U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-27-2009, 06:29 PM

9,980 posts, read 8,298,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
FOX NEWS appeals equally across all party lines as CNN is going down the tubes being the lowest rated cable news station....LOL. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Of course I do not find effiminate or less than nice looking men or butch women attractive like they have on CNN.
Please back-up your assertion with facts. I am very bi-partisan and Fox's extreme bias really turns me off (as does MSNBC's, though it's enacted to a lesser degree. Their commentators are liberal, but their news is more balanced).
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 06:55 PM

18,031 posts, read 14,842,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Please back-up your assertion with facts. I am very bi-partisan and Fox's extreme bias really turns me off (as does MSNBC's, though it's enacted to a lesser degree. Their commentators are liberal, but their news is more balanced).
Lol. Fox News has "extreme" bias? Looks like YOU don't have the facts!

2008 election coverage

Fox News
Negative stories about McCain--- 40%
Negative stories about Obama--- 40%

MSNBC

Negative stories about McCain--- 73%
Negative stories about Obama--- 14%

(Sources: Project For Excellence In Journalism, Pew Research)

Old 10-27-2009, 07:10 PM

35,000 posts, read 21,661,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Lol. Fox News has "extreme" bias? Looks like YOU don't have the facts!

2008 election coverage

Fox News
Negative stories about McCain--- 40%
Negative stories about Obama--- 40%

MSNBC

Negative stories about McCain--- 73%
Negative stories about Obama--- 14%

(Sources: Project For Excellence In Journalism, Pew Research)
Ive searched that PR PEJ website several times for this information and I cant find it. Do you remember what month or week it was, or its title?

some keywords I used:

http://www.journalism.org/search/nod...on+coverage%22

Old 10-27-2009, 07:23 PM

2,659 posts, read 1,591,458 times
Quote:
President Obama fared far worse on Fox News Channel's "Special Report" than on the broadcast networks or the prestige press—only 23% positive v. 77% negative evaluations.

Unlike the other outlets we analyzed, FOX has been consistent in the tone of its coverage, with 21% positive evaluations during the administration's first 100 days and 25% positive evaluations since then.
77% negative from this study:
Media Coverage of Obama Grows More Negative - US News and World Report

Old 10-27-2009, 07:27 PM

2,485 posts, read 1,719,484 times
Quote:
Why Liberals are AFRAID of FOX news
Because they lie, and we're afraid sheepies (people) will believe their lies. We liberals want people to believe the truth, not the misconceptions, lies, and fear mongering of right wing fanatics. And, hey, faux, isn't news. It's certainly something, but it ain't news.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:42 PM

8,869 posts, read 12,523,288 times
ummm....people aren't AFRAID of Fox News.....they're afraid that someone is actually going to watch it and believe half the babble that's spewed. Like people that listen to Beck and actually take it as news they should listen to and take seriously - as opposed to realizing it's a man who's paid millions of dollars to do an ENTERTAINMENT show on TV.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:45 PM

47,314 posts, read 37,313,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
and I would say just visa versa; have you watched enought FOX to realize the balance? Sheppard Smith: moderate: Juan Williams: moderate to liberal: Greta, liberal: Covuto: moderate: the early morning crew, ultra conservative: Bill O'Reilly fair with his guests, but leans conservative: Sean, conservative and Beck, who knows???Just pretty much off the wall.

Nita

Old 10-27-2009, 07:48 PM

47,314 posts, read 37,313,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Because they lie, and we're afraid sheepies (people) will believe their lies. We liberals want people to believe the truth, not the misconceptions, lies, and fear mongering of right wing fanatics. And, hey, faux, isn't news. It's certainly something, but it ain't news.
and where do we get the truth you are talking about? By watching the news in some little town inNM? How often have you watched Fox news?

Nita

Old 10-27-2009, 07:49 PM

2,069 posts, read 907,437 times
Default "Marxist Revolution" ... Not So Sure !!! But When It Comes To "Fear" ... Yes for sure !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
They are afraid that the truth is coming out about their little marxist revolution and are in danger of losing it.
Greeting's,

The more the constant grumbling's and endless complaints continue from these folks ..... the more likely it appears that they are experiencing a massive dose of functionally disabling "Fear" !!!

It would certainly be hoped that the intense "Fear Factor" among evidently such a small number of dedicated "Liberals", regarding the Fox News Program would not continue to produce such prolonged incidents of major mental "Meltdown" !!!

I associate with many Liberal Democrats, & Republicans, and Independents, and these folks (especially the liberal folks ) are in fact frankly embarassed by the constant "Goofey" actions and attitudes of the so called "Main Stream Liberals". The liberals I know simply do not approve !!! "Fox News Does Not Produce Any Fear In These Guys and Girls" and they do watch it ..... with an open mind of course !!!

So to all those other "Liberals" ..... Lighten Up ! It's absolutely OK to disagree with Fox News if you so desire ! This is America afterall and we have the "Right" to disagree with each other regarding politics and Fox News !

Please Do Not "Fear Fox News" ..... It just ain't worth it !!!

Thank You / Lamar

Last edited by L.Funk; 10-27-2009 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: To many words / Thanks / Lamar

Old 10-27-2009, 07:50 PM

44,934 posts, read 11,544,061 times
My favorite in the group is also Megyn Kelly. It is her voice that I like to hear but her legs didn't look bad either. She was very pregnant up to about 3 weeks ago and has been on leave since then. I can't wait for her to get back.

Megyn is not at all just a beautiful woman but she is also a lawyer or was when she started broadcasting. I think that only fools or lefties would think she is not a very intelligent woman.

Now the best looking one on Fox, to me, is Martha McCollum. She is also very intelligent and can hold her end of any kind of discussion with righties or lefties.

Actually if more of you people watched these people reporting the news with an open mind you would see that these women may lean a bit right but are also very intelligent and can do the job very well.

CNN had the best looking and my favorite voice up to the time they sent her to Iraq early in 2003. Daryn Kagan is still my favorite news reader. She left them after coming back and started her own news blog.

The most politically leaning star, outside the MSNBC woman, Maddow, is Kyra Phillips. She is so obviously left leaning that I never liked to watch her. My most unfavorite female news star is Soledad O'Brien who CNN thinks is so great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies