Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 05:33 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times

Advertisements

i will say that i don't blame obama completely for our disaster, any more than i blamed bush completely, although they certainly sold out the office of the presidency. i think ron paul had it right when he suggested that the main problem in this country isn't obama, but rather bernanke and the federal reserve. all this back and forth bickering diverts from the real issue, which is WHO CONTROLS THE MONEY SUPPLY?

discussion:
Joe Scarborough: You actually just wrote a book about the Fed. I mean, by God, tell us? Off camera you were telling me that you think that Ben Bernanke probably deserves to be person of the year because of the power he has.

Ron Paul: Yes, he’s the most powerful man in the world; I believe a case could be made for that. Because he controls the supply of money, which is the dollar, which is the reserve currency of the world. He can create a trillion dollars in secret without any monitoring of the Congress. So, there is no transparency. And I think he’s more powerful than the president.

Joe Scarborough: The president we are talking of here, again the president has all these checks and balances. Bernanke and every other Fed chief operate in secrecy. Like you said, he can create a trillion dollars out of thin air.

Ron Paul: Right. The big question is: has he used that power for good, or for evil? And, of course, my side of the argument is the system is evil, and the chairman, whether it’s Greenspan or Bernanke, they can do no good. They cause our troubles, they cause the inflation, they cause the bubbles. And, therefore, the bust, the correction, is always their fault. So the problems that we have and because this is such a worldwide phenomenon, you know, since 1971 everything has become worldwide and global economy. There is no backing of any currency. And yet our Federal Reserve controls the gold, so to speak, the paper gold. And therefore this whole mess that we’re in, which has a long way to go, has been caused by the FEDERAL RESERVE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 12:24 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
Excellent summary of events thus far. Actions speak louder than words, and the author does a nice job of marching out the actions that lead to certain conclusions.

I second that emotion!

Old 12-20-2009, 12:29 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
One opinion. Well-written, sorry no biblio, but clickable links within the story. Scary, regardless. And another quite frank discussion. Statistics and facts, ma'am, statistics and facts.

Dear Leader, a good moniker for the sheep. How's the hopenchange working for ya?

GetLiberty.org >> Home
Another dumb a** bash obama thread.
Why don't you f**ls go Christmas shopping or something?

Old 12-20-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i will say that i don't blame obama completely for our disaster, any more than i blamed bush completely, although they certainly sold out the office of the presidency. i think ron paul had it right when he suggested that the main problem in this country isn't obama, but rather bernanke and the federal reserve. all this back and forth bickering diverts from the real issue, which is WHO CONTROLS THE MONEY SUPPLY?

discussion:
Joe Scarborough: You actually just wrote a book about the Fed. I mean, by God, tell us? Off camera you were telling me that you think that Ben Bernanke probably deserves to be person of the year because of the power he has.

Ron Paul: Yes, he’s the most powerful man in the world; I believe a case could be made for that. Because he controls the supply of money, which is the dollar, which is the reserve currency of the world. He can create a trillion dollars in secret without any monitoring of the Congress. So, there is no transparency. And I think he’s more powerful than the president.

Joe Scarborough: The president we are talking of here, again the president has all these checks and balances. Bernanke and every other Fed chief operate in secrecy. Like you said, he can create a trillion dollars out of thin air.

Ron Paul: Right. The big question is: has he used that power for good, or for evil? And, of course, my side of the argument is the system is evil, and the chairman, whether it’s Greenspan or Bernanke, they can do no good. They cause our troubles, they cause the inflation, they cause the bubbles. And, therefore, the bust, the correction, is always their fault. So the problems that we have and because this is such a worldwide phenomenon, you know, since 1971 everything has become worldwide and global economy. There is no backing of any currency. And yet our Federal Reserve controls the gold, so to speak, the paper gold. And therefore this whole mess that we’re in, which has a long way to go, has been caused by the FEDERAL RESERVE.
You're about the only conservatively minded person on these forums who displays any type of logic!

Old 12-20-2009, 02:17 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
These days, from both the left and the right, we are getting this "don't give them an inch" type of articles, that are simply without objectivity.

There is no doubt that much of President Obama's problems arise from the fact that he was simply not prepared to be President of the United States of America.

But, he is - And the first thing that turns me off to the linked article and website is that childish image of him. This turns me off about the groups that present themselves as the "tea party" crowd.

The President deserves respect. And for those that argue that the left wing people did the same for Bush - Well that was certainly childish of them. Which makes it more childish to do the same for revenge, or whatever...
Yes, he is the president and he does deserve respect, but this is America where trust and respect are earned, not blindly given. Blind loyalty is what they do in Europe, and why they have had so many despotic dictators and rewritten their version of our US Constitution dozens of times.

Quote:
Let's face it - One of the biggest reasons that we are not objectively solving problems in this country is this partisan bickering and extemism. And it is from both sides of the aisle - left and right.
Petty partisanship is being driven by the 0bama administration. It was 0bama himself who has said he has been actively engaged in the Heath care debate from day one, and it is 0bama who is leading the closed door sessions.

We need leadership from our president, and $3.5 trillion in deficit spending, and no relief in sight, is not leadership.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:24 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
LoL, clear eyed and objective?

Posting things against anything liberal every day

Single-payer health care plan dies in Senate
A flawed process yields a flawed plan for Afghanistan
Obama Explains His Peace Agenda to Skeptical Norwegians

It's like asking about pharmaceutical policies from a Christian Scientist.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:36 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
These days, from both the left and the right, we are getting this "don't give them an inch" type of articles, that are simply without objectivity.

There is no doubt that much of President Obama's problems arise from the fact that he was simply not prepared to be President of the United States of America.

But, he is - And the first thing that turns me off to the linked article and website is that childish image of him. This turns me off about the groups that present themselves as the "tea party" crowd.

The President deserves respect. And for those that argue that the left wing people did the same for Bush - Well that was certainly childish of them. Which makes it more childish to do the same for revenge, or whatever...

Let's face it - One of the biggest reasons that we are not objectively solving problems in this country is this partisan bickering and extemism. And it is from both sides of the aisle - left and right.

And this article is a perfect example.

Ist Amendment:
In spite of the rhetoric from the White House - I haven't seen anyone taken off the air.

Let's face it - Anyone that has been around for a few years has seen the news media turn into the single issue crap shows that are on nightly. There's little "news" on many of these stations.

We certainly don't get any type of informative insight into world events. All we get are hour upon hour of these idiot shows focusing on the one single issue of the day. And they are the ones putting the politics into it...the shows are based on their political slant. There's nothing objective.

CNN, FOX, and the others...They just go on and on and on about whatever single issue it is for the day...And it goes from one show into the next.

And the broadcast stations like ABC, CBS and NBC...For crying out loud!...Who produces these shows? High school cheerleaders?...5 minutes of news, 5 minutes of traffic and weather, and 15 minutes of nonsense.

So, if someone like FOX puts itself into the role of pouncing on the White House at every opportunity, night after night, show after show - Fine, they have the freedom to do that...But don't blame the White House for not extending hospitality to them.

If you had an associate in your group of friends that continuously belittled you, wouldn't you avoid them?

Again, if it was objective and fair news analysis, that's something else. But, the O'Reillys and Becks don't sell books and T-shirts on objective news items, do they?

Economy:
Put the blame where it belongs - The bankers, real estate, lawyers and securities traders that put 100's of millions of dollars into the pockets of both the Republicans and Democrats, and got all the laws they wanted to allow them to wreck the economy.

Whoever is sitting in the White House at any given time is simply someone that fingers can point at for the moment.

This disaster of an economy has been in the making for years.

Every one in Congress is to blame - and the fault really lies with all of us who do not pay attention to the consequences of what they are doing. Instead everyone in this country listens and accepts the extremist crap that we see and hear on the media, from the extremist idiots that enough of us tune into to keep on the air.

Post Racism:

President Obama is the first colored president. That's one hell of a position to juggle. the country is still about 65% white.

Yes, he may have made a few mistakes - But, he is trying to be a President to all people. Overall, he is trying to be a color-neutral President. And one proof of this is the fact that everyone is pissed at him - Everyone wants special favor...You know, the usual players.

As far as the Hate Crime Bill - Yes, it might be unfair - I myself have not been brutalized by any gay gangs, and whenever I am around black people their body language and actions mostly exhibit a type of shyness that shows they do feel like a very small group among others (they are only about 13% of the population).

Yes, there are incidences in which colored people do commit race motivated crimes against whites - And that should have been addressed...But again, place the blame where it belongs - the 65% of the population that is white, and let it happen.

Security:

Afghanistan is a weak argument. Historically it has been a losing proposition. Can anyone say, with any certainty, that an escalation of troops and actions will resolve the problem.

The real problem is balancing our need of oil against what we should really do to resolve the issue of the terrorists. And that needs no explanation.
I couldn't stand to read your entire post, but it didn't take me long at all to realize you have little knowledge what freedom of the press is. No news agency should be treated any differently by the White House and the President because of their views and what they have reported on their station. To try and control any news agency by treating them differently is being on the way to communism. The government is a powerful agency and should curtail their actions to reflect that. Acting in any other way is being very small minded and that a president would specifically name a particular station as not being news should never happen in a free nation. He could go point by point in defending his stance, but no personal attacks on any news agency should be tolerated and I am glad the news media stuck together to keep this from happening. He needed to be put in his place and they were very effective in doing that.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:52 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I couldn't stand to read your entire post, but it didn't take me long at all to realize you have little knowledge what freedom of the press is. No news agency should be treated any differently by the White House and the President because of their views and what they have reported on their station. To try and control any news agency by treating them differently is being on the way to communism. The government is a powerful agency and should curtail their actions to reflect that. Acting in any other way is being very small minded and that a president would specifically name a particular station as not being news should never happen in a free nation. He could go point by point in defending his stance, but no personal attacks on any news agency should be tolerated and I am glad the news media stuck together to keep this from happening. He needed to be put in his place and they were very effective in doing that.
The president has the same rights that you and I do. He can call any network anything he wants. Freedom of speech. Whether such remarks are wise is another question, but trying to curtail his freedom of speech is what shouldn't happen in a free country. Giving an opinion is a far cry from censorship.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
The president has the same rights that you and I do. He can call any network anything he wants. Freedom of speech. Whether such remarks are wise is another question, but trying to curtail his freedom of speech is what shouldn't happen in a free country. Giving an opinion is a far cry from censorship.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Whom are you calling a news agency?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies