Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 08:42 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Wow, birth control for men would be great -- too bad it doesn't exist past vasectomies and condoms.

If people on this thread talk more about female empowerment and contraception it is because those are things that can be changed and/or utilized. I mean, if you want to play pretend then sure --- lets make contraception for men and women look and taste like chocolate bars. And then lets make it have the side effects of weight loss and the cure for male patterened baldness.

I do like the idea of some kind of tax rebate for having a vasectomy, though.
If men ever had to take birth control, it would be upsetting for them.

They have to lose their manliness and pride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 08:44 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
If men ever had to take birth control, it would be upsetting for them.

They have to lose their manliness and pride.

Hey, I agree with you. I don't think that it is any coincidance that pharmaceutical companies found a cure for erectile dysfunction but not a little blue pill for male contraception.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:45 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kek1993 View Post
Interesting how almost every single post here, says "women need more education, women need to use birth control, women..."

How about birth control for men?
How about free vasectomys, and cash incentives for men to have the surgery? Like, $4000 for every vasectomy.

How about chemical castration for all men, until they get married?

Birth Control for heterosexual men? Keep these shots handy, these would kill ANY sudden lust or impulses:

Old 11-03-2009, 11:36 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,941,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Which gender has the almost inability to control their desire? Which gender is controlled by their genitals? Just for the sake of an argument, let's say that gender should be the responsible one.
So men are halfway responsible for pregnancy. that's fine. That's why men pay child support.

But just because a woman gets pregnant doesn't mean she has to get an abortion. That's a choice that she and she alone made.

An abortion is solely a woman's choice, and so are all the responsibilities and consequences of such.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:37 PM

691 posts, read 2,329,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
So men are halfway responsible for pregnancy. that's fine. That's why men pay child support.

But just because a woman gets pregnant doesn't mean she has to get an abortion. That's a choice that she and she alone made.

An abortion is solely a woman's choice, and so are all the responsibilities and consequences of such.
Oh, that is rich. Let's talk about sex, men do not seem to "process" the consequences of sex. Women do. Birth control is not always 100% effective. So, then the woman is pregnant, and goes to the man, and many times, he acts like it is NOT his problem at all. And believe me, sending a check once a month for child support does not even come close to what it takes to go thru a pregnancy, give birth, and take care of a child, or give a child up for adoption. The comparison does not even merit acknowlegement.

Please don't talk to me about responsibilities. I have met so many women who have been bailed on by men, and raise children alone.

I know of someone who was pregnant, in a "committed" relationship, and the man told her when she was pregnant that he changed his mind, wanted her to move out, and gave her a check for $500 to get an abortion, all in one sentence. As far as he was concerned, his "responsibility" was over.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:54 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Put condom dispensers in various locations so that the public could easily have access to free contraception.

Put public service announcements with pictures of STD's on prime time tv running so often people have nightmares about catching a disease.

Run a primetime special about how abortions are performed, with all the gory pictures.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:59 PM

43 posts, read 50,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
gee how "pro life" of you. don't kill a fetus but go ahead and kill the woman who has an abortion. you are talking out of both sides of your mouth.
I'm quite sure those people above were being facetious about that... but since you brought up the contradiction we might as well note that
the left refuses to terminate a convicted serial killer but happy to terminate an innocent unborn baby for a couple thousand bucks.
Way to take the higher moral ground there lefties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies