Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should marijuana be legalized?
Yes 104 89.66%
No 12 10.34%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 05:14 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What I find stupid and ignorant is that some people actually think that introducing another problem to society (marijuana) would be "good."
You keep saying "introducing" marijuana...it's already here! There are approx. 30,000,000 regular marijuana users in this country...it's already been introduced. All you're pushing for is the continued dominance of the murderous cartels over the marijuana trade.

Have you EVER read a history book? Don't you know ANYTHING about how much of a failure Alcohol prohibition was? Don't you know anything about how it led to crime? Don't you know anything about how when alcohol was legalized again that it brought BILLIONS to the economy? Don't you understand that legalization of marijuana will not increase marijuana usage by any significant amount while it will bring Billions in taxes and JOBS to the economy?

It's just stunning that someone can be so far from logic...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 05:16 PM

98 posts, read 99,652 times
I was too late to vote, but I believe it should be legalized.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:26 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,712,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Not any more silly than your trying to equate marijuana use to cocaine use. In fact, I guarantee that more cocaine users did all of those things than smoked marijuana. So how is it any worse than the MORONIC gateway theory?

I'm just responding to your illogical suggestion that marijuana leads to anything other than an increased appetite and sense of humor.

You can also say that all murders are committed by people with X chromosomes, so the X chromosome leads to murder. It's just as much of a leap in logic as saying that smoking pot somehow leads to cocaine (or other drug) use. In fact, more Heroin addicts start because of an addiction to Rx drugs like Oxycontin and Morphine after becoming addicted LEGALLY to the effects of those drugs which are given to them by doctors and medical staff.

Diacetylmorphine (better known as heroin) was synthesized from morphine in 1874 and brought to market by Bayer in 1898.
Yep, and the average amphetemine user doesn't like pot and vice versa, because their effects don't resemble each other in the least. Different strokes, etc. The word "drugs" is a silly blanket term, grouping substances that have very little to do with each other, beyond being illegal.

People like the people we're responding to won't rest until we all get lobotomies. They want us to be like them, and unfortunately they're in control of the law, for now.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:29 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,712,299 times
Quote:
You keep saying "introducing" marijuana...it's already here! There are approx. 30,000,000 regular marijuana users in this country...it's already been introduced. All you're pushing for is the continued dominance of the murderous cartels over the marijuana trade.

Have you EVER read a history book? Don't you know ANYTHING about how much of a failure Alcohol prohibition was? Don't you know anything about how it led to crime? Don't you know anything about how when alcohol was legalized again that it brought BILLIONS to the economy? Don't you understand that legalization of marijuana will not increase marijuana usage by any significant amount while it will bring Billions in taxes and JOBS to the economy?

Chinese medical texts show that marijuana was a part of their pharmacopeia at one time, and in fact until relatively recently. Oh, and these medical texts are several thousand years old. "Fleet" is too ignorant to realize that far more problems are caused by prohibition than are caused by whatever substances are being prohibited at the time. They probably don't realize that most drugs were legal at the beginning of the 20th century. There are so many things that the "Fleet"s of the world don't understand, and the results are there for all to see.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:30 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
The stupidy and sheer ignorance displayed on this forum makes my blood boil sometimes. If anybody truly believes in the criminalization of a nontoxic plant (or anything else free-thinking humans might choose to put in their bodies for that matter), I invite you to move to fascist Iran.
Yeah, I wonder if they put people to death in Iran who are caught with marijuana?

Old 10-26-2009, 05:32 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
104 - 12. In favor of.

And one of the most vocal holdout's on this thread is also a proud FOX News watcher.

I'd say this argument is over. Mr. Holder, are you paying attention?

Old 10-26-2009, 05:37 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I am also right when I say any kind of endorsement or acceptance of marijuana (along with cocaine) sets a very bad example for children.
So what are kids gonna think when they hear that narcs estimate they ony seize 10% of the illegal drug supply? I think a lot of them will think they've must have been lied to all along about how bad drugs are because if drugs were really all that bad then government would be do a lot better job of eliminating them from society.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:44 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottasay View Post
Marijuana should stay illegal.

Marijuana has been linked via various legitimate scientific studies to schizophrenia (and don't tell me the studies are all part of a vast gov't conspiracy cuz they I know ya'll are smoking something): Schizophrenia.com - Marijuana Cannabis and Schizophrenia Those who have a family history of schizophrenia may be particularly succeptible -- it has a way of unleashing schizophrenia in the brain.

Some symptoms of schizophrenia include (note, don't just get your info. from movies, there are other symptoms you may not be aware of):
Schizophrenia Symptoms

Marijuana is now believed to damage DNA and cause cancer -- hmmmph! so much for its medicinal properties. Marijuana Damages DNA And May Cause Cancer, New Test Reveals

Marijuana is a gateway drug. Just look at Phillip Garrido's rap sheet. Started out early with marijuana, then LSD, then raping a woman, abduction and rape of a child, etc. etc. Did you know he heard "voices" in his head up until the time of his arrest? Sound familiar? Can we say schizophrenia?
OMG! Not all schizophrenics smoked pot!

What does ALCOHOL do to your liver?

Old 10-26-2009, 05:50 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,205 times
Quote:

Some folks don't process or analyze information very well; they just repeat what they're told to believe and believe what they repeat.......amazing, isn't it!

Old 10-26-2009, 05:50 PM

79 posts, read 170,801 times
When Marijuana gets legalized I am going to get a note/prescription from the doctor that says I can use Marijuana to aide my medical condition. When I am put on it by a doctor and the law says it is now legal, yes I will take a little hit in the morning before I go to my classroom. If it's legal and prescribed by a doctor I can use it and work on my job and my doctor is going to say "yes she can perform her duties, because she is taking this "natural herbal" legal substance for pain"....... Alcohol is legal too, but, a doctor is not going to sign for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies