Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should marijuana be legalized?
Yes 104 89.66%
No 12 10.34%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 07:51 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,561,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
I wouldn't know.

Of course, I've read that if you smoke too much, it can give you a headache.
Wow, then one needs to smoke like a whole bag for that to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 07:52 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,561,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
It has its benefits and, as karfar correctly noted, doesn't lead to the violent nausea and headache following a drinking bout. Unless, of course, one has combined the two to excess.
Yes, now THIS will cause a hangover the next day. Of course, I attribute that to the fact that one can drink many many beers if they choose to drink while smoking.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:01 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,711,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Yes, now THIS will cause a hangover the next day. Of course, I attribute that to the fact that one can drink many many beers if they choose to drink while smoking.
From what I understand, one can drink while smoking, but smoking while drinking will cause violent projectile vomiting. I've heard.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:59 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,952,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
NOT so true.
Sadly, from personal experience I can attest that if one chooses to drink alcohol AND smoke marijuana, the combination will likely result in one of two outcomes and they both depend on WHICH substance the person chose to partake with FIRST.

IF.....one were to say, smoke a joint and THEN start drinking, that person is generally, far more likely to consume much LESS alcohol, mainly due to the overall, sedating effects that set in rather quickly, after one smokes pot. It can be really easy to smoke a joint and LOSE interest in consuming much, if any alcohol AFTERWARDS.

BUT......if one started drinking beer or whatever and has reached some level of intoxication and THEN smokes some good pot.......WATCH OUT!
A person who is at any higher level of a BAC reading that clearly shows that person to be legally drunk......will often end up puking pretty quickly after smoking some good marijuana because pot ADDS some spin to the spin associated with alcohol intoxication.

The ones who can drink and drink and drink.....and really NOT seem to get intoxicated from mass-consumption of booze, are the tweakers.
The ones all wired out on meth or coke. Alcohol has a really hard time showing ITS effects on those who are so stimulated their brains are racing a million miles a minute and LOTS of alcohol just can't seem to remotely phase someone who's tweakin out of their mind.

Marijuana used EXCLUSIVELY to temporarily and slightly alter ones consciousness.......is about as SAFE as it gets, with the exception of those who don't use anything at all and choose to remain sober/straight.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:39 AM

2,420 posts, read 4,711,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
NOT so true.
Sadly, from personal experience I can attest that if one chooses to drink alcohol AND smoke marijuana, the combination will likely result in one of two outcomes and they both depend on WHICH substance the person chose to partake with FIRST.

IF.....one were to say, smoke a joint and THEN start drinking, that person is generally, far more likely to consume much LESS alcohol, mainly due to the overall, sedating effects that set in rather quickly, after one smokes pot. It can be really easy to smoke a joint and LOSE interest in consuming much, if any alcohol AFTERWARDS.

BUT......if one started drinking beer or whatever and has reached some level of intoxication and THEN smokes some good pot.......WATCH OUT!
A person who is at any higher level of a BAC reading that clearly shows that person to be legally drunk......will often end up puking pretty quickly after smoking some good marijuana because pot ADDS some spin to the spin associated with alcohol intoxication.

The ones who can drink and drink and drink.....and really NOT seem to get intoxicated from mass-consumption of booze, are the tweakers.
The ones all wired out on meth or coke. Alcohol has a really hard time showing ITS effects on those who are so stimulated their brains are racing a million miles a minute and LOTS of alcohol just can't seem to remotely phase someone who's tweakin out of their mind.

Marijuana used EXCLUSIVELY to temporarily and slightly alter ones consciousness.......is about as SAFE as it gets, with the exception of those who don't use anything at all and choose to remain sober/straight.
That's pretty much what I meant by my post above yours. Drinking after smoking: OK. Smoking after drinking: look out.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:50 AM

395 posts, read 510,645 times
I wish somebody would let us be a democracy and have everybody vote on this issue.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:53 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
Too many people are making too much money off pot prohibition to ever let the stuff be legalized.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:13 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Too many people are making too much money off pot prohibition to ever let the stuff be legalized.
Do they lobby Congress?

Old 11-03-2009, 01:45 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,379,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Do they lobby Congress?
Yes,

Alcohol companies, Tobacco companies, and Drug manurfacturers all lobby congress to keep Marijuana illegal.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:48 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Yes,

Alcohol companies, Tobacco companies, and Drug manurfacturers all lobby congress to keep Marijuana illegal.
Oh, yeah!

I forgot about the obvious.

I was wondering if the pot growers and dealers were lobbying.

And the importers.

Last edited by ergohead; 11-03-2009 at 02:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies