Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2009, 10:10 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times

Advertisements

Ha. Here's the audio of the K Street ***** comment. "They hired Enron's lobbyist. And why not? If you're doing Enron accounting why wouldnt you hire Enron's lobbyist?"

(But that's all right with you all, right?)

He doesnt call her by name, even though Alex Jones -- sensing press -- eagerly asked him. He doesnt say "she" or "her," either.

YouTube - Congressman Alan Grayson-K Street ***** is Going to Teach Me about Economics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 10:12 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
No he is insulting citizens of this country that he is paid to work for.

Are you allowed to insult your boss and get away with it? Walk up to your boss and call him a name and see what happens to you, This is why they have this attitude that they can say and do whatever they want because there people now make excuses for them instead of holding them accountable
Do you really think that Grayson is dependent upon his salary as a Congressman in order to "live"? Have you even bothered to look at the man's bio?

"We" are "bosses" only in the sense that we have a little imput via the voting booth into whether or not these people get hired. That's it.

For many of those in Congress, EXCLUDING GRAYSON, their real bosses are big corporations, like, for example the corporations in the insurance industry (see Joe Liberman). That's where the campaign money comes from, and corporations make absolutely sure that they "buy" as many people in Congress who influence what happens in terms of regulations, laws, etc., which affect them as possible.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:13 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
But it's wrong to call Obama a liar.. You half baked, no common sense having, dim witted hypocrit liberals.
You did not even read the post that you just responded to. It was being pointed out to you that Grayson is fighting the "good fight". The fight that we as citizens cannot fight for ourselves. Grayson goes after corruption...what is wrong with you? Oh, I forgot, that's right, Michael Moore goes after the Corporate Fascists on behalf of the little guy and he is demonized. Grayson goes after the unbridled corruption within our government and he gets the same treatment. You people not only want to kill the messenger, you want to kill the soldiers that are actually in the battlefield attempting to protect your butts. Amazing!

Old 10-28-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Have you not heard that our elected reps have no business insulting citizens?

Stop trying to make excuses because we all know if this were a republican making anything close to a comment about a gay person, a black person, a hispanic person you would be all over that.

Now sit here and tell us all you would approve of a republican insulting a gay , black, hispanic, whatever
I told you in the last thread at least once that I would absolutely respect a Republican who calls out corruption for what it is.

"a gay , black, hispanic, whatever" -- sure, if they're corrupt! Jadex, you just dont seem to see.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:19 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Ha. Here's the audio of the K Street ***** comment. "They hired Enron's lobbyist. And why not? If you're doing Enron accounting why wouldnt you hire Enron's lobbyist?"

(But that's all right with you all, right?)

He doesnt call her by name, even though Alex Jones -- sensing press -- eagerly asked him. He doesnt say "she" or "her," either.

YouTube - Congressman Alan Grayson-K Street ***** is Going to Teach Me about Economics
Nice way to try and change it from his comment to her being a lobbyist, Give it a rest Obama has lobbyist in his white house and democrats arent upset with that.

This is about his comment and choice of words which is insulting. it doesnt matter what he calls her by or doesnt if he says her name or doesnt.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Nice way to try and change it from his comment to her being a lobbyist, Give it a rest Obama has lobbyist in his white house and democrats arent upset with that.

This is about his comment and choice of words which is insulting. it doesnt matter what he calls her by or doesnt if he says her name or doesnt.

How could I change the audio?! I quoted the Enron line because it's the lead-in. For God's sake.

You can listen to the interview by clicking the blue italicized sentence in the post above.

3,857 posts, read 4,215,205 times
Quote:
OMG do you understand that doesnt matter

Now come on back and brag about his education and how he got it while excusing his lack of using it because he couldnt have possibly found a better word to use.
Ahhhh, small-minded, naive folks just don't seem to get hardball politics..... Jade.

I would suggest that it precisely because of his education, intelligence, and strength (having been an enormously successful businessman in the past) that he UNDERSTANDS what it takes to be a Congress person who will fight the good fight for those who have almost no voice.

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
No he is insulting citizens of this country that he is paid to work for.

Are you allowed to insult your boss and get away with it? Walk up to your boss and call him a name and see what happens to you, This is why they have this attitude that they can say and do whatever they want because there people now make excuses for them instead of holding them accountable
You've got it a bit backwards or inside out or upside down or whatever. Robertson is working for the big corporations that are working to marginalize the average American and obliterate the middle class. Enron means nothing to you? The name synonymous with corruption, thievery and fraud? Grayson on the other hand is working for us to expose government fraud and Robertson is part of the probem. Her being a citizen has not hindered her from working against the best interests of her fellow citizens and your outrage is seriously misplaced. I think that you need to rethink what is really going on here.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:24 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I told you in the last thread at least once that I would absolutely respect a Republican who calls out corruption for what it is.

"a gay , black, hispanic, whatever" -- sure, if they're corrupt! Jadex, you just dont seem to see.
Thats the problem. You shouldnt support any elected rep calling any citizen an insulting name.

You just dont seem to see that this leads to corruption. You dont seem to see that by saying Hey its ok if you insult this person because of this reason. We'll over look that. Then next thing you know they say, Hey I insulted so and so and it was fine heck democrats even sent me money, So I can get away with insulting this person also. What else can I get away with?

Then next thing you know you have a gov that knows they dont have to answer to us, That they work for themselves once elected. They can keep telling us whatever they want to just to win election.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You've got it a bit backwards or inside out or upside down or whatever. Robertson is working for the big corporations that are working to marginalize the average American and obliterate the middle class. Enron means nothing to you? The name synonymous with corruption, thievery and fraud? Grayson on the other hand is working for us to expose government fraud and Robertson is part of the probem. Her being a citizen has not hindered her from working against the best interests of her fellow citizens and your outrage is seriously misplaced. I think that you need to rethink what is really going on here.
I really believe what's absolutely the most important thing to them is that they not be disturbed in their white-picket bubble with the doilies on the back.

They pretend to care about important issues such as corruption at the Fed but when it comes down to it they're willing to get rid of the guy who's trying to stop it, why? Because he's not the doily type and wont pretend to be one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies