Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Glen Beck Nuts?
Yes 123 32.80%
No 252 67.20%
Voters: 375. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 11:20 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,818,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
It's a 2 way street now. I complain about beck, and you complain about President Obama.
Sure I complain about Obama and his polices. I just don't go around saying that Obama is a crackhead, drunkard and needs to be in a mentally ill hospital.

Let's agree to leave those kind of comments on the playground, OK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 11:21 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
ANYONE who even suggests that Beck should be taken off the air, is clearly someone who is SCARED and AFRAID that Beck is maybe, just maybe, telling the truth - and that people are listening.

Also, and IMO, those that suggest his voice be muted are Un-American. Americans don't stifle speech - they ENCOURAGE speech - even the speech they do not like.

That's Right Beck has a Constitutional Right to be Stupid. Perhaps a warning label would be nice for people who think it's for real

Old 10-22-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Should he be taken off the air? No. The First Amendment - freedom of speech and freedom of the press is our right. Is he nuts? Yes.
Saying Beck is nuts, is that your medical opinion?

What exactly is your agenda here? First you start a thread asking everyone if Beck is nuts. Then you go back and forth with your posts, then finally you answer the question for yourself.

Why even ask it? Is it only to rile the people who watch the show?

My magical 8 ball says: Definitely Yes.

BTW, if you read the poll YOU started, so far its a 2 to 1 majority that Beck is NOT nuts....yet you still say he is.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Sure I complain about Obama and his polices. I just don't go around saying that Obama is a crackhead, drunkard and needs to be in a mentally ill hospital.

Let's agree to leave those kind of comments on the playground, OK?
can't rep you, but of course I have been saying the same: name calling, is at the level of about a third grader, so when I see this, I know the mentality of the person who says it...

Nita

Old 10-22-2009, 12:19 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
can't rep you, but of course I have been saying the same: name calling, is at the level of about a third grader, so when I see this, I know the mentality of the person who says it...

Nita
Well then, you must be equally disgusted by the people who are calling the Preident a nazi, usurper, communist, boy, village idiot, and so forth, which would mean, that those who are doing it equally have a 3rd. grade education, correct?

And, let me add this: Beck himself called President Obama a racist, do you now agree with that statement?

Old 10-22-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Well then, you must be equally disgusted by the people who are calling the Preident a nazi, usurper, communist, boy, village idiot, and so forth, which would mean, that those who are doing it equally have a 3rd. grade education, correct?

And, let me add this: Beck himself called President Obama a racist, do you now agree with that statement?
It's pretty obvious from nmita's post that she is above the playground name calling...you quoted what she said in your own post!

Old 10-22-2009, 12:38 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,256 times
Wasn't sure how to interpret the question. The title thread asked, "Should Glen Beck be taken off the air?" While the poll asked, "Is Glen Beck nuts?".

I answered no, because I don't think he should be "taken" off of the air. I don't believe in any form of censorship whatsoever. That is a line of reasoning that only a tyrant could embrace.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:40 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
That's Right Beck has a Constitutional Right to be Stupid.
Let's be clear - it is merely your OPINION that Beck is "stupid". There are millions that would disagree with your opinion - with an opinion of their own - that he is brilliant and honest.

What makes YOUR opinion correct and their opinion wrong?

Old 10-22-2009, 12:57 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
I don't like the guy, and I don't agree with much he says. But if there is one thing I cannot stand, it's censorship. Taking him off the air would be a huge blow to those of all political leanings that support free speech.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I don't like the guy, and I don't agree with much he says. But if there is one thing I cannot stand, it's censorship. Taking him off the air would be a huge blow to those of all political leanings that support free speech.
You sir, win the quote of the day award!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies