of my earlier posts regarding a conversation w/co-workers if you need a clearer image on my view.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Are you confused?
Apparently it would seem political ideology trumps any other belief system you espouse or you wouldn't pretend to be so offended.
WTF are you even talking about? How does political ideology have ANYTHING to do w/religion? I think you're the confused one here.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:16 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,979 times
Quote:
WTF are you even talking about? How does political ideology have ANYTHING to do w/religion? I think you're the confused one here.
uh huh
Quote:
I wish this were more true.
I see many atheists hypocritically exchanging faith in a deity, with a blind belief that government can fulfill all their needs (healthcare anyone?). This is often done at the expense of others and really just another form of "pushing" an agenda as they so often accuse organized religion of.

Last edited by allydriver; 10-21-2009 at 08:31 AM..

Old 10-21-2009, 08:18 AM

857 posts, read 2,002,524 times
Quote:
I see many atheists hypocritically exchanging faith in a deity, with a blind belief that government can fulfill all their needs (healthcare anyone?). This is often done at the expense of others and really just another form of "pushing" an agenda as they so often accuse organized religion of.

Um. I'm sorry, but i fail to see what atheism has at all to do with healthcare. If anything, I could argue that if you truly beleive the teachings of Jesus, you should be backing a program that is going to provide care for every single american, no matter their financial situation.

And if i'm to take your quote literally - yes, I'd choose to put blind belief in a government, however inefficient, made up of policies and people and money, rather than a 'man in the sky'.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:19 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times
Quote:
Excuse me, did you notice her post? I'm simply responding to it, sorry if you have such a problem w/it. And no, I don't respect people whose beliefs cause them to become nasty judgmental insulting people. Refer to one of my earlier posts regarding a conversation w/co-workers if you need a clearer image on my view.
Maybe you had overbearing religious parents or family members. But that is no reason to be angry at anyone who has faith in a higher power.

Just as there is no reason for people of faith to look down upon you as a person or insult you.

Both sides have to eliminate sensitivity.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Your original post
Quote:
Are you confused?
So now you're an atheist? So you insulted yourself just to get your point across about yourself? That's just...weird.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:21 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
Atheist ads to adorn New York subway stations - CNN.com

Maybe this country has some hope after all...

excuse me???

SEPERATION of church and state

ATHEISM IS A RELIGION

Old 10-21-2009, 08:21 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
Um. I'm sorry, but i fail to see what atheism has at all to do with healthcare. If anything, I could argue that if you truly beleive the teachings of Jesus, you should be backing a program that is going to provide care for every single american, no matter their financial situation.

And if i'm to take your quote literally - yes, I'd choose to put blind belief in a government, however inefficient, made up of policies and people and money, rather than a 'man in the sky'.
See when atheists say things such as "man in the sky" it just makes me believe you do not have an understanding of faith.

I can understand those who maybe were forced into religion as kids and then later rejected it. At least they have studied and learned about faith but then decided it was not for them.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:24 AM

429 posts, read 1,116,618 times
I wouldn't care if NYC had BIG VAST ads of Christian references on subways anymore than they would have HUGE VAST atheist signs on billboards. America is very diverse and people should accept that every group has a right to be acknowledged, especially in such a diverse city such as New York City.

So long as the ads towards any particular group isn't stereotypical or bigoted, who really cares? People are getting far too sensitive nowadays. And I'm an athesit myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies