Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 04:39 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,024,434 times

Advertisements

Old 12-02-2011, 04:48 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,730 times
The Tea Party movement picks up its trash.

The Tea Party movement doesn't poop on police cars.

The Tea Party movement believes in personal liberty.

The Tea Party movement respects property rights.

The Tea Party movement is against bailouts of corporations by Congress using money borrowed from China.

The Tea Party movement loves the U.S. Constitution.

The Tea Party movement doesn't care about race.

The Tea Party movement doesn't care about your income or level of education.

The Tea Party movement doesn't impede traffic with marches.

The Tea Party movement doesn't break shop windows.

The Tea Party movement doesn't shut down small businesses to protest large businesses.

The Tea Party movement doesn't ban homeless people from feeding at its rallies.

The Tea Party movement doesn't divide people into neat little economic groups in order to divide the people.

Old 12-02-2011, 04:51 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Interesting graph.Other differences between the two?=
If i were a boss and was looking for a dedicated employee, would i choose a whiny keyboard commando who sits on his fat butt all day and complains on political forums(On my dime) about everything and does little to nothing to make things better ,
or would i hire a real go getter ,the type of person who is young and full of energy and new ideas, would sacrifice personal comfort and sleep out in a tent for a month or more to bring light to a cause?
Think i'd hire the latter

Old 12-02-2011, 05:25 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,343,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Interesting graph.Other differences between the two?=
If i were a boss and was looking for a dedicated employee, would i choose a whiny keyboard commando who sits on his fat butt all day and complains on political forums(On my dime) about everything and does little to nothing to make things better ,
or would i hire a real go getter ,the type of person who is young and full of energy and new ideas, would sacrifice personal comfort and sleep out in a tent for a month or more to bring light to a cause?
Think i'd hire the latter

LMMFAO- thanks for this look inside the pathetic liberal mindset.

"I'd rather hire someone who protests because they want their student loans forgiven and they're upset because other people have more than them."

BTW: I wonder how many occupeeons will list their participation in the bowel movement on their resumes along with their degree in drama?

Old 12-02-2011, 05:28 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,622,029 times
interesting graph. i am increasingly beginning to see the world along the lines of:

-Republican Baby boomers who benefitted from the housing boom, and bailouts.

-Everyone else

Old 12-02-2011, 05:28 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,513,062 times
Trash
An unfortunate reality. Fair point.

Defacation
An unfortunate occurrence, quite possibly fringe element. Fair point.

Personal liberty
Exactly what OWS desires. Moot point.

Property rights
Gray area. Constitution does not qualify. Government takeover by eminent domain? Weak point.

Corporate Welfare
OWS wants this stopped. United point.

US Constitution
OWS is demanding recognition of 1st. Amendment and "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. United point.

Race
OWS is made up of all races, creeds, and religions. United point.

Income/Education
OWS welcomes all income levels and educational accomplishments. United point.

Marches impeding traffic
All peaceful protests throughout history have used this tactic. Inconvenient yes, but effective. Sometimes the cure can be worse than the ill.

Property vandalism
OWS does not advocate nor encourage this behavior. Fringe elements and rogue operatives. Invalid point.

Business stoppage
A consequential but unavoidable result of a large protest mass. Moot point.

Banning homeless
I have heard this but question its veracity. For all intent and purposes, all OWS participants are homeless therefore how does one differentiate one from another? Unsubstantiated point.

Economic division
OWS does group the 99 and the 1%. Does not the Tea Party practice the same? Glass house point.

I have heard this but wonder

Last edited by sundrop; 12-02-2011 at 05:31 AM.. Reason: Orphan sentence

Old 12-02-2011, 05:32 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
LOL @ more educated...

Nice blanket statement...

How many of the 70% of teap partiers that didn't go to college became successful entrepreneurs??

How many of the "educated" OWS'ers that have passed that false barrier that education is into the workforce with useless "sociology" or "psychology" degrees??

Old 12-02-2011, 06:17 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Number of people arrested at Tea Party rallies compared to OWS protests... yeah not gonna see those numbers in here will we?

Number of people raped at Tea Party events compared to OWS protests...

Where are those numbers?

Old 12-02-2011, 06:18 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
What's the source for this graph? I am trying to figure out how these stats could even be collected. Based on what sample size, etc?

Old 12-02-2011, 06:20 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Property vandalism
OWS does not advocate nor encourage this behavior. Fringe elements and rogue operatives. Invalid point.

Business stoppage
A consequential but unavoidable result of a large protest mass. Moot point.
The OWS does indeed advocate and encourage this behavior of vandalizing property. Completely valid point.

Business stoppage like shutting down the port of LA was an openly stated goal, that wasn't an accident or byproduct of a protest. It was completely avoidable, don't start a protest with the goal of shutting down the port and it probably won't happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies