Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2009, 04:34 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Why? They are very nice people.
well if you can stomache father/daughter friends as husband and wife..
seems like it should be a walk in the park to grasp two consenting adults of the same gender who aren't related wanting to be married...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 05:06 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,500,035 times
Maine is a traditionally conservative state. Not a huge surprise, IMO.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:09 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,718,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna
This isn't rocket science.. The fact is the "majority" of americans at this time do not accept the homosexual life style as mainestream.. or moral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What's your source on that?

The polls I've seen show America evenly divided on the question of whether homosexuality is "moral". If you're aware of polls that show a majority who say it's immoral, please post them.

Majority Continues to Support Civil Unions: Overview - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

Americans Evenly Divided on Morality of Homosexuality
My source is the 31 states that have VOTED down same sex marriage..

Remember all I am saying is that the "majority" (albeit a small majority), at this point in time, do not accept the gay lifestyle as moral and mainstream.

Someone earlier stated that the moral "argument" didn't hold water because there are no fact based negative effects on society with gay marriage..

I am not saying weather or not the Moral's of the majority are righteous... MORALS ARE SUBJECTIVE... there is no right or wrong??? It's just is what it is kind of thing....

Old 11-24-2009, 08:07 AM

240 posts, read 437,231 times
Well this is a subject that will get alot of attention but me personally I am glad that they gay,homosexuals,lesbian,twisted sisters or whatever you nay want to call them,they will not be allowed to get married .
I am against same sex marriage that is not the way God created the human race to be.To mesame sex marriage falls right alone with human having sex with a beast,I think they call it anf forgive my spelling beastiality,unnatural affection which is a sin and against the law of nature and God.
However I donot hate these people but I pray for their deliverance and salvation.I have a male cousin who is a homosexual and he has a live in lover,but he tells me he knows that being with that man is wrong but he likes doing it and that he just could not stop,that being with another man was like being on crack it's addictive,so I will continue to love these people as Jesus do but not love their lifestyle

Old 11-24-2009, 10:22 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
My source is the 31 states that have VOTED down same sex marriage.. .
And that was a vote on same-sex marriage, not on homosexuality - at least that's what the proponents of same-sex marriage bans always say. If you're right, then they're lying. I have a feeling that you're right. That's okay, though. So when people who vote against same-sex marriage say that they're not anti-gay, they're lying too: They really are anti-gay.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:24 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlisa View Post
However I donot hate these people but I pray for their deliverance and salvation.I have a male cousin who is a homosexual and he has a live in lover,but he tells me he knows that being with that man is wrong but he likes doing it and that he just could not stop,that being with another man was like being on crack it's addictive,so I will continue to love these people as Jesus do but not love their lifestyle
Such drivel.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:37 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlisa View Post
Well this is a subject that will get alot of attention but me personally I am glad that they gay,homosexuals,lesbian,twisted sisters or whatever you nay want to call them,they will not be allowed to get married .
I am against same sex marriage that is not the way God created the human race to be.To mesame sex marriage falls right alone with human having sex with a beast,I think they call it anf forgive my spelling beastiality,unnatural affection which is a sin and against the law of nature and God.
Not everyone believes in your 'god'.

And how can you compare homosexuals to having sex with animals?? Two people getting married because they love eachother is on the same level as a person having sex with an animal?

Old 11-24-2009, 11:00 AM

1,025 posts, read 1,752,326 times
I'm really ready for the courts to rule on this one. When have we as a country ever voted on the rights of a minority group? Was their a referendum to vote on the rights of black minorities during the 60s? So why are we doing it to gays. There are a lot of ignorant people in this country (especially after watching those videos at the tea party rallies and Palin events) and it's definitely not right to subject their life to the rule of a few morons.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:13 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,718,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And that was a vote on same-sex marriage, not on homosexuality - at least that's what the proponents of same-sex marriage bans always say. If you're right, then they're lying. I have a feeling that you're right. That's okay, though. So when people who vote against same-sex marriage say that they're not anti-gay, they're lying too: They really are anti-gay.

Thanks for clearing it up.
Yes thats exactly what I am saying...

Old 11-28-2009, 11:37 AM

240 posts, read 437,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Not everyone believes in your 'god'.

And how can you compare homosexuals to having sex with animals?? Two people getting married because they love eachother is on the same level as a person having sex with an animal?

UNNATURAL AFFECTION
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies