Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 01:38 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,487,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
90% of US debt was incurred under last 4 Republic presidents.

Rightists hate everything and everybody, its the basis of their lives. but with all that massive hate there is NOTHING they hate as much as reality.

Like Vampires they die in the light.

Those 4 Prez followed trademark Dem policies...

Your point is misleading,
"tax & spend "was created by the Dems
& the Reps followed with "Reduce taxes,increase spending "...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 01:56 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,471,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
The harder I work the more I pay in taxes. Not going down that road anymore.
That's always been true. Why did you start working to begin with? Since nothing has changed, what changed your mind?

Old 10-25-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
Yes - on income tax revenues generated from falsified profit and loss statements that ran rampant in the 1990s (Billary) and didn't get called out until after Bush took office. It was a fradulent surplus generated by the Clinton Adminstration's apathy/incompetence.
This would be an example of a fairy tale. Some people just can't face up to the fact that by and large, America did very well under Bill Clinton. Especially by comparison to what came before and after...

Old 10-25-2009, 02:14 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Fallacious? Why do you think that Clinton rammed through NAFTA? He and the dems wanted an exportation of jobs to kill the middle class. What percentage of people with good incomes and a high standard of living are democrats? The democrats traditionally have catered to a dependent society which relies upon the "bread and circuses" that the democrats offer. They do not want prosperity, as it would kill their party. This is why the dems are for illegal immigration- it is an effort to keep a poor, dependent population such that they can remain in power.
It wasn't/isn't a Partisan thing, it is a class thing. Corporations stood to benefit from open trade within all the America's. Mexico is a large oil producing nation and not as destitute as you might imagine but because of the appalling income distribution, poor economic refugee's are now flooding this country. Clinton did not forsee all of that. Hillary admitted as much. Obama is as much at the behest of Corporations as Clinton was, as Bush was. When the majority of casualties of the unhealthy income distribution in the U.S. were African Americans there wasn't too much outcry from your camp. Blacks now, however, are all but gone from the economic picture of the U.S. Any further gains in the upper classes are going to come at the expense of the middle class. Now you are upset and blaming Obama, the scapegoat President. Blaming Democrats. Why would Obama and other Democratic leaders want all their constituents out of work and out of commision economically? Obama is trying to stop or reduce the uncontrolled expansion of the financial sector at the expense of the middle class. Can you not see that? He is up against Old Money that goes back hundreds of years. I can't imagine the kind of cojones it takes to take the high road against a bloc (sic) of cartels with enough trillions under their control to alter the destinies of billions of individuals. I wish him well. You would be wise to do the same. Truly, this is all beyond one Democrat or Independent but a Democrat is at least better than a Republican. A Republican would have had the unemployment at 20% already, health care reform wouldn't even be on the table. Iran would be invaded, neccessitating a draft, The minimum wage would be rolled back to $5.75/hr and illegals would have amnesty and drivers licenses. Maybe there wouldn't even be City Data to get your rant on, on. Civilian use of the Internet would likely be curtailed while a very unpopular U.S. attempts to resurrect its slipping prominence by slinging weaponry all over the Muslim world. The rich don't want to hurt you or me, they just don't give a __________ about you or I and only give a _____________ about the bottom line. IMO its worse that they don't care. The malignant ill will of educated, rich people may hurt, but rarely kills. Their carelessnes, or wonton disregard for anything other than themselves, that could get deadly.

H

Old 10-25-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
What percentage of people with good incomes and a high standard of living are democrats?
LOL. An ever-increasing number. Which is one of the reasons why that stupid other party is...
D-O-O-M-E-D!!!

Quote:
They do not want prosperity, as it would kill their party. This is why the dems are for illegal immigration- it is an effort to keep a poor, dependent population such that they can remain in power.
Your insights are truly astonishing. I'll leave it at that...

Old 10-25-2009, 02:34 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
you know this thread is funny and blaming Obama for our massive debt is hilarious. Ever since I was born the US has been in debt and in my lifetime we have had two balanced budgets in 1969 and 2000.
We keep borrowing to sustain our lifestyle and a massive military that eats away nearly half our yearly budget.
I have nothing against the military but why is it so huge? While other industralized nations focus on entitlement programs we seem to be pre occupied with defense spending at all costs.
Why all of a sudden is the debt a concern when Obama became President? I didn't hear the screams when Bush was spending billions a month for his wars in IRAQ and Afghanistan but now that Obama wants to spend money to insure healthcare for Americans it is wasteful spending!
Bottom line is if you don't want debt you are going to have to increase taxes but Americans don't want higher taxes. Do you actually think a Republican President would reign in our debt considering the massive spending the GOP did under Bush that even made liberals blush?

Old 10-25-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
Oh, well that explains a lot. Good, honest Republicans, but once they got elected, they turned into Democrats, and that's why they screwed things up so much. So, based on that trend, who was the last Republican that didn't turn into a Democrat? Was it Calvin Coolidge? These days, it seems you might as well just go ahead and elect a Democrat. Since Republicans are going to turn into one anyway, why bother shilly-shallying around...

Old 10-25-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
you know this thread is funny and blaming Obama for our massive debt is hilarious. Ever since I was born the US has been in debt and in my lifetime we have had two balanced budgets in 1969 and 2000.
You forgot 1998, 1999, and 2001. Otherwise yes, the US has just been piling up the debt since 1836. We'd gotten it down to $38 thousand that year from the $75 million we started at in 1791, but it's just been going up since then.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:46 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
No see, they blame Clinton for 911 (Blame America first crowd), while also claiming Bush kept us safe since 911.

See how that works?

And the strange thing is that the same argument keeps resurfacing...as if it's a valid point.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:02 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,803,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post

Your point is misleading,
"tax & spend "was created by the Dems
& the Reps followed with "Reduce taxes,increase spending "...
Out and Out lie, like all rightists totally delusional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies