Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 10:39 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,449,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Not Fox news!

Too bad the troops didn't have to attend.....they are left out there begging for a decision!

On Monday, MSNBC’s Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow were among several people who attended an off-the-record briefing with Pres. Obama at the White House. Sources tell us other attendees at the two-and-a-half hour chat included Eugene Robinson of the Washington Post, Maureen Dowd of the New York Times, Gwen Ifill of PBS and Gloria Borger of CNN. Perhaps not surprisingly, no one from Fox News was in the room.

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Revealed: Who else was at that secret Obama briefing with Olby and Maddow?
Hmmmmmmm, While this initailly raised my hackles, I think I remember some conservative radio hosts - Dennis Prager & Hugh Hewitt being the ones I remeber most vividly - mentioning they had attended an off the record meeting between W. and a group of conservative talkers during his administration. So I don't think this is any big deal.

Besides "Off the Record" does not equal "Secret". It just means nothing said can be quoted or attributed in print/broadcast reporting.

So - everyone remain calm............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 10:43 AM

5,465 posts, read 12,206,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Obama is a pansy. Period. Failing to engage his critics - media-critics with a huge microphone no less - proves that he has no substance or fortitude.

It's almost like he believes that isolating Fox News will keep them from reporting news and facts surrounding his administration. It doesn't get any more stupid than that.
Exactly. Fox creams the others in ratings. Independents have already abandoned Obama. You'd think he'd take advantage of Fox and utilize them to get his message across and "get rid of Washington politics as usual." Instead, he creates a wider rift by demonizing those who don't agree with him or who *gasp* question the administration's agenda instead of following the slobbering love affair machine. Obama is stupid.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:52 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,669,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Hmmmmmmm, While this initailly raised my hackles, I think I remember some conservative radio hosts - Dennis Prager & Hugh Hewitt being the ones I remeber most vividly - mentioning they had attended an off the record meeting between W. and a group of conservative talkers during his administration. So I don't think this is any big deal.

Besides "Off the Record" does not equal "Secret". It just means nothing said can be quoted or attributed in print/broadcast reporting.

I don't know all the names on that list to know whether they're all liberals, but these meetings with conservative media used to happen frequently with Bush.

I guess it's just the reality of running a country in a 24/7 news cycle.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:07 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,836,395 times
ALL far Left hacks. I'm sure he gave them their marching orders - only positive stories, no delving into the details of obamacare, no pressure on his waffling on Afghanistan......

Old 10-22-2009, 11:25 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,595,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
ALL far Left hacks. I'm sure he gave them their marching orders - only positive stories, no delving into the details of obamacare, no pressure on his waffling on Afghanistan......
There arm's are already so brown .....

Old 10-22-2009, 11:28 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,174,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
One sided my fanny! The story says that Fox was not in the room what it does not say is that they were not invited. After all Fox is the Republican propaganda machine and like all Republicans they just said "NO!".
I guess you didn't take the trouble to watch the video of "Fox and Friends" that GreeneGene provided us. Click on Source at the bottom of his post so you can see some of it, especially the results of the Pew Poll that was on the last part of that video.

I would say that your pain caused by ignorance of what is going on in DC must be very bad since you never see things like that video from not watching Fox. You need to watch that video so as to gain some knowledge of what is going on.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
How is a meeting secret if everyone knows about it? Looks more like an informal meeting between the President and the NEWS media, FOX is iffy at best when it comes to reporting all the facts, so why invite them. For FOX to become credible as a news organization they need to back off the countless commentaries that are presented as fact and proving their utter bias buy not including descenting opinions. No, FOX has chosen their game plan and the reactions they get from politicians should have been expected. So, now FOX plays the victim, seems to be a poplular tactic of the right these days, plenty of whinning and no solutions to offer, forgive the rest of us for having little sympathy.
Casper
Undoubtedly the most hilarious post from you that I have ever seen. How many hours a day was it you said you watch Fox? How about at the 4:00 pm hour? Yep, I know that guy is wild and lies all the time. How many lies did you count from him yesterday?

Old 10-22-2009, 11:31 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,626,560 times
Yes MSNBC is Liberal
Yes FOX represents the lunatic fringe Third Party

Point?

Old 10-22-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Obama is a pansy. Period. Failing to engage his critics - media-critics with a huge microphone no less - proves that he has no substance or fortitude.

It's almost like he believes that isolating Fox News will keep them from reporting news and facts surrounding his administration. It doesn't get any more stupid than that.
Well, Guy, we don't know how much Jarrett, Emanuel, and Axelrod really do have in determining how he acts. I think he needs to be more his own man.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post

Coming the day after the cannons of the WH shot off so loudly on the Sunday talks it seems to me that this was maybe just a bit secret and done in conjunction with the attempt by Oba mao to marginalize Fox. With enough people like you maybe they can pull it off, but I doubt it since the Pew people say that 33% of the people that watch Fox are Democrats. What happens when all of them start seeing the light? I am sure you know that answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies