Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 04:17 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,298,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Unemployment has been a problem for Black males starting in the 60's when manufacturing started to decline in America. The decline in manufacturing has been more of a problem for Black males because they have been heavly concentrated in manufacturing. If white males had similar unemployment numbers then we might be talking about the breakdown of the white family.
So we are blaming black illegitimacy and poor parenting on unemployment. Unbelievable!

So jobs disappeared from the inner city and whites left the inner city and ended up doing ok and many, if not most, blacks also left the inner city and ended up doing ok. Just what is the difference between the blacks who seemed to have what it took to get out and do ok and the blacks that ended up stuck in the inner city where there were no jobs and they had to live in poverty. Could it possibly have anything to do with the blacks who were able to escape this situation had more mental capacity, ability, inclination and/or initiative to do so? I think so.

I think you may have just made my point.

Thank you,

Reel

Last edited by Reelist in Atlanta; 10-24-2009 at 04:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 04:22 PM

7,526 posts, read 11,358,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
So we are blaming black illegitimacy and poor parenting on unemployment. Unbelievable!
The high Black male unemployment since the 60's has led to the Black family breakdown which has led to the illegitimacy and poor parenting.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:25 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Los Angeles – Growing youth violence in the United States will not be resolved until we find the moral courage to address the racial issues that underlie it.

During a Chicago school visit earlier this month to the site where a black honor student was beaten to death by a mob of black students, Attorney General Eric Holder stated that growing youth violence in America is not just "a black problem," but a problem for all races. The trouble with this statement is that it is statistically untrue.

Stop blaming racism for the failure of black parents - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20091022/cm_csm/ywhite - broken link)
I'm not a racist but.............................................

Old 10-24-2009, 04:28 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Yes what happened to Derrion is a reality, and even though a lot of people think that we are shifting blame as to what the problem is, it isn't really the case.

Many of us know what the problems are, but no one wants to listen, they think they already know, so what happens is, we have to come in and defend ourselves instead of talking about the realities.
good good post rep comin

Old 10-24-2009, 04:30 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
The high Black male unemployment since the 60's has led to the Black family breakdown which has led to the illegitimacy and poor parenting.
no friend its not about unemployment, family breakdown or even poor parents or condition of local youth recreational facilities in the area or city funding its about a group of people beating to death a child and those present letting it happen. its not about 1862 its about 2009, here and now--- its about us.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I got that from the article as well as your post.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
no friend its not about unemployment, family breakdown or even poor parents or condition of local youth recreational facilities in the area or city funding its about a group of people beating to death a child and those present letting it happen. its not about 1862 its about 2009, here and now--- its about us.
Thank you Huck! You now have 16,172 reps.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:45 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
The main ones to let it happen was the police. plus the school where the fight started.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:47 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post

So jobs disappeared from the inner city and whites left the inner city and ended up doing ok and many, if not most, blacks also left the inner city and ended up doing ok. Just what is the difference between the blacks who seemed to have what it took to get out and do ok and the blacks that ended up stuck in the inner city where there were no jobs and they had to live in poverty. Could it possibly have anything to do with the blacks who were able to escape this situation had more mental capacity, ability, inclination and/or initiative to do so? I think so.

I think you may have just made my point.

Thank you,

Reel
Wow, I have never seen someone so desperate to be stuck in a belief, that they are unable to face reality.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:59 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,284,017 times
I should I just have qualified what I wrote earlier by saying that one should be able to break down the reasoning behind the miscreants of any race.These are the guys with blank stares and whose hearts do not skip a beat when they kill, other than perhaps to laugh.

Now, not all factors apply to the same degree across races. For example, institutional racism was not a common experience for all races. However, but the same anaytical approach should be used. My guess is that the same things will be common across races for the animal subset.

* 20% are worth investing in
* 80% may be too far gone

* lots of bad stuff in the lives of kids form birth to 13.
* many mistakes made by the kids from 13-18
* By then it is too late for most even if the parenting itself is decent

* After 18, the biggest gains for these Moms would be from sterility, getting at least a high school degree; getting and staying happily married; avoiding the hugely tempting drug culture and money.
* Help these types of young Moms and maybe their kids will have a shot to grow up "normally"
* But if are tuning in when the kid is already 16 and the Mom is a meth queen or is still gang-banging then honestly, they are not likely to be a good investment

Save who we can, people. and for once nip the problem at the bid before the unholy spawn of these mums wreak havoc on the kids who had showed that they deserve a better shot at life.

This is not a race issue but an problem of what to do with those who were dealt a wretched hand of cards and who want to take it out on society.

S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies