Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2009, 09:52 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
And if you really know ancient history, you know that "whites" learned most of what they knew from Colored cilivations such as Egyptians, Middle East and Far East.

Yip...cant dispute that...Well aware of the Nautical advancements borrowed from African civilizations, the arithmetic and cosmic calculations borrowed from the Middle Easterners...heck, even recently many American colonists learned agriculture from both Native American and later African peoples. Greeks and Romans learned from colored civilizations as well.

But my broader point is that they have made contributions in the humanities, arts, and sciences that they have every right to be proud of. But not at the expense of ignoring the sacrifices and exploitation imposed upon other nations.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:52 PM

871 posts, read 1,631,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post
You could be right but how do you compare Romania or Bulgaria to some African countries like Ethiopia, Somalia or Sudan? It's not even close. Is it?
uh, I wasn't. But the middle-east is no fairy land either and they are caucasians.

Last edited by rory00; 11-02-2009 at 10:08 PM..

Old 11-02-2009, 09:53 PM

816 posts, read 1,947,454 times
Since we'd be the minority in 2040, I can start throwing race card out without being called racist.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I have also realized that you do not spell very well, leading me to wonder how educated really are about the world in which you live.
This guy is an F'n riot...lol I figured someone would point that out.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:54 PM

277 posts, read 368,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory00 View Post
middle-easterners are caucasian. you don't group all people as "of color" because they are not white europeans. that's technically erroneous. hell, even most italians, a lot of spaniards, or even greeks ad nauseum are people of color.
Sure they are. When you see them on the streets, you say "hey look at that caucasian."

Please. White for all intents and purposes are EUROPEANS. I wouldn't even include Greeks, Italians and Spaniards...they are all mixed up with arab blood too.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Yip...cant dispute that...Well aware of the Nautical advancements borrowed from African civilizations, the arithmetic and cosmic calculations borrowed from the Middle Easterners...heck, even recently many American colonist learned agriculture from both Native American and later African peoples. Greeks and Romans learned from colored civilizations as well.

But my broader point is that they have made contributions in the humanities, arts, and sciences that they have every right to be proud of. But not at the expense of ignoring the sacrifices and exploitation imposed upon other nations.
That's very stupid to equate all noneuropeans as 'colored' civilizations as if that's what binds them. It's not even technically correct as you even mentioned greeks but middle-easterners depending on country or region look no different from most greeks. many asians are whiter than europeans etc.

maybe you should stop daydreaming and wake up from this 'colored' vs noncolored idea you have. lol

Old 11-02-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
Sure they are. When you see them on the streets, you say "hey look at that caucasian."

Please. White for all intents and purposes are EUROPEANS. I wouldn't even include Greeks, Italians and Spaniards...they are all mixed up with arab blood too.
you are the one who wrote your post as if anyone that was noneuropean was not caucasian. go back and reread your post. you stated whites vs colored people which is really stupid.

i'm assuming you are probably african-american perhaps. i find it odd that most blacks decry being discriminated on the basis of skincolor but are the ones most often using the term 'colored' vs whites as if anyone not european must be of a different race.

white denotes more an ethnicity but most use it to refer to caucasians in general.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
That's very stupid to equate all noneuropeans as 'colored' civilizations as if that's what binds them. It's not even technically correct as you even mentioned greeks but middle-easterners depending on country or region look no different from most greeks. many asians are whiter than europeans etc.

maybe you should stop daydreaming and waking up from this 'colored' vs noncolored idea you have. lol
what are you talking about?...lol I didnt mention anything about any of this you are speaking about...

maybe you should put the liquor down, sober up for a sec, and reexamine what you are trying to say...because right about now you sound awfully ....what was that word ? .... "Stupid"

p.s. I used the word "colored" because that was the term that another poster chose to use when addressing one of my comments.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Yip...cant dispute that...Well aware of the Nautical advancements borrowed from African civilizations, the arithmetic and cosmic calculations borrowed from the Middle Easterners...heck, even recently many American colonists learned agriculture from both Native American and later African peoples. Greeks and Romans learned from colored civilizations as well.

I totally agree. It's when you think because you are white and the history behind that, that you feel you are better than the next guy is when the problem begins. It's happens way too much, even in this day and age. But, we are getting better, little by little.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
you are the one who wrote your post as if anyone that was noneuropean was not caucasian. go back and reread your post. you stated whites vs colored people which is really stupid.

i'm assuming you are probably african-american perhaps. i find it odd that most blacks decry being discriminated on the basis of skincolor but are the ones most often using the term 'colored' vs whites as if anyone not european must be of a different race.

white denotes more an ethnicity but most use it to refer to caucasians in general.
Wrong. Not black. German and Spanish blood.

Who invented this Caucasian label anyway? Whites????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies