Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 03:31 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I say slap him on a water boarding table and lets see how his memory improves.
I hope Liz gets to join him or at least she can pour the water on the shooter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 03:41 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,202 times
Well, we know that Karl Rove was one source; all plausible evidence points to Cheney as being another source. And yes, it's another case of "plausible deniability:" Stick with what you know works best.

My Role in the Valerie Plame Leak Story - HUMAN EVENTS

Old 11-02-2009, 03:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
You guys do know that without the list of questions, the 72 "I cant recall" is meaningless right?

Did Libby call you, or did you call him? "I cant recall".

Really, whats the point without the list of questions other than "oooh, he lied".. They could be meaningless questions that would not alter the facts and one that it would be reasonable to answer "I cant recall" to.

Hell, did you tie your left or right shoe first this morning? I surely cant recall..

Old 11-02-2009, 04:01 PM

As figured the questions are meaningless

Vice President had no recollection of discussing the matter at a meeting 6/10/03, A YEAR EARLIER. If I was in meetings everyday I wouldnt remember a year later if I had discussed a matter at a specific meeting without pulling up notes either.

Asked about research "exact date not recalled".. Why would someone recall an "exact date" off the top of their head.

Asked if he recalled reading a specific article published a year earlier, he couldnt recall. I wouldnt recall it either without seeing copies of the article.

http://www.citizensforethics.org/files/20091030%20-%20Cheney%20302%20(redacted).pdf (broken link)

Other than "gotcha" the thread is meaningless because nothing of value was "not recalled"

Old 11-02-2009, 04:15 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
As figured the questions are meaningless

Vice President had no recollection of discussing the matter at a meeting 6/10/03, A YEAR EARLIER. If I was in meetings everyday I wouldnt remember a year later if I had discussed a matter at a specific meeting without pulling up notes either.

Asked about research "exact date not recalled".. Why would someone recall an "exact date" off the top of their head.

Asked if he recalled reading a specific article published a year earlier, he couldnt recall. I wouldnt recall it either without seeing copies of the article.

http://www.citizensforethics.org/files/20091030%20-%20Cheney%20302%20(redacted).pdf (broken link)

Other than "gotcha" the thread is meaningless because nothing of value was "not recalled"
Some here don't think it's meaningless at all, it's almost as clear as night and day that the man conveniently can't recall. I think the gotcha threads are in someone else's court, but I'm not mentioning names here.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Some here don't think it's meaningless at all, it's almost as clear as night and day that the man conveniently can't recall. I think the gotcha threads are in someone else's court, but I'm not mentioning names here.
It must be nice to think you can remember every date / time / fact in your life, but reality is you dont. And if you claim you can, you are a lier.

Hell, many individuals dont recall exact articles they read last week, or what the "exact date" they last had a day off of work, but its nice to see some people pretend they have super eidetic memory skills, to remember such meaningless "data", even if its just for pretend.. And I'm not mentioning any names here..

Old 11-02-2009, 04:28 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
I bet he can still aim and shoot a rifle.
You're giving him too much credit I'm afraid.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:41 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
It must be nice to think you can remember every date / time / fact in your life, but reality is you dont. And if you claim you can, you are a lier.

Hell, many individuals dont recall exact articles they read last week, or what the "exact date" they last had a day off of work, but its nice to see some people pretend they have super eidetic memory skills, to remember such meaningless "data", even if its just for pretend.. And I'm not mentioning any names here..
The man is said to have a very, very good memory.

I wouldn't call the outing of a CIA agent meaningless either. That borders along the line of a treasonous offense.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
The man is said to have a very, very good memory.
And Obama is said to be very intelligent, whats your point?
Quote:
I wouldn't call the outing of a CIA agent meaningless either. That borders along the line of a treasonous offense.
Jees, that would hold some value if ONLY Cheney ousted a CIA agent, which he didnt..

Old 11-02-2009, 05:02 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Cant be charged for perjury by saying you can't recall.
Is it any different than Clinton asking what the definition of sex is? And then lieing under oath anyway?
Politicians they are all basically the same. Liars and cheats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies