Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 06:01 PM

844 posts, read 1,280,369 times

Advertisements

Looking at the boards here (and for the last several months), 1 in every 4 threads seem to be asking or presenting some 'anti black' or 'anti-immigrant/anti mexican question (ex-what do you think of the bell curve...are blacks bad tippers...why black parents are inferior...why you shouldnt support interracial marriage..) OR anti-obama comments (do you regret voting for obama....obamas taxing me...obama wants illegals to take over..etc).

The trend is not limited to this forum. Its all over the internet. When Obama was elected, White Nationalist sites were shut down with people seeking to join. There have been more threats to this president than to any since Kennedy. Pro-Christian advocates, Extremists and Conservatives are on TV every day asking america to revolt, to 'lone wolf', and every month there are new arrests for some extremists trying.

Things are changing, and the 'old guard' does not like that. Black president, hispanic female supreme court member, growing Hispanic population, rising black middle class, increasing in pro-white hate crimes, increasing in interracial marriages...all things which the radical right abhors. And you dont have to look on this sites posts to be able to tell.

If this were 3 years ago, and we were all talking about the crazy left making threats against people, bringing guns to rallies, attacking demographics who didnt agree with them and essentially flooding the airwaves with reasons why everyone else should hate the other side and all groups affiliated with them, I would be first in line making this same comment. We all remember the anti-bush whacky antics from the left, but for whatever reason, they did not seem as violent and aggressive as they are here. Annoying, yes, but no one was advocating assassinations, killing droves of nonwhites or jews or muslims, or touting racial superiority on a daily basis, and somehow tying that claim to 'capitolism' (which makes no sense whatsoever).

Now, we all know about trolls. Its HIGHLY likely that at least a few of the 'hate-flooders' online are actually the same person with different handles. Such is the price of having free registration. But the underlying theme shows a trend.

IS the radical right wing becoming more than just annoying, to the point of being DANGEROUS? And if so, what precautions should everyone else take not to be victimized or intimidated by such people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 06:27 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Your post is right on. I do not think Christians and Republicans in general are doing this though. Just the extreme ones.

I also agree with the notion that liberals who protested when Bush was in office were nowhere as radical or dangerous as the people who are protesting today. For one, can you IMAGINE what would happen if anyone brought a gun close to Bush? Don't get me wrong. If you are a conservative and are protesting, I support it. But when you start wanting to tote guns near the President, don't cry and complain when they are taken away. That is just common sense!

I think there are some people out there who truly think America is just a white person country. Reality is that it is not. These people are the ones flipping out because of Obama being half African. There are some people who think America should stay Christian and is just a Christian country. Truth is that there are many other faiths here. Some people are just not good with change at all.

Most of the people I mentioned are ok with other peoples freedoms being limited except their own. When it is their freedom in question, they scream about it. They don't like that EVERYONE has freedom here.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:35 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
It's .............................I'm not a Racist BUT......and then it starts

http://www.pe.com/multimedia/slideshow/2009/20091025_nazi/images/03NAZI25mze.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-25-2009, 07:05 PM

1,763 posts, read 7,334,091 times
those people are always here. they just get loud every once in a while.

as a kid, when carter was in, i remember they were all survivalists and worried about the communists and whatnot
when clinton was in, they were all worried about body-bags and black helicopters
with obama in, and the internet more accessible, they're all spun up again

only a small percentage of them are crazy enough to do something horrible (like any other group)
the rest are just lazy but lots of talk (like any other group)

the problem is that reasonable people (the majority) are both fragmented for political gain (polarized on abortion or taxes or whatever) and lazy -- so that leaves the fringes to make noise and do stuff

Old 10-25-2009, 07:28 PM

871 posts, read 1,630,625 times
it has been mentioned on such sites that they like to come on city-data to rile or disrupt because it's full of liberals in their view. also, demographic issues are important to them as well so city-data also provides info.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
It's .............................I'm not a Racist BUT......and then it starts

Could not agree with you more. It ALWAYS starts with 'theyre just a bunch of crazies', then before you know it, the crazies have taken over. Besides the obvious german example, one could look at America after reconstruction as another example.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:25 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
Looking at the boards here (and for the last several months), 1 in every 4 threads seem to be asking or presenting some 'anti black' or 'anti-immigrant/anti mexican question (ex-what do you think of the bell curve...are blacks bad tippers...why black parents are inferior...why you shouldnt support interracial marriage..) OR anti-obama comments (do you regret voting for obama....obamas taxing me...obama wants illegals to take over..etc).

The trend is not limited to this forum. Its all over the internet. When Obama was elected, White Nationalist sites were shut down with people seeking to join. There have been more threats to this president than to any since Kennedy. Pro-Christian advocates, Extremists and Conservatives are on TV every day asking america to revolt, to 'lone wolf', and every month there are new arrests for some extremists trying.

Things are changing, and the 'old guard' does not like that. Black president, hispanic female supreme court member, growing Hispanic population, rising black middle class, increasing in pro-white hate crimes, increasing in interracial marriages...all things which the radical right abhors. And you dont have to look on this sites posts to be able to tell.

If this were 3 years ago, and we were all talking about the crazy left making threats against people, bringing guns to rallies, attacking demographics who didnt agree with them and essentially flooding the airwaves with reasons why everyone else should hate the other side and all groups affiliated with them, I would be first in line making this same comment. We all remember the anti-bush whacky antics from the left, but for whatever reason, they did not seem as violent and aggressive as they are here. Annoying, yes, but no one was advocating assassinations, killing droves of nonwhites or jews or muslims, or touting racial superiority on a daily basis, and somehow tying that claim to 'capitolism' (which makes no sense whatsoever).

Now, we all know about trolls. Its HIGHLY likely that at least a few of the 'hate-flooders' online are actually the same person with different handles. Such is the price of having free registration. But the underlying theme shows a trend.

IS the radical right wing becoming more than just annoying, to the point of being DANGEROUS? And if so, what precautions should everyone else take not to be victimized or intimidated by such people?

Most of these race baiting threads are posted by left wingers and blacks themselves. I am sure we must all be very wary of the radical left wingers. Wehave all seen at any pof their protest that they are both DANGEROUS and destructive. Of course we can also recognize a troll post.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Most of these race baiting threads are posted by left wingers and blacks themselves. I am sure we must all be very wary of the radical left wingers. Wehave all seen at any pof their protest that they are both DANGEROUS and destructive. Of course we can also recognize a troll post.
lol,

I agree with the 'race baiting' threads', but taking a look at some of the posts, like

Are you scared of black men??

Are blacks really bad tippers?

New Hate crimes legislation sent to Obama for his approval/disaproval. What a terrible law

News, Stop blaming racism for the failure of black parents.

Interracial couple denied marriage license in LA.

etc etc

Theres definitely race baiting, but it CERTAINLY isnt being done by blacks, and probably not liberals either. Unless they are self hating blacks/liberals...which I concede is possible, but not really likely.

95% of it on this board (check the complaints forum a few months back, Ive actually been keeping tally) is from angry whites and (possibly racist) trolls posting racist statements in the form of conservative leaning questions.

I do find it laughable that you feel that posts such as the ones I just linked amount to 'meaningful debate'. More like meaningless buffoonery.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:30 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,454 times
The left wingers think they can pound this "conservatives are dangerous" propaganda hoping it will stick. It's along the lines of The Rules for Radicals. You will never see them speak out against any liberals protesting where they are so dangerous and out of control the police always have to be present with tear gas.

Nancy Palosi played her game with fake crying how scary cnservatives are. Of course you will never hear this botox clown speak against the real radicals on the left.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:40 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,612,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
Are you serious? White Supremacist hate groups have sky rocketed, and hate crimes against gays, mexicans, immigrants, muslims, and above all blacks are massively skyrocketed.

People arent worried about anything but maintaining their ethnicity, religion and cultures supremacy in America as the status quo. People are afraid that others dont 'hate' in the same way they do, and that the nation is moving beyond their ideals and times are passing them by.

Its not limited to conservatives. Liberals tend to be just as bigoted, only more closeted, but since Obama won, the overwhelming majority of the hate spewing is coming from anti-diversity white christian males.

Sorry, facts are facts.

Then present some "facts"

Here's what I know:

Immediately after the election, most people, even alot of conservatives, were genuinley proud of this country for breaking an enourmous barrier in race relations, depsite the politics. Now, about 10 months in and with things not going all that swimmingly, it seems we've here at C-D have been innundated with "Race" and how any critism of Obama is "race related"

Anytime a white person so much as steps on a Black person's shoe w/o saying sorry somewhere in America, there is a 50 page thread detailing how Third Riech stromtroopers are decending down on America's cities and towns killing and destroying all that is non-white. I don't normally agree w/ Rush Limbaugh, but he nailed it when he said that Liberals simply use race to try and silence dissent. You can't even go two posts w/o someone decrying how just because I don't want Washington running my healthcare, that I'm the most evil creature since George Wallace.
It's one big cinical ploy to intimidate and silence otherwise good people who aren't bigoted into towing the liberal line.

Wanna have a discussion about race? How about we drop the BS and look at the truth here: This all started once Obama started doing badly in the polls. If he starts to do well again, then everything will subside, once again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies