Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 10:11 AM

56 posts, read 125,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What is so sad and tragic?

This is true democracy in action. The party's so-called "leaders" got behind a candidate who is not at all conservative. As a result, the constituents in the district stood up and said - "no way"!
As I understand it, Hoffman doesn't even live in this district. He can't even VOTE in the district he supposedly will represent.

In light of that, I find reference to "the constituents" in the district to be totally bizarre.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 10:28 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The real issue here; conservatives have said, "enough".
If they lose the district to a democrat, so be it.
Exactly. If they lose, so be it. But the political pendulum is swinging, and the libs can feel it.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:42 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
What a sad, tragic spectacle in New York.
The real reason you think Scazza suspending her campaign is "sad and tragic" - This lessens the likelihood the democrat can take the seat - lessens, not eliminates. Of course, you were happy as a clam when the 2 (R)'s were splitting the vote, resulting in the likelihood the democrat would take the seat.

Be honest.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:43 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,709,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What a sad, tragic spectacle in New York. At least I havent heard of the party chairman weighing in on who he supports, but it should be no surprise that Rush Limbaugh is not supporting the woman who was forced out.
What does RL have to do with this? It's like a mental disorder with you leftists, "Bush lied, Rush, neocons, blah, blah, blah..." For the record Rush is a huge supporter of SP and is on record supporting her run in '12.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:43 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
The way I see it, liberal Republicans will be the new Independents because Conservative Republicans are not going to back down and support some Democrat-lite GOP candidate no matter what the "we are the world" RNC says. I would not be surprised to see more third party conservative candidates if the GOP insists on running Dem-Lite Republicans and that's a good thing. I'd rather vote for a real conservative than a Republican who just mouths the "small government/less spending" words to get elected and then Olymipia Snowes us once in office.

All I can say is the people I vote for better be able to articulate how they are going to reverse Pelosi/Obama laws once in office. I'd mention Reid but he might not be around after the next election in Nevada.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:45 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,709,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darylyh View Post
As I understand it, Hoffman doesn't even live in this district. He can't even VOTE in the district he supposedly will represent.

In light of that, I find reference to "the constituents" in the district to be totally bizarre.
Can you show me the thread where you were angry that Robert Wexler, a liberal democrat, supposedly representing the Florida coast, listing his in-laws retirement community as his address, yet living full time in Maryland?

Old 10-31-2009, 05:27 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The way I see it, liberal Republicans will be the new Independents because Conservative Republicans are not going to back down and support some Democrat-lite GOP candidate no matter what the "we are the world" RNC says. I would not be surprised to see more third party conservative candidates if the GOP insists on running Dem-Lite Republicans and that's a good thing. I'd rather vote for a real conservative than a Republican who just mouths the "small government/less spending" words to get elected and then Olymipia Snowes us once in office.

All I can say is the people I vote for better be able to articulate how they are going to reverse Pelosi/Obama laws once in office. I'd mention Reid but he might not be around after the next election in Nevada.
Thats kind of odd.... I feel the same way about the Democrats. You give them a 70 seat majority in the House, a 20 seat majority in the Senate as well as the White House and Limbaugh and Hannity are still running the country. Nothing has changed from GW Bush.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:39 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times

Old 10-31-2009, 05:45 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Dee Dee pulled out. The Dems are a joke and the Republicans are a joke.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:46 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
That's the rumor. I think it has legs. Scozzafava has no chance, nada. Do you think the RNC will force her to concede? Hope so, repubs need to save face - I don't know what they were thinking with her. Especially with the base so energized, we are vetting everyone on both sides of the aisle.

And it's being rumored that the NRCC are only spending money on anti-Owens ads anymore. The RNC ground crews, additionally, are rumored to be pulling out and heading to New Jersey.

NRCC Pulling Out of NY-23? « Campaign Trail
I am in Syracuse right now and they are airing a ton of anti-Owens ads during the football games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies