Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2009, 05:48 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
He's a democrat. Nothing will happen to him. It's simple.
Unfortunately, I think I agree with you. I guess there's a first time for everything.

I think it's pitiful that Grayson is being held up by some as an example of what other Democrats should be like. Ted Kennedy didn't use Grayson's type of language; was Kennedy a wimp? Neither did Paul Wellstone; was Wellstone weak?

Some people don't understand that you don't have to be a bully in order to be respected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 06:00 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
WASHINGTON — The Florida Democrat who said Republicans want sick people to "die quickly" is apologizing again for his inflammatory rhetoric, this time for insulting a senior Federal Reserve adviser using a derogatory term for women.

Amid growing criticism from across the political spectrum, Rep. Alan Grayson said late Tuesday it was inappropriate for him to call Fed adviser Linda Robertson a "K Street wh*re" during an interview last month on the "Alex Jones Show," a syndicated talk radio program.

The Associated Press: 'Die quickly' Democrat kicks up new controversy

I don't understand the appeal of this guy. I don't even understand how he became a Congressman. As a Democrat, he doesn't speak for me, that's for sure. I think he's an embarrassment to the party, and I hope he has a serious challenger in his next primary election.
If he thought he could sing, he'd be on American Idol to get attention. It must be tough being a nobody in Congress but he pulls a little drama queen act (see Lindsey Graham for the master of that art) and not only gets his mug on TV, finally, but gets the President to notice him. And for what? So people now can add his name to the list of Congressional Low Approvals?

Old 10-28-2009, 06:22 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
The new darling of the radical left, (as witnessed by the usual suspects applauding him on this thread), look for this buffoon to go under Obamas bus as he continues with his polarizing rhetoric.

Where is N.O.W to denounce this classless bum or are they too partisan to get involved?

I can't believe some of you idiots are O.K. with this. Yes you are idiots!

Old 10-28-2009, 06:26 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Well, I think the guy could've been a little more I don't know, polite in his ranting. There's no need for names, I don't like it when the repubs do it & I don't like when the libs do it. As libs, we should be better than that.
OMG we agree

Finally Thank you about time someone says that. We might be making progress for this country

Enough of this republicans did it so democrats can do it or democrats did it so republicans can do it

Old 10-28-2009, 06:28 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
You are delusional. You listen to Rush too much. You're trying to tell a liberal what a liberal knows or thinks and, like Rush, you're wrong.
I'd say that 20% of the population makes you a minority. Do you disagree?

Old 10-28-2009, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Eh...he's standing up for us.

Many expletives (among other things) are needed for those who are pillaging our country with their greed.
No he is insulting citizens of this country that he is paid to work for.

Are you allowed to insult your boss and get away with it? Walk up to your boss and call him a name and see what happens to you, This is why they have this attitude that they can say and do whatever they want because there people now make excuses for them instead of holding them accountable

Old 10-28-2009, 06:37 AM

841 posts, read 2,260,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I don't understand the appeal of this guy. I don't even understand how he became a Congressman. As a Democrat, he doesn't speak for me, that's for sure. I think he's an embarrassment to the party, and I hope he has a serious challenger in his next primary election.
LOL what a coward

Old 10-28-2009, 06:50 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
He's showoffy, showboat-y but a lot of lawyers are, and a lot of overachievers are. The "bigger than life" kind of guy.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:58 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
No he is insulting citizens of this country that he is paid to work for.

Are you allowed to insult your boss and get away with it? Walk up to your boss and call him a name and see what happens to you, This is why they have this attitude that they can say and do whatever they want because there people now make excuses for them instead of holding them accountable
Well the voters will decide if they like him or not when they decide if they want to let him keep his job.

Personally I like the guy.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Well the voters will decide if they like him or not when they decide if they want to let him keep his job.

Personally I like the guy.
Dont you get that is the problem. Of course you like this guy because hes a democrat now if this were a republican saying this about someone. I doubt you would like them so much for speaking their mind.

Also he is in a republican district its doubtful hes going to keep his job thats why he keeps getting his face on tv like this cause he knows hes got to raise cash to fight to win again.

So tell me this can you insult your boss? Can you walk up to your boss and call them this or any other slur?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies