Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 09:13 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times

Advertisements

At the end of the day we will see that there are a lot of similarities between the first black president and Clinton in 1994!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 09:25 PM

722 posts, read 1,109,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
At the end of the day we will see that there are a lot of similarities between the first black president and Clinton in 1994!
Why are you so focused on him being the first black president. I think even the liberals got over that fact faster.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:33 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decembergirl View Post
Why are you so focused on him being the first black president. I think even the liberals got over that fact faster.
Let us never forget, remember the tears of joy, the whole world would now be a better place, bla bla bla ..............fact of the matter is, that was why a huge percentage of people voted for him was his skin color and they are also the same people that will scream RACIST!!!!!!! at anyone who dare disagree with his politics!

Old 10-25-2009, 09:50 AM

722 posts, read 1,109,181 times
Quote:
Let us never forget, remember the tears of joy, the whole world would now be a better place, bla bla bla ..............fact of the matter is, that was why a huge percentage of people voted for him was his skin color and they are also the same people that will scream RACIST!!!!!!! at anyone who dare disagree with his politics!
And a huge percentage voted against him because of his skin color. I would say without looking anything up that it probably evened out. So to me it becomes a moot point, unless you really care about those things.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:56 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
good post, the bottom line the person in the oval office is not the one making the decisions.
and somehow DOD AMA and AIG are very quiet.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:13 PM

2 posts, read 1,008 times
tch poor men always criticized in office. lets face it! we are not all perfect. infact i bet they are nice men who try to work things out. lets see how anyone who runs for pres wont be criticized. they all do. I would like to see someone try to even run for pres and then tell us how "easy" it was to change america.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:15 PM

2 posts, read 1,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decembergirl View Post
agreed.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:35 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelle3 View Post
The only president I have liked since I was old enough to vote has been Reagan. I didn't like the Carter, Bush, Clinton, Bush II, and Lord knows I don't like obama.
They are all alike in so many ways.
SouthernBelle3 !!! ...

Indeed President Reagan was absolutely "Head & Shoulders" above the blithering "Old Promise Me Anything For Your Vote" procession of mediocre & muddleheaded "Career Politicians" which have inhabited America's House since those extraordinary days of the "Gipper" !!!

SouthernBelle3 .... Well Said !

Thanks / Not So Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 11-02-2010, 12:27 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
Quote:
The Obama-Bush Connection | Newsweek Newsweek - Top of the Week by Jon Meacham | Newsweek.com this may disgust all those dreamy eyed fans of the first black president who though W was the reason for all that is wrong with this country.
For what its worth, I thought it was a decent piece but it may be because it is a notion I've asserted since before the election. I personally think Obama is one of our more intelligent and strategic Presidents but his largest failing I feel is oddly enough, his inability to communicate his penchant towards an academic view to that of average peoples day to day views.

The biggest similarity between Obama and G W Bush is the shock and awe of what actually being a President entails from a pragmatic view. I suspect Obama settled in and realized this job is far removed from idealism. On the other hand I get the feeling that George Bush sat in the chair on day two and said... dang this President'n is haaard, is this what I won?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Kennedy may have recognized the folly of 'Nam but did not have the power to withdraw our advisors and then stay the hell out. The French Empire lost Vietnam to the Japanese during WW2. I have never figured out why we were trying to get it back for them.

The parallels are Iraq and Afghanistan. Obama does not have or does not choose to exercise the power to withdraw our troops from these Imperial outposts. We, except for the businesses on the military teat, do not have any gain to be made by staying there. Why are we trying to recover the remnants of the British Empire a century later? Waste of time, money and troops.

Obama needs to concentrate on restoring our economy and providing medical security for all Americans instead of squandering money on wasting rag heads without reason.

Yeah, you and I are on the same page with this one. While I'll remain critical of Obama because of his continuation of our current foreign policy, if he does in fact manage to get all the troops out of Iraq by the end of next year and start to draw down troops from Afghanistan as promised, then I'll cut him a little slack. However I doubt either of those things will be achieved, I only hope I'm wrong. The military establishment is quite possibly the only force on equal to that of lobbyist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies