Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2009, 12:39 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,463,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
There is nothing militant about Phil Kline...
Not a militant, eh? How about obsessed religious bigot who couldn't have cared less about underage sexual abuse and was interested only in using any law he could find to harass and intimidate those who disagreed with him? Is that a better fit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 01:08 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,199,491 times
Quote:
Since when did adoption become a dirty word? Most of us know an adopted person and they are doing just fine in their adopted home. Planned Parenthood won't push for adoption since abortion brings in more money for them.
And who'll take them in? Not just the adorable wide-eyed ones that you see in the commercials, the inner city kids from tough backgrounds and the special needs kids as well.

Old 11-14-2009, 04:37 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,006,208 times
Quote:
Some children do not do well so let's kill all of them. Not a good rational. See how stupid we get when we play God. And some want to kill the children of the poor just because they may grow up and go to jail.
I never said to kill anyone. I gave you reasons why some adoption is not always the "blessing" some think it is. it is not always the way to go and said that a percentage of woman who can't or won't put their children up for adoption often, the child born lives under terrible circumstanced. again not my choice, these decisions should always be left up to the individual.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:16 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,499,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Abortion is a money-losing proposition for Planned Parenthood.
Then why did Abby Johnson say Planned Parenthood pushes for abortion to get the money? Maybe they like the subsidies they get from rich donors. Whatever, abortion is a big business and a big money maker.

Tiller lived in a huge mansion here. He had other properties in other states. You can't buy those kind of things without getting mega money somewhere.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:18 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,568,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Abortion is a money-losing proposition for Planned Parenthood. Only the very well-to-do pay the actual costs. The rest are heavily subsidized by the generous contributions of compassionate individuals, organizations, and corporations.

Planned Parenthood makes information about adoption available to pregnant girls and women who seek advice. For example...

Thinking About Adoption

Teens & Adoption
Praise Planned Parenthood for helping out the women of today.

I will be sending them a donation soon.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I never said to kill anyone. I gave you reasons why some adoption is not always the "blessing" some think it is. it is not always the way to go and said that a percentage of woman who can't or won't put their children up for adoption often, the child born lives under terrible circumstanced. again not my choice, these decisions should always be left up to the individual.
Girls and women are unnecessarily scared about horror stories on adoption. My sister adopted and I think most of us know people who have adopted or a person who was adopted. We know most of them turn out just fine.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:22 PM

The reality of abortion - YouTube-style Charlie Butts - OneNewsNow - 11/14/2009 4:05:00 AM

[LEFT]A video describing a first-trimester abortion -- produced by Priests for Life and published on YouTube -- has reached a milestone.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]
The YouTube video has been viewed more than a million times. Spokeswoman Janet Morana tells OneNewsNow that Father Frank Pavone of Priests for Life plays host as he describes in direct but delicate terms just exactly what happens during an abortion.

Using a fetal model and actual tools of abortion, Pavone says "this instrument I have in my hands was actually used to kill babies in the way that I'm about to describe" -- adding that "this is the gruesome reality of what abortion is."

Morana says the frequency of the viewing of the three-minute video makes her group hopeful -- because the problem in society, she feels, is that the words "abortion" and "choice" have lost their meaning and people are not sure about what happens during an abortion.

"And so by people viewing this first-trimester [abortion] description...along with seeing those little fetal models -- that this is the size of the baby that's actually being ripped apart in this procedure -- I think it's heightening the awareness [to the point where people understand] this really is a well-formed child, even in the first trimester," she says.

Education, she adds, is one of the keys in the pro-life movement. "We have testimonies on our website of people who have seen this YouTube [video], who have seen the other graphic images and the procedures that we have available on the Priests for Life website...and we have testimonies that people have been converted."

Morana encourages people who encounter others who claim to be pro-abortion or "pro-choice" to motivate them to see the video.[/LEFT]

Old 11-14-2009, 08:25 PM

Default Priests for Life web site

Abortion - Pro Life - Click Here to See What Abortion Looks Like

Baby Body Parts

[LEFT]Priests for Life has known for some time of the grisly trade in baby parts taking place in abortion facilities throughout the nation. Through the efforts of our friends at Life Dynamics, Inc., the details of this trade have come to light. You may obtain from Life Dynamics (1-800-401-6494) copies of the actual order forms used. Some of the forms request that there be no abnormalities. Many mistakenly think that abortions in later stages of pregnancy are performed only in cases of fetal abnormality.

Fetal tissue wholesalers are companies which place employees in abortion clinics to harvest tissue, limbs, organs, etc. from aborted babies. This material is then shipped to researchers working for universities, pharmaceutical companies and government agencies. Although it is against federal law to sell human tissue or body parts, these organizations have devised a system to circumvent this restriction. Technically, all fetal material they harvest is "donated" to them by the clinics. However, they do pay a "site fee" to the clinics for the right to access the tissue. The tissue is then "donated" to the researchers who in turn pay the wholesalers for the cost of retrieval. Profit is realized by the wholesalers' ability to set their own retrieval fees.[/LEFT]

Old 11-14-2009, 08:25 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,568,901 times
Quote:
The reality of abortion - YouTube-style Charlie Butts - OneNewsNow - 11/14/2009 4:05:00 AM

[LEFT]A video describing a first-trimester abortion -- produced by Priests for Life and published on YouTube -- has reached a milestone.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]
The YouTube video has been viewed more than a million times. Spokeswoman Janet Morana tells OneNewsNow that Father Frank Pavone of Priests for Life plays host as he describes in direct but delicate terms just exactly what happens during an abortion.

Using a fetal model and actual tools of abortion, Pavone says "this instrument I have in my hands was actually used to kill babies in the way that I'm about to describe" -- adding that "this is the gruesome reality of what abortion is."

Morana says the frequency of the viewing of the three-minute video makes her group hopeful -- because the problem in society, she feels, is that the words "abortion" and "choice" have lost their meaning and people are not sure about what happens during an abortion.

"And so by people viewing this first-trimester [abortion] description...along with seeing those little fetal models -- that this is the size of the baby that's actually being ripped apart in this procedure -- I think it's heightening the awareness [to the point where people understand] this really is a well-formed child, even in the first trimester," she says.

Education, she adds, is one of the keys in the pro-life movement. "We have testimonies on our website of people who have seen this YouTube [video], who have seen the other graphic images and the procedures that we have available on the Priests for Life website...and we have testimonies that people have been converted."

Morana encourages people who encounter others who claim to be pro-abortion or "pro-choice" to motivate them to see the video.[/LEFT]
Next time, do a better job of posting.

And I watched it. I am still pro choice...or better yet pro abortion.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:34 PM

If abortion is so good why isn't it shown on TV just like any other operation is shown? If people see what happens more and more people would be against them. Not good for those who make money from the industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies