Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 02:09 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I dont see what the problem is. As others have stated private ins. lets you choose the maternity rider. You are paying extra just like for vision and dental.

Just think what a gigantic money maker OBGYN is. If insurance stopped covering those procedures the medical field would take a huge hit.

I think there should be a rider for substance abuse, STDs, HIV and AIDs which takes life long care. I don't want to have to pay for those choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 02:10 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,781,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Well, see that's the thing about private insurance. You get to pick the coverage you want to have covered. Some may look closely at pregnancy and others like myself may be more interested in vision coverage.
That's IF the company wants to take you on if you're buying health insurance for yourself.

One insurance company told a woman they'd gladly cover if she was sterilized first.

It just puzzles me how some call themselves pro-life are on the health insurance industry's side.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I think there should be a rider for substance abuse, STDs, HIV and AIDs which takes life long care. I don't want to have to pay for those choices.
I'll give you substance abuse but you do realize some people acquire STDs via sexual assault?

As I recall, no one chooses to be raped.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:12 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,008,838 times
Quote:

how many people actually say.. hey I t hink I'm going to become a drug user or contract and STD before they actually find themselves with those conditions / situations. That's just being completely ridiculous thinking that you can pick and choose whatever ends up ailing you.

If we could, none of us would chose to get sick with anything!!

Old 11-02-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
I'll give you substance abuse but you do realize some people acquire STDs via sexual assault?

As I recall, no one chooses to be raped.

While those cases would only make up a miniscule amount of STDs by rape, it could be covered under victim assistance.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:15 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,758,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I wonder how many people in their 60s would actually be able to afford a policy that potentially covers ventilators, dialysis, round-the-clock nurses and the like.

First, they would have to find an insurance carrier that would cover pre-existing conditions - good luck - and then the premium would be something that only a person that made 6 figures plus could afford.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:17 PM

36,503 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
I dont even know if my ins. would cover those things. Just as their are riders there are also exclusions. Of course that is private insurance.

We are already paying those things for those that can not pay. What are ya going to do?

Old 11-02-2009, 02:17 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,307,384 times
I think it should only cover it for Republicans (or the scarce Democrat) who is pro-life. Since the collective ideology of the liberal party is that it's just a blob of cells or a parasite I see no reason to spend scarce resources on their blob until after it is born and is technically a human, at least in their view.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
how many people actually say.. hey I t hink I'm going to become a drug user or contract and STD before they actually find themselves with those conditions / situations. That's just being completely ridiculous thinking that you can pick and choose whatever ends up ailing you.

If we could, none of us would chose to get sick with anything!!

Why is it ridiculous? If you are in a monogomus relationsip there is no risk of STD's. Having multiple partners and engaging in other high-risk sex is a choice. Taking part in substance abuse is a choice. Why should the rest of the people pay for someone's stupid choices?

Having a baby is a natural part of life.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Why is it ridiculous? If you are in a monogomus relationsip there is no risk of STD's. Having multiple partners and engaging in other high-risk sex is a choice. Taking part in substance abuse is a choice. Why should the rest of the people pay for someone's stupid choices?

Having a baby is a natural part of life.
::falls on floor laughing::

Having a BABY is a choice along with abusing drugs, having multiple partners, and engaging in high-risk sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies