Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2009, 09:57 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
This reminds me of Tiger Beat magazine.
Face facts - Beck is not lying. And therein lies the problem for the President / Administration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 09:59 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Did Glenn mention that Van Jones is actually a centrist? Since he's read the book and all.
I don't remember about that. The speeches from the winter meeting he talked at this past winter to the labor group didn't sound a whole lot like he was very centrist. I would say he is left of Oba mao but that is just my opinion.

Do you want me to go back and find the shows where he played those speeches by Jones that were obviously delivered by someone at least as far left as the communist Jones admitted to being.

Whoops, I forgot, you don't like to watch videos. I will see if I can't just pickup the transcript of those speeches just for you, kind lady.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Face facts - Beck is not lying. And therein lies the problem for the President / Administration.
One would think that when MSNBC gets something wrong they get e-mailed by the White House that surely they would let Beck know when he tells a lie. I guess they only do this for those people who are throwing all truth like Olbermann does.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:07 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Whoever just wrote this, anonymously --

"Reps for drinking that kool-aid! You keep it up. I love kool-aid drinkers because we need you to keep acting like everything is right. Love ya."

Thanks for the rep.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't remember about that. The speeches from the winter meeting he talked at this past winter to the labor group didn't sound a whole lot like he was very centrist. I would say he is left of Oba mao but that is just my opinion.

Do you want me to go back and find the shows where he played those speeches by Jones that were obviously delivered by someone at least as far left as the communist Jones admitted to being.

Whoops, I forgot, you don't like to watch videos. I will see if I can't just pickup the transcript of those speeches just for you, kind lady.
I dont think Faux posts transcripts -- who's going to read them?

Old 10-23-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
"[Greatday], Beck does what's called 'leading the witness'. He leads you to draw a specific conclusion. It's a very old trick."

You're a lawyer, correct?

Old 10-23-2009, 10:14 PM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
3 pages 22 posts and not one person can point out a lie from his show
I was just thinking the same thing. This is a thread called the most recent lies of Glenn Beck and it doesn't mention what they are.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:17 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
Quote:
Whoever just wrote this, anonymously --

"Reps for drinking that kool-aid! You keep it up. I love kool-aid drinkers because we need you to keep acting like everything is right. Love ya."

Thanks for the rep.
Hell yes! The good old "hate rep". Those are my favorite kind and boy do I get a lot of them.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I was just thinking the same thing. This is a thread called the most recent lies of Glenn Beck and it doesn't mention what they are.
The most recent one I can think of is the one about if you quote Mao, yer a Maoist.... unless you're John McCain or Newt Gingrich. Then it's all right.

I cant bring myself to quote myself again, so I'll try to restate: Glenn leads you all to the edge, then steps aside and lets you continue over the side - to draw the conclusion he led you to draw. Very old game, we've all played it.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
I dont think Faux posts transcripts -- who's going to read them?
Beck posts his own radio transcripts but not his TV ones.

I looked and got tired of trying to find the Van Jones speech at PowerShift 09 written for you. I got tired so I will let you google Van Jones at PowerShift 09 and go through all the videos. Actually you need to listen to this one.
YouTube - Van Jones Keynote at Powershift 09

Jones does not have a hard to listen to voice so try to take 20 minutes to hear the whole thing. Then you tell me that he isn't one of those who left the group that has red as its color and took up the green cudgel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies