Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2009, 02:11 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
Everyone needs to wait for more info.

1) It seems that the girl was dropped off on campus for the dance. She left campus early to meet her dad(?) but instead walked off campus and met an older man that used to attend the school.

2) The girl drank until she passed out

3) I have no idea why Dad wasn't looking for her during those 2 hours

4) People did not report because they were either participating or I guess thought it was some group sex event

5) Someone at an after party heard about the incident who alerted the police about the rumor. The police found the girl after a search(I think).

I don't think you can blame the school unless they have a policy that students can't leave events early or without their parents. I do wonder what happened to the Dad that she was suppoed to be meeting. Or did she plan on leaving the dance to meet up with this 19 year old the entire time?
I think more information is needed but they stated that the attack occurred on school property so yes, they are liable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 04:00 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,187 times
My God.....

This is really happening in our country......

We reap what we sow.......

Old 10-28-2009, 04:10 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
We took God out of schools. We fed them evolution and taught them that they were just animals. So they act like animals.

They get heavy doses of sexually charged videos.

The people watching were probably getting their jollies, sadly.

We do reap what we sow.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:19 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Unfortunately,Sailordave may be right.
There are girls who offer themselves up for such a thing.
For any that were aware, we have TKKramer as an example of 'how' it can happen.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:30 AM

871 posts, read 1,630,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Police: Gang rape outside school dance lasted over two hours - CNN.com

2 weeks ago another group of 15 year olds set that boy on fire and burnt him badly. What's just wrong with teens these days?
the bolded part is what's wrong with your post. teens these days are no worse than teens yesterday. Oh please stop pretending, i don't know what sheltered life you had that you are so unaware of brutality in life happening all the time from the beginning. there are good and bad kids in every generation, it doesn't even always have to do with upbringing but is only part of it. there have always been more bad to mediocre people than nice good ones. people have witnessed that in schools for years and generations back, so to pretend that somehow people were nice yesterday than today is ridiculous. even a vietnam veteran i know tells me stories about how most of his fellow soldiers were not good people and it had nothing to do with the situation they were in, it just brought out who they were good or bad. these people are old now and they were amoral punks then. everything in life shows us what we are. even in the past generations, there have been lots of accounts of victims and people doing nothing or a woman or man being murdered or raped and people not wanting to get involved or help in the news media. some get reported, some do not. these were adults too, so that makes them more responsible.

furthermore, to be apalled is one thing, to be shocked that people are capable of these things is naive, even the bystanders watching and doing nothing or even participating.

the saying, 'it's a cold, hard world' was not coined this generation. it's always been this way.

Last edited by rory00; 10-28-2009 at 04:45 AM..

Old 10-28-2009, 04:34 AM

871 posts, read 1,630,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
We took God out of schools. We fed them evolution and taught them that they were just animals. So they act like animals.

They get heavy doses of sexually charged videos.

The people watching were probably getting their jollies, sadly.

We do reap what we sow.
then explain why those who believe in god and are religious as well also are sinners or corrupt or depraved?

teaching of evolution has nothing to do with it. people are motivated by thier nature. religion has enough evil or negative messages in itself.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:41 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,350,760 times
Kill 'em all!!

Old 10-28-2009, 05:02 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Karma's a b****. Hope that if you ever need help you don't encounter someone just like yourself who walks away and lets you bleed to death on the sidewalk.
I'd prefer it. I take care of my own problems and have been in enough fights during my lifetime. But I only fight for ME--not for someone else. I treat other people the way I wish to be treated. I wouldn't want them interfering in MY business, so I don't get into theirs. Your issues are your own, show some self-reliance, instead of depending on others to save you. It probably won't happen.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:07 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
So what you're saying is since no one helped you, why should you help anyone?

Man, you're one sick puppy.
No, what that means is that you can't wait around for others to help you, or depend on other people--you have to take the initiative to take care of things without any help from anyone else.

When I go to work, no one helps me move the heavy freight--that can be anywhere between 50 and 150 pounds--I take care of it myself. But so do they, if they find themselves in a similar position. We don't have time to be "helping" each other, we have time enough to get our own jobs done and that's it! We waste time "helping" others, and our own work suffers for it.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:08 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,216 times
They arrested Manuel Ortega 19 yr.old. I'm sure he just came here for a better life like so many others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies