U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-21-2009, 11:25 AM
 
Location: Planet Eaarth
8,955 posts, read 17,693,769 times
Reputation: 7193

Advertisements

"George HW Bush gets a free pass for attacks without evidence, meanwhile his CIA ties remain largely ignored and his son's lies about Iraq remain unprosecuted."

Media Enabled Bush 1's Savage Attacks on Maddow and Olbermann, Yet Continue to Ignore Bush Family's Sordid Past | Politics | AlterNet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-21-2009, 11:32 AM
obo
 
926 posts, read 864,736 times
Reputation: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
"George HW Bush gets a free pass for attacks without evidence, meanwhile his CIA ties remain largely ignored and his son's lies about Iraq remain unprosecuted."

Media Enabled Bush 1's Savage Attacks on Maddow and Olbermann, Yet Continue to Ignore Bush Family's Sordid Past | Politics | AlterNet
What's your point here? There is none. Where's the facts to backup your point if you do indeed have one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 11:34 AM
 
16,272 posts, read 9,107,040 times
Reputation: 6548
dumb thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 05:04 PM
 
Location: Midwest
31,359 posts, read 19,608,770 times
Reputation: 7859
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
What's your point here? There is none. Where's the facts to backup your point if you do indeed have one.
I think the point is: Right Wingers are all up in arms because Obama spoke out against Fox News. However, when Bush criticizes the liberal media, that is perfectly acceptable. Don't you see a discrepancy with that?

A quote from the OP's provided link:

Quote:
The kerfuffle began last Friday, when CBS ran a story on its website about George H.W. Bush criticizing MSNBC hosts Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow for edgy rhetoric and name-calling, in which he then … called them names -- specifically, “sick puppies.”

"The way they treat my son and anyone who's opposed to their point of view is just horrible," Mr. Bush said. "When our son was president they just hammered him mercilessly and I think obscenely a lot of the time and now it's moved to a new president," he added.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 06:38 PM
 
Location: Planet Eaarth
8,955 posts, read 17,693,769 times
Reputation: 7193
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
What's your point here? There is none. Where's the facts to backup your point if you do indeed have one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
dumb thread
My point is.......
Where is the fairness in giving a Bush a free pass when their own closet is full of really treasonous behaviors way back in the Bush family?

If it dumb and you comment what does that make you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 06:54 PM
 
Location: Reading, PA
4,059 posts, read 3,888,033 times
Reputation: 839
I think it's a good point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 07:01 PM
 
Location: Alvarado, TX
2,914 posts, read 4,252,258 times
Reputation: 794
silence is a virtue, but not an admission
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 07:36 PM
 
Location: North Beach, MD on the Chesapeake
33,875 posts, read 42,085,992 times
Reputation: 43276
Calling someone a sick puppy is a savage attack?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 07:41 PM
 
Location: Illinois Delta
5,763 posts, read 4,352,929 times
Reputation: 2060
Seems the family history is better known abroad...maybe because the OP is right.

How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power | World news | The Guardian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 07:44 PM
 
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, Calif.
22,381 posts, read 27,564,862 times
Reputation: 6540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
"George HW Bush gets a free pass for attacks without evidence, meanwhile his CIA ties remain largely ignored and his son's lies about Iraq remain unprosecuted."

Media Enabled Bush 1's Savage Attacks on Maddow and Olbermann, Yet Continue to Ignore Bush Family's Sordid Past | Politics | AlterNet
One problem with your post... his son didn't lie about Iraq.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top