Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2009, 12:37 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Fox COVERED the tea parties, a huge protest that had its beginnings WHILE BUSH WAS IN OFFICE. Once it grew large enough, Fox covered it. The other networks PURPOSELY IGNORED IT, although they had full coverage crews out anytime 50 people gathered together with signs to protest Bush.

But go ahead and stick your head back in the sand, I don't expect you to see what is blatantly obvious.
FreedomWorks Launches Nationwide "Tea Party" Tour | FreedomWorks (http://www.freedomworks.org/publications/freedomworks-launches-nationwide-%E2%80%9Ctea-party%E2%80%9D-tour - broken link)

REPORT: "Fair and balanced" Fox News aggressively promotes "tea party" protests | Media Matters for America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 12:37 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
How did Fox orchestrate these Tea Parties and 9-12 demonstrations?

Very openly.

Despite its repeated insistence that its coverage is "fair and balanced" and its invitation to viewers to "say 'no' to biased media," in recent weeks, Fox News has frequently aired segments encouraging viewers to get involved with "tea party" protests across the country, which the channel has often described as primarily a response to President Obama's fiscal policies. Specifically, Fox News has in dozens of instances provided attendance and organizing information for future protests, such as protest dates, locations and website URLs. Fox News websites have also posted information and publicity material for protests. Fox News hosts have repeatedly encouraged viewers to join them at several April 15 protests that they are attending and covering; during the April 6 edition (http://mediamatters.org/countyfair/200904060023?show=1 - broken link) of Glenn Beck, on-screen text characterized these events as "FNC Tax Day Tea Parties." Tea-party organizers have used the planned attendance of the Fox News hosts to promote their protests. Fox News has also aired numerous interviews with protest organizers. Moreover, Fox News contributors are listed as "Tea Party Sponsor[s]" on TaxDayTeaParty.com. Media Matters for America has compiled the following analysis of Fox News' promotion of the tea-party protests. (Most transcripts are taken from the Nexis database.)

REPORT: "Fair and balanced" Fox News aggressively promotes "tea party" protests | Media Matters for America

And more...

http://www.the912project.com/

Old 10-25-2009, 12:39 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Agreed

I want to know how COVERING an event becomes ORCHESTRATING an event. How did Fox supposedly "orchestrate" the tea parties and protests?

YouTube - Fox News Producer Caught Rallying 9/12 Protest Crowd

like I said I don't like the FORIEGN OWNED PRESS organizing protests against the American Government

Old 10-25-2009, 12:42 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Fox COVERED the tea parties, a huge protest that had its beginnings WHILE BUSH WAS IN OFFICE. Once it grew large enough, Fox covered it. The other networks PURPOSELY IGNORED IT, although they had full coverage crews out anytime 50 people gathered together with signs to protest Bush.

But go ahead and stick your head back in the sand, I don't expect you to see what is blatantly obvious.

You're very amusing.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
You have a search button. Use it.
>gack< um no thanks again, if you believe in your claims enough to defend them you'll post them, I guess.

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Very openly.

Despite its repeated insistence that its coverage is "fair and balanced" and its invitation to viewers to "say 'no' to biased media," in recent weeks, Fox News has frequently aired segments encouraging viewers to get involved with "tea party" protests across the country, which the channel has often described as primarily a response to President Obama's fiscal policies. Specifically, Fox News has in dozens of instances provided attendance and organizing information for future protests, such as protest dates, locations and website URLs. Fox News websites have also posted information and publicity material for protests. Fox News hosts have repeatedly encouraged viewers to join them at several April 15 protests that they are attending and covering; during the April 6 edition (http://mediamatters.org/countyfair/200904060023?show=1 - broken link) of Glenn Beck, on-screen text characterized these events as "FNC Tax Day Tea Parties." Tea-party organizers have used the planned attendance of the Fox News hosts to promote their protests. Fox News has also aired numerous interviews with protest organizers. Moreover, Fox News contributors are listed as "Tea Party Sponsor[s]" on TaxDayTeaParty.com. Media Matters for America has compiled the following analysis of Fox News' promotion of the tea-party protests. (Most transcripts are taken from the Nexis database.)

And more...

Glenn Beck – The 912 Project
"MeidaMatters" as the "source?" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
Old Gringo

Fox is obviously biased and yes their editorial or opinionated personalities called viewers to do just that. However, from 8 AM to 5 PM, Fox reports news. Their lead shows during prime time involve opinionated anchors.

I will agree that CNN and other networks have not orchestrated protests in a similar fashion. However, they are attempting to influence policy in their own manner. CNN had Dr. Sanjay Gupta and Anderson Cooper attempting to clarify "myths" regarding the healthcare debate. Dr. Gupta is admittedly friendly with the Obama adminstration and President Obama asked Dr. Gupta to be Surgeon General. That is not a rumor but a fact the President's first choice for Surgeon General was Sanjay Gupta. Their clarifications were nothing more than the White House's own position on the health care debate. While that might not be as overt an attempt as Fox, it is still clear that CNN and Dr. Gupta in particular are biased toward the White House's stance. That segment was supposed to be a mythbuster or myth clarifying segment and that's wasn't the case. They didn't present all sides of the issues they discussed. If someone wants to argue Fox is more biased, I can agree to that but the idea that CNN is objective and unbiased is silly.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
"MeidaMatters" as the "source?" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fleet, MediaMatters quotes and links to videos of these idiots at Faux saying what they say. I realize you've been taught to fear MediaMatters but why not be a little rebel and give it a peek?

Old 10-25-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Old Gringo

Fox is obviously biased and yes their editorial or opinionated personalities called viewers to do just that. However, from 8 AM to 5 PM, Fox reports news. Their lead shows during prime time involve opinionated anchors.

I will agree that CNN and other networks have not orchestrated protests in a similar fashion. However, they are attempting to influence policy in their own manner. CNN had Dr. Sanjay Gupta and Anderson Cooper attempting to clarify "myths" regarding the healthcare debate. Dr. Gupta is admittedly friendly with the Obama adminstration and President Obama asked Dr. Gupta to be Surgeon General. That is not a rumor but a fact the President's first choice for Surgeon General was Sanjay Gupta. Their clarifications were nothing more than the White House's own position on the health care debate. White that might not be as overt an attempt as Fox, it is still clear that CNN and Dr. Gupta in particular are biased toward the White House's stance. If someone wants to argue Fox is more biased, I can agree to that but the idea that CNN is objective and unbiased is silly.
Why do you associate your electronic political allegiance with the garbage-disseminator that speaks to the lowest common denominator?

Old 10-25-2009, 01:09 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Why do you associate your electronic political allegiance with the garbage-disseminator that speaks to the lowest common denominator?
Likewise, why do you hold allegiance to any particular news source? I would come to the defense of CNN if a Republican President denied them access. I don't hold any allegiance to Fox. I think all news sources are biased in their own way. I think there is value to watching multiple sources because each news source is valuable. I'm not drinking the Fox Kool Aid. At the same time, I'm not going to say that everything one news source says is rubbish whether that is Fox, MSNBC, CNN etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies