Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2009, 01:05 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,850,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Yes, we agree that the free market failed.
You want us to simply suffer through a depression.

I want government to do what they can to lessen our economic pain, which they are doing despite your inability to understand it.
You want GOVERNMENT to lessen our pain? What have they done to lessen our economic pain? Seriously, have you looked around?

Btw, I think its extremely selfish of you to be more concerned about your than the pain your children will have to endure due to the current failed economic policies..

Typical liberal.. its all about ME!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
No, it is not putting it off.
What exactly are you referring to? PGH's crazy theories?

Or are you referring to the potential up to 0.3% GDP decrease 10 years down the road (in comparison to greater than 9% potential increase now)?

9% is much greater than 0.3%
Wait, you just admitted that people need more jobs, you dont think thats pain?

As for the imaginary 9% increase in GDP figure, its completely bogus, if they couldnt get the unemployment figures right, what in gods earth makes you think the GDP figures are accurate?

Old 10-22-2009, 01:07 PM

20,393 posts, read 12,287,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Please do tell us the great plans the GOP has to better the country other than sitting on its collective ass and whining about Obama.
myth myth myth.

the GOP is not doing what you suggest. but you cannot be convinced of that because you want to believe that spending money you dont have and borrowing from China until we owe them more than we can pay them will somehow magically get us out of hot water.

you believe the junk.

now tell me that you have borrowed money and spent so much that you became wealthy and didnt owe anyone.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:07 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,894,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You want GOVERNMENT to lessen our pain? What have they done to lessen our economic pain? Seriously, have you looked around?

Btw, I think its extremely selfish of you to be more concerned about your than the pain your children will have to endure due to the current failed economic policies..

Typical liberal.. its all about ME!!!
you are more worried about the 0.3% decrease 10 years from now than
the 9% increase in the short term.

Typical PGH logic.

Haha, I just put logic in the same sentence with your name.
Bet that's never happened before.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
you are more worried about the 0.3% decrease 10 years from now than
the 9% increase in the short term.
Quote:
As for the imaginary 9% increase in GDP figure, its completely bogus, if they couldnt get the unemployment figures right, what in gods earth makes you think the GDP figures are accurate?
And yes, I'm always concerned about the problems down the road, maybe thats the difference between liberals and conservatives, liberals worry about today, conservatives are worried about 10+ years down the road and plan for the future.

I can guarantee you, you'll be one of those moaning about how bad the economy is in 10 years because a decrease = a recession. Yeah, get us out of this one and put us back into another one down the road. Thats the cure...Please, give it a break..

Old 10-22-2009, 01:15 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,032,285 times
Quote:
No, it is not putting it off.
What exactly are you referring to? PGH's crazy theories?

Or are you referring to the potential up to 0.3% GDP decrease 10 years down the road (in comparison to greater than 9% potential increase now)?

9% is much greater than 0.3%
Where are you getting this potential 9% increase from?

Old 10-22-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
And yes, I'm always concerned about the problems down the road, maybe thats the difference between liberals and conservatives, liberals worry about today, conservatives are worried about 10+ years down the road and plan for the future.
That's freaking awesome, lol.
The "Drill Now", crowd thinks its more concerned about the future than the party that seeks to actually do something about protecting the future.

You probably also think doing nothing about health care is better than passing reform.

And that deficit spending is great when there's a republican in the WH.
That makes so much sense PGH, lol.
I encourage you to do a little reading about the last 8 years, because you don't seem to know anything about it despite supposedly living through that time period.

Quote:
I can guarantee you, you'll be one of those moaning about how bad the economy is in 10 years because a decrease = a recession. Yeah, get us out of this one and put us back into another one down the road. Thats the cure...Please, give it a break..
You might want to look up what the average GDP growth is year to year.
And when you find that you'll notice its larger than 0.3%, hence that tiny decrease will not lead to a recession.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Where are you getting this potential 9% increase from?
CBO's reports.
If you read this thread its been talked about.
PGH compounded the number for me earlier, and its over 9%.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:25 PM

29,934 posts, read 18,495,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Please do tell us the great plans the GOP has to better the country other than sitting on its collective ass and whining about Obama.

Yes-

1. Cap the annual budget to 75% of previous year's revenue to reduce the debt

2. Cut all social programs by 50% currently, with the exception of benefits for vets and military personnel

3. Finally approve line item veto on bills

4. Eliminate lobbyists

5. Make ear marks illegal

6. If #1 is not met for that year, the senate and congress loses thier position and a new election is held for those seats, much like forming a new parlimentary government. When thier jobs are on the line, they will do it.

7. Close all overseas military bases, with the exception of a single naval, army, and air force bases in each of three strategic theaters.

8. Make english the official language of the US

9. Deport all illegals

10. Deny education or health care to non-citizens, as well as any state or federal benefits

11. Get Obama out of office (what will he do when George Soros dies anyway?)

Old 10-22-2009, 01:28 PM

29,934 posts, read 18,495,435 times
You probably also think doing nothing about health care is better than passing reform..[/quote]

There is a pervasive saying in medicine-

"Don't just do something, stand there"

When one does not have THE solution, do not act simply for the sake of doing something. Poor action can create more damage than no action at all (see the "stimulus" plan).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies