Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 07:09 AM

786 posts, read 4,732,860 times

Advertisements

I suspect much of President Bush's problems are based on constant negative Press reporting of him and his Presidency. I suspect that many Americans do not understand the issues and hate Bush because we are told to by the media. It is a form of brain washing and propaganda.

No, I am not saying Bush is a good President or I support his war or his decisions on economic, political and government programs, but I do think that much of his unpopularity is based on the constant negatively slanted stories in the media. Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2007, 07:13 AM

9,890 posts, read 10,822,703 times
with out a doubt!

Old 05-10-2007, 08:00 AM

1,247 posts, read 926,367 times
Considering the fact that I hate Bush and I rarely get my news from the television, this wouldn't apply to me. The biggest reason he's disliked, right now, is the pathetic excuse for a war he has going on in Iraq. Whether you like the war or not, any idiot on the street could have run a better war than this administration. In simplest terms, they suck. I don't think the media had to go out of it's way to point this out.

Oh, people don't need to watch the news to see what illegal immigration is doing to this country. And people don't need to watch the news to see that Bush is not only doing nothing to stop it, but encouraging it.

Americans are sheep, but as far as Bush is concerned, his incompetence is self-evident.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:13 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,166,799 times
I think these days even on the Fox News Channel where conservatives in general tend to get positive coverage, their own poll results show Bush in an unfavorable light. When you get to the point when not only the moderates that once swung your way no longer support you, but also some of your staunchest conservatives start to question your tactics, something's gotta give.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:22 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,842 times
Bush gets good press - they took everything at face value leading up to the war and acted merely as a a PR extension of the White House.

And from 2001 to now, they still don't press (no pun intended) him on many dubious actions.

It's a sin really, how bad the press has been in simply giving him a pass on really awful stuff.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:31 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,118,785 times
As far as I am concerned this is a totally erroneous statement. President Bush has owned the press, and until most recently, mainstream press, including, or even especially The New York Times have supported him come hell or high water.

But with his growing unpopularity among the voters, the press has started to change their own tune, and tone.

And, frankly, I thought he was a bogus candidate, and is an incompetent president, with or without his Yale and Harvard degrees!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
I suspect much of President Bush's problems are based on constant negative Press reporting of him and his Presidency. I suspect that many Americans do not understand the issues and hate Bush because we are told to by the media. It is a form of brain washing and propaganda.

No, I am not saying Bush is a good President or I support his war or his decisions on economic, political and government programs, but I do think that much of his unpopularity is based on the constant negatively slanted stories in the media. Your thoughts?

Old 05-10-2007, 08:49 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post

I think much of his low popularity is due to a poorly planned war effort and the continually arrogant attitude of his administration, is the media now responsible for those plans and attitude?

Old 05-10-2007, 08:52 AM

133 posts, read 629,419 times
He is getting bad press now because people are finally seeing the light! Is there anything actually good to say about him?

Old 05-10-2007, 08:57 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbsing View Post
He is getting bad press now because people are finally seeing the light! Is there anything actually good to say about him?

As much as I dislike his policies and actions I really don't think he's a bad man at heart. Unfortunately I think he suffers the rigid tunnel vision that seems to affect many recovering substance abusers, not a good quality for a president.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:58 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times
I really don't understand why people are so short term memoried on some aspects of the problems we are facing today. Bush has not led the country very well overall. But for his failures in the Iraq war, a lot of people tend to bash him obsessively, even for things that aren't his fault (completely anyway).

Take the WMD stuff that was the charges America moved on to start the war with Iraq. Many people now accuse Bush of making up the WMD story as an excuse to go to war. But oddly, it was Bill Clinton stating on Larry King live in 2003 that "it is incontestable that on the day I left office, there were unaccounted for stocks of biological and chemical weapons''. It was Clinton who used the WMD's as a basis for a unilateral action of bombing a medicine production facility in Sudan. When pressed by the UN for evidence behind the claims for the bombing, the only thing that could be produced was a soil sample that contained a precursor chemical that could be used to make VX nerve gas, which the soil sample was collected "by clandestine efforts of undercover agents", which means no real validity other than we say so.

That is one of the things that bothers me the most is that Clinton spoke for 2-3 years about Saddam and how dangerous he was and the WMD's and his refusal to cooperate with the UN, etc. Many democrats were behind Clinton at the time, as were many republicans. Now that the war has gone bad, everyone wants to wants to wash their hands and point at Bush.

That is what annoys me. How the democrats try to pretend like they never said anything and that everything that went wrong is ALL Bush's fault.

Blame Bush for what he has done bad and wrong, because there is plenty of it. But to give others that have been involved in allowing and causing a lot of this to happen a free pass is just flat out BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies