Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2009, 02:12 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,610,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Todd and I, we’re looking at more than half a million dollars in legal bills just in order to set the record straight. And what about the people who offer up these silly accusations? It doesn't cost them a dime. ... My staff and I spend most of our days, we're dealing with this stuff instead of progressing our state now.

FNC Highlights Baseless Lawsuits Hitting Palin | NewsBusters.org

A transcript of the unedited interview of Sarah Palin by Charles Gibson clearly shows that ABC News edited out crucial portions of the interview that showed Palin as knowledgeable or presented her answers out of context.

ABC News Edited Out Key Parts of Sarah Palin Interview | NewsBusters.org

What you believe about Sarah Palin is based on the largest and sleaziest smear campaign ever in the history of the nation. The left leaning press, working hand in hand with the DNC, has set out destroy this woman because they immediately recognized how dangerous she could be to their common agenda.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/13/ar...on/13hoax.html

Palin and CNN - Byron York - The Corner on National Review Online=

Palin Rumors | Explorations

When someone moves on to something else, they quit what they were doing before. The whole quitter thing is just another desperate attempt to smear her.

P.S. I quit smoking 27 years ago. I guess I'm a quitter too.

If you had read any of my posts back on the election board during the election you would have seen that I agree with you --- she was unfairly slimed, the left was gunning for her and they had no problem throwing sh*t on her children. It was despicable.

But....She did not quit smoking (and good for you on that! I'm also a former smoker), she did not quit any other type of bad habit. She quit her job...her job she campaigned for, her job that was entrusted to her by the people of Alaska. Any way you slice it, thats pretty bad. Now whether she quit because she knew eventually someone would uncover something that could be legitmately used against her or she quit so that she could begin campaigning for a spot on the 2012 ticket....well, its anyones guess.

And I might add that she had just as big of a 'reverend' problem as Obama. It was fair and correct for the reps to question Obama about his relationship with Wright and what influences Wright may have had on him. It was completely hypocritical of the reps to not question Palin on her rev who spoke in tongues and gave money to witch doctors who murdered people back in Africa.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 04:19 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,313,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I agree with you that democrats are beside themselves with joy that levi johnston turned out to be a famewh*re. I'm sure the daily kos will run with everything and anything he has to say about palin.

Sadly I also think that johnston is not that unique --- look at Mtvs 'the real world' and hell, just about any reality show. The culture that this newest generation is growing up with values verbal diarrhea. There is nothing too personal to not put on Youtube. Don't get me wrong, I still think he is slime but I don't think he is unique.
I would love to think you are wrong: I have been around a lot of young people lately because of my relationship with my granddaughters. They are a few years older, but not much. The kids I know, may not think the way I do, I wouldn't expect them to, but they certainly are not a carbon copy of him. Maybe it has to do with education and where in our country you live, what kind of family you call mom and dad, etc..

I guess we were all kids at one time, and probably pretty much jerks in a the view of our parents, but not like him...or I hope not anyway.

Nita

Old 11-02-2009, 04:22 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,313,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Todd and I, we’re looking at more than half a million dollars in legal bills just in order to set the record straight. And what about the people who offer up these silly accusations? It doesn't cost them a dime. ... My staff and I spend most of our days, we're dealing with this stuff instead of progressing our state now.

FNC Highlights Baseless Lawsuits Hitting Palin | NewsBusters.org

A transcript of the unedited interview of Sarah Palin by Charles Gibson clearly shows that ABC News edited out crucial portions of the interview that showed Palin as knowledgeable or presented her answers out of context.

ABC News Edited Out Key Parts of Sarah Palin Interview | NewsBusters.org

What you believe about Sarah Palin is based on the largest and sleaziest smear campaign ever in the history of the nation. The left leaning press, working hand in hand with the DNC, has set out destroy this woman because they immediately recognized how dangerous she could be to their common agenda.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/13/ar...on/13hoax.html

Palin and CNN - Byron York - The Corner on National Review Online=

Palin Rumors | Explorations

When someone moves on to something else, they quit what they were doing before. The whole quitter thing is just another desperate attempt to smear her.

P.S. I quit smoking 27 years ago. I guess I'm a quitter too.
I completely agree with you and they accomplished what they were after. That is why I doubt she will run for President...Between now and then all this will die down, but just let her decide to run. I thought from the beginning, she had just about taken all she could and just said: that's it!!!!

Nita

Old 11-02-2009, 04:34 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,609,741 times
Who cares what he says or thinks about Palin? I just wanna know when is Levi Johnston gonna show his johnson?!?!?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies