Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2009, 08:01 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,813,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
It's honor. I don't lie, I speak my mind--whether you like what I have to say or not. I don't try to "fit in". I'm my own man--and you don't like that.
Honor? HA! You don't know the first thing about honor. You're a bit of a "kittycat" if you ask me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Then you're two things:

1) an idiot

and

2) freaking nosy.

Keep your nose out of what isn't any of your business.
You've confused him with yourself.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
AZRiver: a sociopath is a liar. I've been completely honest and upfront about what I believe--even though it gets negative reviews. A sociopath will try to fit in, be slick and charming, be what he thinks others want him to be, simply to get his own way. I don't care what others think though. I'm not charming. I'm me, unapologetically.
Holy crap. You think all that makes a sociopath is a liar? You're more messed up than I first thought.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:07 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,061,904 times
Quote:
God helps him who helps himself. I believe charity must begin at home.
Yes, it begins at home but it does not end there. You made a point to use a quote referencing God that is NOT found anywhere in the Bible, it isn't consistent at all with God or Biblical teachings.

Now, you really are a sad and sorry sort of person and I regret that you have been successful in making your pitiful self the focus of this thread. You are right, you can help yourself...good for you...now go do it.

This thread is about a young girl who couldn't help herself, exactly the type of person and situation which God would calls us to action. Even those who don't believe in God understand that it is noble and right to help the helpless.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:11 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
When I was in school(oh so long ago ...it seems now) ganging up on someone, in any manner, was considered to be contemptable, now, it's the thing to do. .
This has to be something recent because I haven't even been out of high school 10 years yet and when I was in school no one would have thought this was cool.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:12 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
I have to go with Natalyas post that we need to cut TK loose. I have seen him hijack a few threads like this. It goes on page after page and the real topic gets lost.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:19 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
If I feel I was wrong or was proven wrong, I would say sorry and admit I made a sweeping generalization.

However, I feel I have not in this case. It was not just him. I know there were and are many people who say that. Most tend to be on the conservative side. I never said ALL conservatives said that though. I know there are respectable conservatives out there.

I have no idea where you all are getting this idea.

Same here.

And I stated up there "If I feel I was wrong or was proven wrong, I would say sorry and admit I made a sweeping generalization. "

I do not feel I have in this case. If I had proof of those posts, I would have shown you. Sorry you feel there is no evidence. Mark my word, if I could, I would show you.

Your intended context suggests that any other political affilated would not hold this stance. -Do you think liberals would hold this stance? Don't think so. Even then, they are for womens rights in the very least.

And you seem to be accusing only me of making assumptions? http://www.city-data.com/forum/10283560-post268.html. Here is one where you assume someone is does not care about the nation, freedom, etc.

Homosexuals are deviants of nature. http://www.city-data.com/forum/10431525-post291.html

Practice what you preach and I will stand behind my statement earlier in this thread.
You made an assumption as to my thought and a generalization of conservatives. I stated a fact and the fact is that "Your intended context suggests that any other political affiliated would not hold this stance." I did not state a definitive, I questioned your position carefully and allowed you to clarify.

You made a generalization. You refuse to accept that you did. In order to save face, you evade the argument of your position and attempt to use fallacious tactics rather than an admission to the lacking of your position. You have provided no evidence that supports the claim that "conservatives" as a rule would make the generalization you claimed. You have neither provided a supporting premise for your claim of my denial.

Your last links of fallacious application only serve as to distract the current argument and to discredit the one contesting you.

Ive made mistakes in the past, jumped to conclusions and fell outside of proper logical structure of support for my argument. I can admit such in specific cases, yet those links are poor attempts to come to that conclusioon and simply an emotional last ditch effort to attack due to the legitimate lashing you received for your poorly supported and stubbornly defended claim.

Are people to make the generalization that liberals are arrogant and ignorant to the point of defying any rational thought or process of discussion while they emotional defend statements that can not be validated simply as a matter of pride?

I would not make that claim of all, but it appears it could be made of your position in this particular discussion point.

Again, please stop making childish arguments. You made a generalization, admit it and move on.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:45 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
You made an assumption as to my thought and a generalization of conservatives. I stated a fact and the fact is that "Your intended context suggests that any other political affiliated would not hold this stance." I did not state a definitive, I questioned your position carefully and allowed you to clarify.

You made a generalization. You refuse to accept that you did. In order to save face, you evade the argument of your position and attempt to use fallacious tactics rather than an admission to the lacking of your position. You have provided no evidence that supports the claim that "conservatives" as a rule would make the generalization you claimed. You have neither provided a supporting premise for your claim of my denial.

Your last links of fallacious application only serve as to distract the current argument and to discredit the one contesting you.

Ive made mistakes in the past, jumped to conclusions and fell outside of proper logical structure of support for my argument. I can admit such in specific cases, yet those links are poor attempts to come to that conclusioon and simply an emotional last ditch effort to attack due to the legitimate lashing you received for your poorly supported and stubbornly defended claim.

Are people to make the generalization that liberals are arrogant and ignorant to the point of defying any rational thought or process of discussion while they emotional defend statements that can not be validated simply as a matter of pride?

I would not make that claim of all, but it appears it could be made of your position in this particular discussion point.

Again, please stop making childish arguments. You made a generalization, admit it and move on.
LOL. Now who is making assumptions?

Not going to waste anymore time on you and the other poster.

I explained my position. You refuse to accept it. Sucks to be you. Maybe YOU should accept it and move on because I did. I don't care because I still stand behind what I said. As I said before, if I felt I was truly wrong, I would admit it and move on. I have done it before. I would do it now if needed but I do not feel as if I said anything wrong.

Sure you think the links I provided are not evidence when in reality they do exactly what you accuse me of. Making generalizations. Not only that I said "Not all conservatives". I can imagine how much more of a response I would have got if I had said "ALL conservatives".

Save face? To who? You and the other poster? I TRULY do not care what you guys think in all honesty. I don't have to save face on an internet forum, you know?

Anyways, child. On to other things. Stop your whining and accept I have freedom of speech. My post is very true and that is why it angered you and other the other conservative to this point. I must have hit a nerve. When it comes to forcing women to continue the pregnancy (even if they were raped), conservatives usually fall on that "pro life" side. Do they not claim to be "pro life"? Do you see liberals forcing women to carry on pregnancies even if they do not want too? Not usually.

Back the topic now-I sincerely hope that the 15 year old girl who was raped is ok. Any updates on her condition? Is she back from the hospital?

Old 10-28-2009, 10:00 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
LOL. Now who is making assumptions?

Not going to waste anymore time on you and the other poster.

I explained my position. You refuse to accept it. Sucks to be you. Maybe YOU should accept it and move on because I did. I don't care because I still stand behind what I said. As I said before, if I felt I was truly wrong, I would admit it and move on. I have done it before. I would do it now if needed but I do not feel as if I said anything wrong.

Sure you think the links I provided are not evidence when in reality they do exactly what you accuse me of. Making generalizations. Not only that I said "Not all conservatives". I can imagine how much more of a response I would have got if I had said "ALL conservatives".

Save face? To who? You and the other poster? I TRULY do not care what you guys think in all honesty. I don't have to save face on an internet forum, you know?

Anyways, child. On to other things. Stop your whining and accept I have freedom of speech. My post is very true and that is why it angered you and other the other conservative to this point. I must have hit a nerve. When it comes to forcing women to continue the pregnancy (even if they were raped), conservatives usually fall on that "pro life" side. Do they not claim to be "pro life"? Do you see liberals forcing women to carry on pregnancies even if they do not want too? Not usually.

Back the topic now-I sincerely hope that the 15 year old girl who was raped is ok. Any updates on her condition? Is she back from the hospital?
The problem is that your condition is based on how you "feel", and not a logical or rational position. I could "feel" that you are wrong, yet if I do not provide proper support for such a claim then it would be invalid.

Your claim is invalid because you are not using a logical structure to your argument. The contingency of your validity is being based solely on your subjective emotional opinion (I feel I am right), which is invalid.

You can keep evading this issue and trying to push any contest off into another direction so as to avoid dealing with your invalid argument or you can logically attempt to support your position. Since there is no rational or logical support for your claim (you know this, everyone else does to, but you are for some reason unwilling to admit such) then all you are doing is clinging to some other emotional factor (pride, arrogance, etc...) in order to attempt to mask some sort of creditability to your claim. It has failed and you again are arguing in a very immature manner.

Your argument is one instance, I could be as you and generalize that all liberals argue from emotionally ignorant stand points, but I will refrain as this one case does not speak for all, nor would even several accomplish such support either. I understand this, though it appears by your continued attempt to justify an invalid argument that you do not, or are unwilling to for some other reason. So, I will not make a generalization of all, I will simply state that based on your presentation of argument and poorly supported attempts to justify it that you are simply one and may or may not be a standard or rule.

Last edited by Nomander; 10-28-2009 at 10:13 AM..

Old 10-28-2009, 10:35 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory00 View Post
then explain why those who believe in god and are religious as well also are sinners or corrupt or depraved?

teaching of evolution has nothing to do with it. people are motivated by thier nature. religion has enough evil or negative messages in itself.

Because all men are sinners. But the image of a sovereign God in the minds of many is a deterent. A moral code of conduct that is higher than ourselves. Even some who profess God fail. But without Him there is no hope.

Remember....God will not take away man's free will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies