Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 09:00 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times

Advertisements

Reading on this forum, I am a little suprised that many of the marxists/leftists do not even know the origins of liberalism in America and why they promote and advocate positions that often seem very strange and self destructive to the rest of us. I was taught about the Frankfort School even in high school, so I had assumed it was common knowledge. This was in a class taught by a retired Notre Dame prof.

Liberals- read about this group and you will understand that your beliefs are tools that were and are advocated to erode the west and make it more palatable to marxism. Just read for once and open your eyes. You will see all your "beliefs" there. THINK. Your "beliefs" were not established for the purpose of good, but evil.

Catholic Insight : Features : The Frankfurt School: Conspiracy to corrupt (http://catholicinsight.com/online/features/article_882.shtml - broken link)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School

http://www.newtotalitarians.com/FrankfurtSchool.html (broken link)

Old 10-24-2009, 09:04 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Reading on this forum, I am a little suprised that many of the marxists/leftists do not even know the origins of liberalism in America and why they promote and advocate positions that often seem very strange and self destructive to the rest of us. I was taught about the Frankfort School even in high school, so I had assumed it was common knowledge. This was in a class taught by a retired Notre Dame prof.

Liberals- read about this group and you will understand that your beliefs are tools that were and are advocated to erode the west and make it more palatable to marxism. Just read for once and open your eyes. You will see all your "beliefs" there. THINK. Your "beliefs" were not established for the purpose of good, but evil.

Catholic Insight : Features : The Frankfurt School: Conspiracy to corrupt (http://catholicinsight.com/online/features/article_882.shtml - broken link)

Frankfurt School - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Once you get past the liberal elitist the drop off is huge. Remember the woman saying she would not have to pay for gas and her mortgage if Obama was elected? Perfect example of an average liberal. Obviously I am being somewhat funny but there is a lot of truth in humor.

Old 10-24-2009, 09:08 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,677,986 times
Why a liberal? Easy. Liberals are progressive where Conservatives are regressive. What's so hard about that?

Old 10-24-2009, 09:08 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:

Liberals- read about this group and you will understand that your beliefs are tools that were and are advocated to erode the west and make it more palatable to marxism.

This is your brain on Glenn Beck.

Old 10-24-2009, 09:12 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
Quote:
Libs- Why are you a Lib?
Because I don't want to go through the lobotomy necessary to become a conservative?

I have more integrity than to try to deny equal rights to all?

I cannot stomach having Rush Limbaugh as my spokesperson?

I cannot imagine hold GWB up as someone to have my kids try to emulate?

Anyone else?

Old 10-24-2009, 09:21 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Because I don't want to go through the lobotomy necessary to become a conservative?

I have more integrity than to try to deny equal rights to all?

I cannot stomach having Rush Limbaugh as my spokesperson?

I cannot imagine hold GWB up as someone to have my kids try to emulate?

Anyone else?

Again- Just read a little history. This is not "Glen Beck" propaganda. Glen Beck probably does not know anything about the Frankfurt Group. This is old information (I was taught this in high school) and I really thought that libs knew the basis for thier beliefs. With the knowledge of the Frankfurt Group, naturally, I have always thought liberals to be complete idiots, as they are just "useful idiots" for the spread of marxism.

Know where your "beliefs" come from and why liberalism "evolved" when it did. I know why YOU SAY you are a liberal, but obviously you never knew where those thoughts originated. It was not a benevolent mission, but was an odd (but apparently effective) means to destroy western culture. Thanks for helping the enemy.

Old 10-24-2009, 09:23 AM

206 posts, read 195,723 times
Why?

Tired of southern style 'Plantation style laissez faire' economics and social philosophy.

Old 10-24-2009, 09:27 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:

Know where your "beliefs" come from and why liberalism "evolved" when it did. I know why YOU SAY you are a liberal, but obviously you never knew where those thoughts originated. It was not a benevolent mission, but was an odd (but apparently effective) means to destroy western culture. Thanks for helping the enemy.

Who cares where beliefs come from if you believe them the right beliefs?

It's like saying a Mercedes Benz isn't a good car because of things Germsany did in the past.

Old 10-24-2009, 09:27 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,900,516 times
I am a liberal because I generally like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Extreme conservatism would find me doubting the benefits. I view "liberal" as creative, and enriching my personal life. Overly conservative people are boring, and tend to be sheeple minded. They are afraid to step outside the FOX, and will not think deeply because Rush thinks for them. ( moderate progressive conservatives don't get me as riled)

Old 10-24-2009, 09:30 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Because I dislike the hypocrisy of the right in things like claiming to be for less government interference yet when it suits their agenda, abortion for example, they're all for more government interference. Their claims of being fiscally responsible while spending like drunken sailors. Their claims of being the 'family values' party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies