Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 11:45 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

As I watched Beck yesterday I couldn't help wondering how many of the things he said would be considered lies, and provable at that, by so many of the people here who do not watch him. I would really like to know how many of the things he said were really lies with some proof of same. I am again inviting you non-watchers but all out haters to watch the first 15 minutes of his show and then tell me how many of his declarations were lies.

Watch Glenn Beck Clips Week 43 and get back to me about all the lies you caught him in. If you try later than this evening you will have to go to the second group of clips to see that show.

Now you could skip to segment 5 and tell me how many of the names he repeated that people have called him are not true also. That part is very humorous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 11:51 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,532,849 times
I've been watching him and I research whats being said. So far I haven't found anything that he's lying about. The issues he's discussing are very concerning to our country.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:58 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,927 times
I have watched him a few times and I have not seen anything that proves he is lying. Hey if anyone has any proof let's see it. I also wonder if the White House is attacking Fox I have yet to hear them refute what Fox has said. They call them names and say they lie but they have not told what the lies are. Just because the White House says Fox lies does not make it so.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:59 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
As I watched Beck yesterday I couldn't help wondering how many of the things he said would be considered lies, and provable at that, by so many of the people here who do not watch him. I would really like to know how many of the things he said were really lies with some proof of same. I am again inviting you non-watchers but all out haters to watch the first 15 minutes of his show and then tell me how many of his declarations were lies.

Watch Glenn Beck Clips Week 43 and get back to me about all the lies you caught him in. If you try later than this evening you will have to go to the second group of clips to see that show.

Now you could skip to segment 5 and tell me how many of the names he repeated that people have called him are not true also. That part is very humorous.
If ANYONE were to lie as much as many of you seem to believe Glenn Beck does......then why in the hell is he....and especially Fox News.....NOT being sued into oblivion for slander, libel and the millions of other things you Libs. believe they are guilty of?
Huh?
Answer truthfully and without another stupid attempt of a put down as juvenile as life was on the playground during recess!
Is this something you think is possible or not?
Seriously?

Old 10-22-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
I have watched him a few times and I have not seen anything that proves he is lying. Hey if anyone has any proof let's see it. I also wonder if the White House is attacking Fox I have yet to hear them refute what Fox has said. They call them names and say they lie but they have not told what the lies are. Just because the White House says Fox lies does not make it so.
When you listen to the libs that have never seen his show talk about how much he lies and tells half-truths it makes sense to me that the White House would try so hard to marginalize Fox since they think there are so many people who think he is what the libs call him. I wonder what the 33% of viewers of Fox who are Democrats will be thinking about all these attempts to marginalize Beck and Fox with him. I wonder how many of them will become vociferous OMG voters next year.

The "attack the messenger" without going after the message is the very method they are using to make Beck look bad to those who want to agree with them. There is no proof to substantiate all their claims and that reduces them to attacking Beck and not what he says.

That last segment of his show yesterday when he rattled off all the names that he and his supporters have been called by THEM was hilarious.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
If ANYONE were to lie as much as many of you seem to believe Glenn Beck does......then why in the hell is he....and especially Fox News.....NOT being sued into oblivion for slander, libel and the millions of other things you Libs. believe they are guilty of?
Huh?
Answer truthfully and without another stupid attempt of a put down as juvenile as life was on the playground during recess!
Seriously?
I don't make a lot of sense out of your post but do see some very often lib used words in the last part of it. Please explain what you mean. Did you take exception to being lured into the thread by the title? Did you think that some lib posted under my name? I guess you don't know me and my support of Beck and fear that we are going down the chute with our present government.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:19 PM

737 posts, read 1,176,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
Huh?
Seriously?
He is not a journalist! He is a commentator, a rodeo clown. He does things like present a bunch of "evidence" blasts through it makes an assertion and then says something like (paraphrasing here) "I'm not saying that so-and-so is a ACORN supporting Communist, but it does make you wonder!"

Why bother suing psychotic right wing commentators when you can tie them to the Republican party? Who would actually want ANYONE with the ideology of Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity, Hewitt, Savage, Cunningham, Medved, Ingraham, etc in any political office? The answer is the fringe 5-10% which isn't even enough to get them through a primary.

Why sue when you can use them as a political punching bag in order to motivate voters and raise money? Remember 2006 when Limbaugh said Michael J Fox was "either off his medication or he's acting" in response to an ad Michael J Fox appeared in for Democratic Candidate Claire McCaskill? And bingo Democratic Pick Up in the state of Missouri 2006, not entirely because of Limbaugh acting like an idiot, but with any election where the victory margin is less than 2.5% every vote matters.

As far as liberals are concerned keep it up. Keep it up with all the bs because it helps the Democratic party at the polls.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:20 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
A page of posts and not one of Beck's "lies" posted? Seems like the Fox-haters here are just as short of facts as the WH.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:24 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
How much is Beck paying you to promote his show on internet message boards? Many forums would consider this kind of crap as spam and delete it....
Predictable.
Unable to refute Beck with facts ,initiate plan"B" and bring on the Fairness Doctrine.
Dissent is verboten.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:27 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Beck is delusional at best, NUTS without a doubt!

YouTube - Keith Olbermann's "Worst Person" - FOX's Glenn Beck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies