Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2009, 12:21 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,462,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Great article about Beck from mid-February, 2009 right after he made his move. I guess my asking about the day before yesterday made it imperative for you to find something old that was written less than a month into the present administration that seems to be Beck's main problem today. Your other offer was from Beck when he was still at CNN. Why don't you quote some of Beck from his "Common Sense"? Do you really think that either of these two things has a whole lot to say about the lies he told the other day? I don't but surely these articles can serve as ammunition for the rest of the Beck haters aboard. It seems that you did your job very well but haven't really said much about his lies the other day.
What are you talking about? I do NOT judge a person by ONE show. I was curious about him and that is why I did my research. I bet even the worst dictator can give one decent speech, but that doesn't make him a good person ( I am not comparing Beck to a dictator, but trying to get you see what I mean).
I watched the show from 21/10, I thought that was the one you were talking about.

ALSO: What do you mean by "the other was from Beck when he was on CNN"?
Did he become a different person with different views? If so, then YOU should question his integrity and honesty if he changes his opinions like his socks.
I have listed the many things Beck was for, things he shouldn't have supported because if he practised what he preaches!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The links I looked at where along the same theme of most of the anti-Beck posts here. The name calling, etc, with few/no specifics to support them. I may have missed a relevant one though.
You are so unfair. I did not used any stupid names for him and only provided links to what Beck really said and not some blogs about him. Maybe you should look into the things more before you judge people on here.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:25 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Feb 2009 is old???? You were raving about something Van Jones said in 1991.
Beck had just moved to Fox when that article was written. I wondered what that had to do with his show the day before yesterday. I still wonder about it.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
No, Free Speach is the opposite of censorship. Net Neurtrality is just more PC nonsense.
Explanation?
Because NN provides you and every other consumer with every content on internet without making one content slower than another or even blocking a content.
For e.g.: an internet provider could sign a contract with CNN and block Fox news from his pipes. That is what NN wants to prevent.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:30 PM
obo

916 posts, read 985,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Glenn Beck is an entertainment show, so what does that make you? Insane?

Or would you prefer to read The Economist : the same news about Comrade Murdoch's connection to the commies: Search for The Economist: Comrade Murdoch.(Rupert Murdoch's News Corp to form joint venture with China's People's Daily newspaper)

WITHOUT apparent irony, Rupert Murdoch proclaimed on June 13th that the People's Daily, the Communist Party's newspaper in China, was an "ideal partner" for News Corporation, his global media conglomerate. This is the same Mr Murdoch who two years ago was declaring that satellite television, in which he is heavily involved, posed an "unambiguous threat to totalitarian regimes everywhere." - The Economist
Beck is not an entertainer in the way you want to marginalize him as. Secondly, you are worried about possible, unproven commie ties to a news organization, but agree with them being in the WH. How insane is that?

Old 10-23-2009, 12:30 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Beck had just moved to Fox when that article was written. I wondered what that had to do with his show the day before yesterday. I still wonder about it.
Poor Roy. I'll bet you are sorry you started this thread. Why do you do it? When no one was talking about Beck, and you had to open a thread about him just to ask if he lied yesterday. heh-heh

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-23-2009 at 12:45 PM..

Old 10-23-2009, 12:32 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Do you get paid to post about Beck or something? You've started over 15 threads specifically on his show.
He side stepped when I asked him that question and accused me of attacking him..

Old 10-23-2009, 12:32 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
Beck is not an entertainer in the way you want to marginalize him as. Secondly, you are worried about possible, unproven commie ties to a news organization, but agree with them being in the WH. How insane is that?
Then why does Glenn Beck describe himself as a "rodeo clown"?

He's there for sensationalism because that's what gets ratings. Otherwise, Antiques Road Show would get higher ratings than Flava of Love.

But it doesn't, because Flava of Love is more entertaining... like a rodeo clown.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:35 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Wow. The OP got owned on this thread.

I guess it's proven, once again (I've posted several instances of his lying myself, but they were all ignored).

Glenn Beck is a proven liar.

End the thread. The OP was answered.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:44 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post

He is a political entertainer, and I have never agreed to anything about WH. Why would you accuse me of such?

The FOX connection to communists is a proven fact, while the WH connection is not. You may be able to find someone in the WH staff (like Jones) who has been a commie in the past, but there is no connenction between the current WH admin itself and the communists. Murdoch is the centre piece of FOX and he himself is connected to the communists, and since he makes their corporate policy, it puts the whole corporation in it neck-deep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies