Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 06:40 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ah yes, Did ya see the visit where he ridiculed the soldiers terrible wounds by comparing them to a scratch he had gotten on his hands "cutting brush" (the only chore he knows about on a ranch).

Did you know that Bush and his handlers CREATED the dead and wounded?
That's what made me SO sick and then he denies the press the right to publicize the arrival of the MANY dead back to their home soil. No justification for that other then to try and keep a war popular, in other words for the lame minded, its called DECEPTION.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:55 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Honestly, NOTHING you say has any validity because NOTHING Obama could do would be good enough for you. You have partisan blinders on.
Obama could cure world hunger and you would fault him for the population boom. You would ALWAYS find fault with him NO MATTER WHAT. That is clear to anyone reading your statements with an ounce of critical thinking so why don't you leave the thread, your embarrassing yourself and boring the rest of us.
Honestly, NOTHING you say has any validity because EVERYTHING obama does gets a pass from you.

Obama could admit to being an axe murderer and still you would find reason to defend/excuse him.

This is clear to anyone with an ounce of critical, objective thinking, so why don't you leave the thread free of your rote, predictable answers.

Quote:
You have no objectivity so there is in fact no point in reading your comments so why make them.
And you do? Right back at ya.

Quote:
I'm not embarrassed at all and given the number of rep points WITH statements I got thanking me for saying what I did, I would say my comments are right on the mark.
I love it when people bring up rep points as a way to give credibility to their statements - you can say it til the cows come home, won't make it true and the more important point; somehow the notion that rep points from leftists on the board mean....anything in terms of credibility and the "rightness" of a comment is ridiculous.

Last edited by sanrene; 10-30-2009 at 07:04 AM..

Old 10-30-2009, 06:59 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
We lost a number of guys in Somalia on Clinton's watch. But it's true that Clinton didn't get us into that scrape. It was daddy Bush who sent in the Marines and Army in December 1992. Clinton inherited that mess the next month.

So, I guess it's another case of "like father, like son"...
>>>> And just as aptly, like Bush, Like Obama...

Old 10-30-2009, 07:06 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Honestly, NOTHING you say has any validity because EVERYTHING obama does gets a pass from you.

Obama could admit to being an axe murderer and still you would find reason to defend/excuse him.

This is clear to anyone with an ounce of critical, objective thinking, so why don't you leave the thread free of your rote, predictable answers.

And you do? Right back at ya.

I love it when people bring up rep points as a way to give credibility to their statements - you can say it til the cows come home, won't make it true and the more important point; somehow the notion that rep points from leftists on the board mean....anything in terms of credibility and the "rightness" of a comment is ridiculous.
I have never been a person to assume someone has done something perfectly because of the party he is in, unlike you. You could never, would never admit that a Democrat had done something right. You and others like you are a sign of the deep ignorance of this country.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:11 AM

Quote:
I apologize, I should have looked at where you are from and touched on that. You are probably one of the deluded that wish you had Bush back in office.

One thing I can tell you is that in Texas there is NO black man in the world that would be good enough to be president, never mind a Democrat one. SO there's another reason to completely IGNORE everything you have to say. In the real world where people can see who a man is not by the color of his skin, Obama's achievements shine, in Texas he is more likely to be mis-identified for knocking over a local convenience store and put in jail. FACT, the majority of death row mistakes where made on black men, because the good people of Texas truly perform as if all black men look just alike.

Just in case you don't know how to use your chosen search engine to find a link here it is.
Innocence and the Death Penalty | Death Penalty Information Center

Texas is the state that can be proud to claim the white boys who took an elderly handicapped black man and drug him to death behind their truck, just because he was black. The black community PEACEABLY marched in demonstration while the white men guilty, strutted like proud peacocks.

You truly speak from a position of NO OBJECTIVITY.
Totally off topic and hysterical. Wow - talk about objectivity! You paint Texas with your broad race-bating brush based on one incident - which of the course pommy must be guilty of as well.

All you see is obama's skin color - that drives your criticism of his critics. In your mind, it certainly couldn't have anything to due with his policies, oh no.

I'd like to see those numbers where obama is shining...anywhere. He has very few accomplishments and those that have been implemented are abject failures, like the stimulus, cash4clunker, etc.

His polls number have gone from close to 70%, down to 50% in the span of 9 months - poll after poll say the people do not agree with his radical, liberal policies.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:13 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
I apologize, I should have looked at where you are from and touched on that. You are probably one of the deluded that wish you had Bush back in office.

One thing I can tell you is that in Texas there is NO black man in the world that would be good enough to be president, never mind a Democrat one. SO there's another reason to completely IGNORE everything you have to say. In the real world where people can see who a man is not by the color of his skin, Obama's achievements shine, in Texas he is more likely to be mis-identified for knocking over a local convenience store and put in jail. FACT, the majority of death row mistakes where made on black men, because the good people of Texas truly perform as if all black men look just alike.

Just in case you don't know how to use your chosen search engine to find a link here it is.
Innocence and the Death Penalty | Death Penalty Information Center

Texas is the state that can be proud to claim the white boys who took an elderly handicapped black man and drug him to death behind their truck, just because he was black. The black community PEACEABLY marched in demonstration while the white men guilty, strutted like proud peacocks.

You truly speak from a position of NO OBJECTIVITY.
Wow, just when I thought the left couldn't stoop any lower...wow.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:14 AM

Quote:
I have never been a person to assume someone has done something perfectly because of the party he is in, unlike you. You could never, would never admit that a Democrat had done something right. You and others like you are a sign of the deep ignorance of this country.
The ignorant are those that blindly refuse to admit what a failure he is so far. Half the nation now realizes what a mistake they made. They can look at his promises, pledges, policies and acknowledge he is nothing like who he said he was.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Wow, just when I thought the left couldn't stoop any lower...wow.
When there is nothing left to their debate, the personal attacks start.

There are many that feel he used the opportunity as a disgusting photo-op.

As if his presence/photos will make people forget or convince them that he is not on the verge of losing both conflicts.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:22 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

And you, who in another thread alleged Obama's decisions RE: barrage balloons and the cavalry would lead to the US being attacked again have any validity?

Old 10-30-2009, 08:13 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
I do agree with the sentiment that some are going to give Obama a free pass on everything as they are still on some election high, and he can do no wrong with any decision he makes. This is obviously extremely naive, and not productive. On the other hand it would seem that some would rather see the country go down the toilet than have it succeed under Obama's watch. Honestly he has been in office for under a year, and inherited an awful lot of this mess. The hatred, and derogatory name calling aimed at the man is very counter-productive. He is, lest we forget Commander-In-Chief, and went to pay respects to soldiers who died under his watch, and their families. Differing political views is absolutely neccessary for a country such as ours to succeed, but this partisan warfare is totally counter-productive to moving forward from this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies