Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2009, 03:19 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Do you have your own different definition you would like to submit in evidence?
Sure. The Statues.

Usury is a rate of interest, numerically quantified, that is charged in excess of that allowed by INDIVIDUAL STATE LAWS.

BofA has not done that. They have not charged interest in violation of any State Laws -

Old 10-25-2009, 05:54 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Have some PITY on me! I dont want to have to buy a SPEC home like those damn peasants out there!

AFP: Obama pay czar to slash executive salaries
You know, liberals are really stupid. Where are most of the financial wizards located whose pay Obama wants to cut? Right, New York. Both New York state and the City having been leeching off the revenues generated by taxing these high earners. By cutting their salaries the politicians are also cutting their own tax revenues. The law of unintended consequences at work! There's a lot of that when Dems are in power.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:56 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
For what reasons, is it your OPINION (not fact) that this ratio is "out of line"?
If you don't see it, I can't help you.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
If you don't see it, I can't help you.
I don't believe any pay scale is "out of line".

I will NEVER agree to any sort of pay caps. That is, IMO, extremely Un-American. And, IMO, anyone who even suggests that there should be any sort of pay caps is, themselves, Un-American. Even a subversive

Old 10-26-2009, 07:22 AM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Not going to argue personal morality here, but seems the radical right uses morality and "family values" smokescreens much more than any other group...yet they don't practice what they preach.

IMO a man getting 50 million in this country today is immoral;

Is he going to heaven or hell? :He deserves a special place in hell,my opinion and I'm entitled.
Um, just thought I'd point out that Oprah makes more than that a year...and her personal fortune is pretty much the reason that Obama is in the Whitehouse as her backing gave him the momentum he needed to make the run in the primaries.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:25 AM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
You know, liberals are really stupid. Where are most of the financial wizards located whose pay Obama wants to cut? Right, New York. Both New York state and the City having been leeching off the revenues generated by taxing these high earners. By cutting their salaries the politicians are also cutting their own tax revenues. The law of unintended consequences at work! There's a lot of that when Dems are in power.
I am starting to develop the philosophy that any post that uses "liberals" or "conservatives" as a curse word or makes gross blanket statements...pretty much gets skipped right over.

Frankly, I find that people that make those statements really don't have the ability to make coherent points, they are just name calling and are ill-informed.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
I don't believe any pay scale is "out of line".

I will NEVER agree to any sort of pay caps. That is, IMO, extremely Un-American. And, IMO, anyone who even suggests that there should be any sort of pay caps is, themselves, Un-American. Even a subversive
Anyone who disagrees with American greed, is in your opinion 'Un-American and subversive'? LOL - no wonder we are in this wonderful situation.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Anyone who disagrees with American greed, is in your opinion 'Un-American and subversive'? LOL - no wonder we are in this wonderful situation.
I don't think getting paid is greed as you do

Old 10-26-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
I don't think getting paid is greed as you do
CEOs robbing the company bottom line, while not sufficiently rewarding other employees of the company, is American greed, pure and simple - it exists no where else in the world, and is bringing about the current economic downfall.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
CEOs robbing the company bottom line, .
That's as far as I got. The CEO's are not "robbing" anything.

They are getting paid what the owners have agreed to pay that CEO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies