Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2009, 10:27 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
So would you like him if he called your mother,sister,daughter, neice someone in your family that? Just asking
If a relative was shilling for the Federal Reserve I'd be like Grayson. But then again none of my relatives are undermining the economy.

I see what you are saying, kinda like you can pick on your brother but an outsider can't. Protecting your family or friend. Same with many Republicans and Democrats. When the agenda fits them it's okay but when the other side does something similar it's wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 10:28 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Do you really think that Grayson is dependent upon his salary as a Congressman in order to "live"? Have you even bothered to look at the man's bio?

"We" are "bosses" only in the sense that we have a little imput via the voting booth into whether or not these people get hired. That's it.

For many of those in Congress, EXCLUDING GRAYSON, their real bosses are big corporations, like, for example the corporations in the insurance industry (see Joe Liberman). That's where the campaign money comes from, and corporations make absolutely sure that they "buy" as many people in Congress who influence what happens in terms of regulations, laws, etc., which affect them as possible.
- I dont care what the mans bio is. This isnt about who pays that salary and who he works for. You claim he doesnt work for the big corp then you would think he wouldnt insult a citizen of this country because he knows who he does work for

Old 10-28-2009, 10:28 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Thats the problem. You shouldnt support any elected rep calling any citizen an insulting name.

You just dont seem to see that this leads to corruption. You dont seem to see that by saying Hey its ok if you insult this person because of this reason. We'll over look that. Then next thing you know they say, Hey I insulted so and so and it was fine heck democrats even sent me money, So I can get away with insulting this person also. What else can I get away with?

Then next thing you know you have a gov that knows they dont have to answer to us, That they work for themselves once elected. They can keep telling us whatever they want to just to win election.
That's just so... untethered to grown-up reality. And, you know, in the thread about the SC hypocrite with the prostitute girl in the cemetery, you defended him with, "People make mistakes...."

Just so strange....

Old 10-28-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

How could I change the audio?! I quoted the Enron line because it's the lead-in. For God's sake.

You can listen to the interview by clicking the blue italicized sentence in the post above.
LMAO Who said anything about changing the audio?

I dont care if shes a lobbyist , a lawyer, working at jack in the box. He has no business insulting a citizen you are bringing up her being a lobbyist to try and get outrage from her being a lobbyist to make an excuse for him insulting a citizen.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:32 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
- I dont care what the mans bio is. This isnt about who pays that salary and who he works for. You claim he doesnt work for the big corp then you would think he wouldnt insult a citizen of this country because he knows who he does work for
He IS working for YOU, or trying to, and the sex of the Enron attorney/Fed lobbyist didnt matter. Please try to make yourself understand that. You dont have to believe it, just try to understand it.
Quote:
LMAO Who said anything about changing the audio?

I dont care if shes a lobbyist , a lawyer, working at jack in the box. He has no business insulting a citizen you are bringing up her being a lobbyist to try and get outrage from her being a lobbyist to make an excuse for him insulting a citizen.
He was talking about her professional role, not about her. Okay, Ive tried as best I could.

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Thats the problem. You shouldnt support any elected rep calling any citizen an insulting name.

You just dont seem to see that this leads to corruption. You dont seem to see that by saying Hey its ok if you insult this person because of this reason. We'll over look that. Then next thing you know they say, Hey I insulted so and so and it was fine heck democrats even sent me money, So I can get away with insulting this person also. What else can I get away with?

Then next thing you know you have a gov that knows they dont have to answer to us, That they work for themselves once elected. They can keep telling us whatever they want to just to win election.
What????

Grayson does not need anyone's money BTW. That is one of the reasons that we like him. What do you think that he wants to get away with? Chewing gum while Congress is in session?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Ahhhh, small-minded, naive folks just don't seem to get hardball politics..... Jade.

I would suggest that it precisely because of his education, intelligence, and strength (having been an enormously successful businessman in the past) that he UNDERSTANDS what it takes to be a Congress person who will fight the good fight for those who have almost no voice.
Hard ball politics? Come on now is there no level some wont sink to try and make an excuse for this.

lets just accept insulting citizens because its hard ball politics lets not demand change.

Oh wait didnt Obama promise us change we can believe in?

He cant fight without insulting?

Old 10-28-2009, 10:34 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
That's just so... untethered to grown-up reality. And, you know, in the thread about the SC hypocrite with the prostitute girl in the cemetery, you defended him with, "People make mistakes...."

Just so strange....
Thanks for pointing that out...I'll go check it out for myself.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:

Just so strange....
Nice of you to leave out the part of me actually saying

I said that he lost his job good. I also said if he paid for or hired this person he should be charged. <<< to you that is making excuses

Now if he slept with an adult that agreed to sleep with him how is that any of my or your business? The part about him making a mistake is because someone brought up his family values.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:37 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,213,975 times
Quote:
You're confused. Very confused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies