Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Glen Beck Nuts?
Yes 123 32.80%
No 252 67.20%
Voters: 375. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 07:02 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
The ranks of independents are growing all the time because both parties are looking out for themselves, not the people. That must be evident even to folks like you. I've not seen much that is noble or honorable about either party lately.
They are growing. I agree with that. I do not agree that he is independent. I isn't mean the average Joe. I meant pundits who pretend to be independent. And there are some on both sides of the aisle, though the right is clearly in the lead currently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 09:17 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,527,678 times
I personally think that he must need his meds adjusted or maybe Rush isn't sharing enough. As long as you know that is show is for entertainment you are OK but if you think that he is reporting the news then it is to late for you as you already drank the kool-aid.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:19 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Is Glen Beck the crazy relative you politely listen to as he talks, talks, and talks. Why is he on the air? That's my thought. But I have to ask:
Should he be taken off the air?

Why are so-called "open-minded" liberals so closed-minded when it comes to other opinions??

Old 03-28-2010, 11:54 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,286,173 times
If Glenn Beck was the right side of the political spectrum to be taken off the air, then how could anyone justify ms roberts? Better leave the right to free speech alone or it could wipe out half the looney lefts airways polluting idiots.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:55 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,286,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Why are so-called "open-minded" liberals so closed-minded when it comes to other opinions??

Exactly!!!

Old 03-29-2010, 07:09 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I personally think that he must need his meds adjusted or maybe Rush isn't sharing enough. As long as you know that is show is for entertainment you are OK but if you think that he is reporting the news then it is to late for you as you already drank the kool-aid.
Beck is more for the thinking person, not so much emphasis news by itself. He takes the news and makes you think about the possible implications of what is going on in Congress, the WH and especially, Obama - what he says and does (usually two different things).

Like I said, people who don't want to do any *thinking* won't appreciate Beck.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:14 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,115 times
How come no one on the left called for Beck to be off the air when he was on CNN?

What about Lou Dobbs? Beck says the same thing Dobbs has been saying for 30 years. I never heard anyone complain about him. (dobbs got a little crazy with the birther stuff, which Beck doesn't believe)

What about Patrick Buchanon when he was on CNN?

What about Tucker Carlson when he was on MSNBC?

Why is it only when a liberatarian or conservative shows up on FOX do they become crazy and dangerous?

No one on the left learned how to think for themselves. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:19 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,728,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Is Glen Beck the crazy relative you politely listen to as he talks, talks, and talks. Why is he on the air? That's my thought. But I have to ask:
Should he be taken off the air?
I don't know if you are in favor or against Glenn Beck..but either way you clearly have seen what the people on this forum think...Freedom of speech, just as that moron of a Keith Olberman and the woman...I won't even want to mention her name...but it is freedom of speech and as long as their is advertisement money coming in, they will be on the air...not long though...Glenn Beck is attracting millions of viewers

Old 03-29-2010, 07:46 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,654,255 times
All I have to say is, at least he has the ability to smile.
Have you ever seen Keith Obermann smile?
You see this stone face that is so filled with hate and trembling that you are afraid of the T.V.
Then he throws his wad of paper at you.
Yikes, where is the remote? Help me get out of the room until the maniac is gone. When is he going to lose it and start blowing up buildings?
"HONEY, keep the kids out of the room!! There is a crazy person ranting on the airways"
Yes, I prefer Glenn Beck, at least he is informed, funny and pleasant.
One of his best and with a smile on his face:
"Chicago? Will you please keep your politicians out of Washington? We are trying to save the country"

Old 03-29-2010, 07:53 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,705,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
He is crazy in my opinion and I dislike him but I would never advocate taking him off the air. It his right to get up and speak no matter how much we may not like what he says.
And we have a right to turn the dial, click the remote, or manipulate whatever fancy new-fangled device is operating the electronics these days
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies