Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Glen Beck Nuts?
Yes 123 32.80%
No 252 67.20%
Voters: 375. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 07:11 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
O'Reilly was right, he was a baby killer.

Rush called GWB "Hitler?"

Don't use Olberman as an example, the guy is obsessed with Bill O'Reilly!

Anyway, some liberal hate talk:

Bob Herbert of the New York Times wrote that "The Republican jihad against the poor, the young and the helpless rolls on."

Washington Post columnist Mary McGrory said that "Human sacrifice is much in vogue right now. The Republican right thinks that people who get on its nerves, especially women, should be sent to the stake."
These two quotes are essentially harmless.

Quote:
And Alan Ginsberg said, "I have no doubt that if Rush Limbaugh or Pat Robertson or Ollie North ever get real power, there would be concentration camps and mass death."
That sounds Beckian enough, though focused loosely on 3 people.
But none of those 3 were in danger of being elected to 'real power'. There is no immediate threat even if one of Ginsberg's fans treated Ginsberg as a prophet.
And did Ginsberg have a show where he could repeat it nightly?

- Beck says "run-up" to the U.N. climate change conference in Copenhagen "could mean the end of U.S. sovereignty"

This is frightening, if you believe beck and monckton.
And the trouble is, there are people who believe beck/monckton who think US soverignty will end.
I worry about those folks who have a loose grasp on reality and believe whatever Beck says.

And that is just one example where Beck is presenting Obama as a threat - and judging from some of the more unhinged posts on this forum - some people take that bait and believe Beck.

Its dumb, but it happens.
Not to disagree with your ginsberg comparison, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 08:07 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
ROFLMAO !!!!! You think I am a fan of the GOP because I see the looney idiots of the democratic party destroying this great Nation? You really are too biased to see past your looney leftest propaganda. Both political parties have done our Nation wrong. We eliminated one of sorts, but we still have the nuts and fruits party to get rid of that is currently in control. And we the People will vote them out of office. With morons like barney ***, nancy pelosi, harry reid, the undoing of the democratic party is happening too. So, how many times does congressman from LA have to be caught with 90k of drug money in his freezer, how many killers like ted kennedy should be allowed in the nutcase party he was part of, how is it that obama should get a pass on everything when he wants to violate the Constitution at every turn? Read some history, you only need to go back to the early 1900's progressives to see what party has been delibertly trying to destroy this Nation. Don't be shocked when the enemy party to our Nation gets their a*** kicked out of control. It will be a great day when the next election does just that.
I touched a nerve huh. When the enemy party gets kicked out. Who do you support. When the Dems are out who's in. Dont be afraid to say you love Jim Demint and the rest. The great day happened back in January when your hero and his friend in the wheel chair (so that he would not have to stand for the nations first Black president) walked away feeling like the losers they are.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:44 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I touched a nerve huh. When the enemy party gets kicked out. Who do you support. When the Dems are out who's in. Dont be afraid to say you love Jim Demint and the rest. The great day happened back in January when your hero and his friend in the wheel chair (so that he would not have to stand for the nations first Black president) walked away feeling like the losers they are.
Hey, thanks for that news about Cheney. I don't think my channel of the day, CNN, ever made that statement. Could it have been MSNBC? I am really glad to know that he was just kidding.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:20 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Glenn Beck's book hit number one. He now has the number one book that people are buying.

The publicity has done him good.

Last edited by janelle144; 10-27-2009 at 10:14 PM..

Old 10-27-2009, 09:50 PM

Does it make sense to have the Fox News "Live" logo hanging there during beck's and hannity's shows?
Shouldn't they remove the word 'news' during the opinion shows?

Don't you think there are older gentlemen and ladies that might be confused by that logo alone being on the opinion shows?

If those older town hall screamers have been taking Beck as news, their outrage would make sense to me.
Might be the logo's fault.
Attached Thumbnails
Should Glen Beck be taken off the air?-fox.jpg  

Old 10-27-2009, 10:15 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Then you cannot call the talk shows on the other channels news or you can call them the Obama news I am sure.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Then you cannot call the talk shows on the other channels news or you can call them the Obama news I am sure.
MSNBC doesn't jam the word news on their logo.
Neither does CNN.

Maybe it doesn't confuse anyone.
I suspect it does.

Just like their 'motto' has some people fooled.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:37 PM

532 posts, read 859,167 times
Default Of course not

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Is Glen Beck the crazy relative you politely listen to as he talks, talks, and talks. Why is he on the air? That's my thought. But I have to ask:
Should he be taken off the air?
We do have freedom of speech, I hope. Glenn Beck has as much right to express his opinion as you, or I do. Just because you may not agree with him, doesn't mean he shouldn't be heard. Should you be censured because of your opinion? No way!

Old 10-27-2009, 11:14 PM

1,020 posts, read 2,754,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
MSNBC doesn't jam the word news on their logo.
Neither does CNN.

Maybe it doesn't confuse anyone.
I suspect it does.

Just like their 'motto' has some people fooled.
CNN stands for Cable News Network. Fox News is simply branding. If people can't figure out the difference between political opinion shows and news programs then we have bigger problems than the Obama administration's latest temper tantrum that one out of the five major news networks isn't falling in lock-step with their agenda.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:34 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,287,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post

I can not believe you are this silly about this!!! You are one of the led by nose leftest that will follow whoever is in control of the far left and never think for yourself. Why do I say that? Because it is clear that to you there is only 2 sides to every issue in politics-which party wants what and what ever the looney left says, you'll go with. However that is extremely shortsighted and frankly shows a lack of using your brains. You really do need far more history education than I will give you here. So tell me, why is it that the people who study the Constitution, The Federalist Papers, and the writings of the Founding Fathers all disagree with your self centered egomanic in the whitehouse nutcase obama?
Believe me, I'd much rather have JD Watts than obama.

Last edited by 12GO; 10-28-2009 at 12:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies