Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2009, 07:26 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
We are finding dead children across America, in garbage dumps and lakes. Would a loving deity plan for a child to be born unwanted, live neglected and abused and then killed because they're inconvenient, like Susan Smith? Anyone who's ever worked in pediatrics have seen things done to children that pale in comparison to sterile, safe abortions. If one believes that an innocent soul goes directly to Heaven, there should be comfort in that: They didn't live to be shaken to death, physically abused, neglected, burned with cigarettes and boiling water, tiny bones broken...just remembering what I've seen makes me ill.

They will use any excuse to kill a baby with abortion. "That child may get abused, neglected or be unwanted so we should just kill it because death is so much better"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 07:44 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh, I see. The populace at large she be responsible for the irresponsible. There are plenty of people looking to adopt babies, in fact the demand is very high, so that is a moot point of course.

Of course, the poor, poor woman that let's herself get pregnant is the victim, right?

Would love to watch you watch such a video.
The woman is not at all a victim. The woman got herself pregnant she should have to figure out her own solution, which may or may not include abortion. The "populace" should stay the heck out of her body because they have no business there. And if "the populous" cares so much about what a women does with her body they should have to pay to play.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:53 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
People who are pro-choice usually do not have a clue how an actual abortion procedure looks.They have never seen the aftermath of the procedure (ie the tissue of an unborn child) being placed into a medical waste depository. They have never actually dealt with a woman or girl who has to deal with the emotional and psychological fallout from their decision.

Many times pro-choice people are too busy dealing in "theory and abstract" and not the cold, hard difficult reality of a woman/girl choosing to end a life for the sake of conveniece or timing.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
People who are pro-choice usually do not have a clue how an actual abortion procedure looks.They have never seen the aftermath of the procedure (ie the tissue of an unborn child) being placed into a medical waste depository. They have never actually dealt with a woman or girl who has to deal with the emotional and psychological fallout from their decision.

Many times pro-choice people are too busy dealing in "theory and abstract" and not the cold, hard difficult reality of a woman/girl choosing to end a life for the sake of conveniece or timing.
Quite frankly, that is not true. For one do you honestly not think numerous people who work in abortion clinics and other abortion service providers do not see the reality of abortion? Secondly, do you honestly not think that most people have not seen the abortion pictures protesters hold up all over the place? Additionally, do you honestly not think that a great deal of people who are pro-choice are exactly that way because they have had to deal with a friend, S.O. or relative that has had to make that horrible choice?

You are just pontificating from on high without any real evidence.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:02 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
Quote:

You forgot the people who were pro-choice before having an abortion, pro-choice while they had the abortion & pro-choice after having the abortion. I'd say they were in the front lines of the whole thing, wouldn't you?

Old 11-02-2009, 08:07 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
You forgot the people who were pro-choice before having an abortion, pro-choice while they had the abortion & pro-choice after having the abortion. I'd say they were in the front lines of the whole thing, wouldn't you?
Or the many women who are pro life before the abortion, pro choice during, and pro life after. I know more than 1 of those.... seems odd to me.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:07 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
The woman is not at all a victim. The woman got herself pregnant she should have to figure out her own solution, which may or may not include abortion. The "populace" should stay the heck out of her body because they have no business there. And if "the populous" cares so much about what a women does with her body they should have to pay to play.
She got herself pregnant?

Heck of a trick if you ask me.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:12 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post

I was once very pro-life....until I had to deal with it personally. It changes your perspective.

Seeing a picture on a sign is not as effective as seeing video of the procedure or seeing the actual tissue of an aborted "fetus" in person; the impact is very different.

I am not a protester. I don't stand outside of abortion clinics holding signs. I would never scream at a complete stranger about her choice.

However, I do wish that more emphasis was placed on prevention, education and a sense of morals. I also wish that many women/girls didn't use abortion as a means of birth control.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
She got herself pregnant?

Heck of a trick if you ask me.
Heh you know what I mean. Though the better way of putting it would be she did not prevent herself from getting pregnant, (with the exception of rape of course)

Old 11-02-2009, 08:19 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
Quote:
I was once very pro-life....until I had to deal with it personally. It changes your perspective.

Seeing a picture on a sign is not as effective as seeing video of the procedure or seeing the actual tissue of an aborted "fetus" in person; the impact is very different.

I am not a protester. I don't stand outside of abortion clinics holding signs. I would never scream at a complete stranger about her choice.

However, I do wish that more emphasis was placed on prevention, education and a sense of morals. I also wish that many women/girls didn't use abortion as a means of birth control.
I dealt w/it as well. And it didn't change my stance at all. Especially w/those people yelling at me on the way in. I don't think abortion should be a means of birth control as well & there is a very very small minority who use it as such. Just as there is a very very small minority who have abortions beyond the 1st trimester. Those are the pictures that are used, scare tactics. That is not an accurate representation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies